SKLZ "Golf Strong" Program - THP Review

Very interested in this. I do a bunch of exercises at the gym that target swing strength and hip mobility but this looks even better.

Curious their future plans after you complete the first 6 weeks.

I would be curious to see if anyone that has gone through the book "Fix Your Body, Fix Your Swing" would chime in on this (doing a comparison).

You can get all the equipment for FYBFYS at Dicks, for about $70 and download the book for $10 online. So basically 1/2 the price.

This program seems to be exactly what I'm looking for. I can't wait to see the thoughts of those guys that already ordered.

I like the price point on this. Basically the price of a higher end gym membership or crossfit programs. But this will get you golf ready! James is already a best so it's scary to think he will get stronger and more flexible.

Can we get some numbers now and then numbers at the end. Club head and ball speed. Distance with 7 iron and driver.

I can handle that Pandaman, no problemo, was on my monitor yesterday anyways so I'll go pull the data from the Excel file and create a spreadsheet to track it.

I would be curious to see if anyone that has gone through the book "Fix Your Body, Fix Your Swing" would chime in on this (doing a comparison).

You can get all the equipment for FYBFYS at Dicks, for about $70 and download the book for $10 online. So basically 1/2 the price.

Even assuming it is the same (or similar enough to produce the same results) I think a lot of people would be more willing to start and more likely to continue using a video than a book. Add in the convenience factor of everything being included, and I can see why this would be a much bigger seller.

My question is along the same lines. If you price all the equipment from the SKLZ website, you're at $73.73. That means the those 2-training DVDs are $91.26.

1. Initial thought on whether the DVDs were worth the extra $$$?

2. After completing the program, if the DVDs were worth the extra $$$?

3. Quality of the products, how would you rate them compared to other similar products (assuming you've tried other band type products)?

4a. How will you measure their claims to:
- Helps build the strength and flexibility needed to increase club head speed and add measurable distance and accuracy
- Improves your swing performance while helping to reduce the common aches and pains associated with golf

4b. Panda's idea to measure swing speed and distance is a start, but is that based on other things you could be doing? What's a good way to test your current strength and flexibility now as to compare when you've completed the program?

4c. After a round of golf, do you currently have any physical ailments/aches/pains?

Looking forward to hearing your and other thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joey D. Also has a dvd for $34.

IMO, the price is being overanalyzed, particularly since sure, you can get all the individual pieces, but you don't get the EXOS workout. Believe me when I say that is a big deal, if you don't know about EXOS, do a little digging, legitimately the best in the business by most peoples considerations. Plus, to me, comparing a book to workout DVD's (and streaming access for those who travel) is comparing apples to oranges.

1. Initial thought on whether the DVDs were worth the extra $$$?

See above. Yes. You are getting a bonafide workout designed just for golf and golf alone with visual examples/instructors to help guide you along the way. Much easier than following a book IMO, and I'm a fan of the FYBFYS book (and own it). That said I've had/read the book, but never followed through with acquiring everything needed. Here, its a one stop shop. JMO, of course.

2. After completing the program, if the DVDs were worth the extra $$$?

Time will tell. 6 weeks time, in fact.

3. Quality of the products, how would you rate them compared to other similar products (assuming you've tried other band type products)?

SKLZ produces top notch quality materials, they're no joke. I have used other bands extensively as while coaching football for years and years we put the kids through band workouts in the offseason.

4a. How will you measure their claims to:
- Helps build the strength and flexibility needed to increase club head speed and add measurable distance and accuracy
- Improves your swing performance while helping to reduce the common aches and pains associated with golf

Simple. Am I more flexible than I was prior to starting (I know my body and flexibility issues quite well)? Have I seen more on course distance and accuracy (to me thats straight forward as I play pretty much 3-4 days a week, easy to gauge knowing my history/swing/etc)? On the aches and pains, its as easy as jdging how I feel after walking 18 or 36 compared to when I normally do (quite often thanks to this job requiring me to play so much).

4b. Panda's idea to measure swing speed and distance is a start, but is that based on other things you could be doing? What's a good way to test your current strength and flexibility now as to compare when you've completed the program?

Since I won't be doing anythign else to increase my flexibility or strength, I don't believe it could be. IMO, as I mentioned above, I don't need any initial measure besides how well I know my body as well as how the program evolves in difficulty/flexibility/increasing-resistance as the program proceeds.

4c. After a round of golf, do you currently have any physical ailments/aches/pains?

Back and elbow fatigue/soreness are common for me, and something that has led me to realize just how much flexibility I have lost over the past couple years.

Last edited:
Thanks James for the response.

I'll do some research on EXOS, never heard of it.

For me price is a huge consideration. It goes directly to deciding the "value" I'm getting for the money I'm going to spend. Food is a good example for me. I rarely have "terrible" food. However, based on the price I paid for said meal, determines if it is worth it to do it again.

Get to work James!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, you know my disdain for the gym (when it comes to lifting) and why, so that makes this THAT much more intriguing to me. Some serious names behind it too, EXOS is CRAZY legit.

James can you elaborate on your disdain for gym lifting workouts? Just curious

James can you elaborate on your disdain for gym lifting workouts? Just curious
No problem, from about 13 years old on I lived in the gym from being the one working out to running workouts for our athletes, that culminated with total burnout and when I walked away from football coaching I've not looked back (nor have I wanted to) .

JMan, Thanks