2016 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

I stayed strict to the T for about 3-4 weeks, now I allow myself a maintenance day (eat the amount of calories I burn on a daily basis) on Saturday, but the key, is getting back on track the next day. You cannot let a cheat meal/day become days/weeks etc.

Yep. The dreaded snowball effect.

Yep. The dreaded snowball effect.

It is real, and a trap I fell into about 9 months ago after losing the first 30 pounds. Before I knew it, 15 were back on.

It is real, and a trap I fell into about 9 months ago after losing the first 30 pounds. Before I knew it, 15 were back on.

Yup, I've been in a bit of a rut with some of the stuff going on here. Got back on the plan, especially w/ lunch at work and things are back on track. Easiest way for me to realize my nutrition isn't as good as it should be is through my workouts at the gym - that carries over.

Thanks fellas, not ready to test those waters yet, but was curious

Yes you did warn me, and I told my daughter before the class we were in for it. lol

Your right it it does not give me workouts ... what I try to do is break it down in 10-15 minute blocks ... I start on the treadmill ... i have the same trainer a lot in the evenings and I hear him my head ... "OK treadmills we are going to do 1 minute push push followed by a 1 minute all out ... in ... 3 ...2 ... 1" ... I keep time on the app display ... if you touch the center of the display it changes between percent and heart rate ... so I watch that similar to class as well.

Same when I do work with the "weight floor" ... I have 25# and 15# dumbbells and I try to mimic the weight room exercises. I just do the ones that I remember from class ... I have been working on planks as well .. i.e. I add those into the workout, so I wont be the first one out next time. :act-up:

I do end up with more treadmill work than a normal class ... which is my comfort zone ... but my goal is interval training ...

Haha, I can hear my trainer saying exactly what you just typed. I have 2 regular ones, both are great.

That's a GREAT idea to add a plank, I need to do that since I was the first one out in my class as well. On my days off I just work on cardio because that is my weakness. So yesterday I ran for 2 miles and beat my time by 1 minute which was a HUGE accomplishment for me. But I am definitely going to add a plank at the end now, thanks for the idea!

Thanks fellas, not ready to test those waters yet, but was curious

James will probably a bit better to explain how it would work on WW.

For me, I limit myself to 1600 calories a day. I burn roughly 2200 calories a day (a few hundred more with workouts, but I don't count them.) So on my "cheat day" instead of eating 1600 calories, I will eat 2200. Still following Intermittent Fasting, so usually I will go to the gym around 10-11, workout for an hour or hour and a half and then come home and shower and eat a pizza at about 2PM. Even if that is 1500 calories in the pizza I eat, I still have 700 more calories to eat that evening if I decide to. As long as I don't go over my calories I burn in a day, I won't gain weight, and I still feel like I rewarded myself.

Going to try out intermittent fasting (for convenience factor) and IIFYM. Trying to only cut 5 pounds, wel'll see how it goes.

James will probably a bit better to explain how it would work on WW.

For me, I limit myself to 1600 calories a day. I burn roughly 2200 calories a day (a few hundred more with workouts, but I don't count them.) So on my "cheat day" instead of eating 1600 calories, I will eat 2200. Still following Intermittent Fasting, so usually I will go to the gym around 10-11, workout for an hour or hour and a half and then come home and shower and eat a pizza at about 2PM. Even if that is 1500 calories in the pizza I eat, I still have 700 more calories to eat that evening if I decide to. As long as I don't go over my calories I burn in a day, I won't gain weight, and I still feel like I rewarded myself.

Yeah, the benefit to WW, for me, is the weekly points and the fact that I know I'm hitting my activity point goals (and then some) each day. So as long as I don't deplete those, I'm OK with taking a day and eating something that kicks me in the points. For me its usually mexican (which I can control a good bit still), sushi, indian, or pizza.

Yeah, the benefit to WW, for me, is the weekly points and the fact that I know I'm hitting my activity point goals (and then some) each day. So as long as I don't deplete those, I'm OK with taking a day and eating something that kicks me in the points. For me its usually mexican (which I can control a good bit still), sushi, indian, or pizza.

Still very new to this, but I look at the weekly points as forbidden fruit haha. I too am fairly active so I know I have some wiggle room when that time comes. I guess for now I will stay true to what I've got going, and when that time comes, I won't feel to guilty.

Still very new to this, but I look at the weekly points as forbidden fruit haha. I too am fairly active so I know I have some wiggle room when that time comes. I guess for now I will stay true to what I've got going, and when that time comes, I won't feel to guilty.

Gotta remember dude, they give you the weekly points for a reason, no need to fear them. I try to avoid going into them, but I know if I do its not the end of the world.

Since I don't actually belong to WW I can't find an updated app that tells me the new points, or what my new allotted points are. I believe the minimum is 30 now, because before I was at 26.

Also, does anyone know what the points are for quinoa? In the past it was 4 pts for 1/2 cup cooked.

Gotta remember dude, they give you the weekly points for a reason, no need to fear them. I try to avoid going into them, but I know if I do its not the end of the world.

Good point dude.

Since I don't actually belong to WW I can't find an updated app that tells me the new points, or what my new allotted points are. I believe the minimum is 30 now, because before I was at 26.

Also, does anyone know what the points are for quinoa? In the past it was 4 pts for 1/2 cup cooked.

3 GG just checked

Adding some Whey Protein to my nutrition starting today. I'm almost half way through the program I'm doing. I haven't missed a day of working out yet, though there have been a few days where I'm not wanted to. I think with this protein add, that should help build some more muscle, help take off some fat faster.

Good point dude.

I've lost 30 on WW thus far. When I stopped using my weeklys I lost a lot more. Also I trasferred to the simply filling portion of WW and it has helped a ton. Lost 13lbs in last 2 weeks on Simply filling as opposed to the 17lbs I lost in the 1st month and a half of the standard portion of WW

My official weigh day isn't until tomorrow, but it looks like this was a very good bounceback week for me. Last week had events/meetings literally every single night, so I couldn't eat great plus I only got to gym 1 time.
This week, I've barely dipped into my WW flex points and gotten 3 workouts in. Looks like I will be down another 1.5, maybe 2 lbs, or 8 lbs since Jan. 3. will try to shave another 2 lbs to hit 10 lbs before I leave on beach trip next Thurs.

I am pumped that I didn't let that speed bump derail me.

Just had chia seed pudding again and it's really really good! I am trying a different recipe tonight for tomorrow (since it's sits over night) and I can't wait to try it. It's stupid easy to make and tastes so good! Such a great dessert alternative.

I had Matzo Ball soup GG made for me.
Low in points, delicious and Jewish Penicillin.

being sick the last 4 days i have not worked out besides a range session and a lesson this morning, I also haven't had much intake and I'm sure my body fighting this bug is killing calories. I refuse to weigh myself for two more weeks, i'll also be adding the Golf Strong program from sklz to my marathon sessions.

have not posted here in a few days....holding steady at 232, looking to lose 3 more pounds and hit the 229 mark. it has been 11 months and I am down 168 pounds as of today. the 229 mark is just mental at this point, one or two pounds will not matter but just to say that I am in the 220's is something special. that was my weight as a senior in high school.....in 1978!!!!

Amazing Maddog. I love your story and reading about your successes. You'll be at 229 very very soon!

have not posted here in a few days....holding steady at 232, looking to lose 3 more pounds and hit the 229 mark. it has been 11 months and I am down 168 pounds as of today. the 229 mark is just mental at this point, one or two pounds will not matter but just to say that I am in the 220's is something special. that was my weight as a senior in high school.....in 1978!!!!
Like an Effing Boss!

So effing impressive dude, you got the 220's no problem!

Insanity workout done for the day...sweating like a mofo

Back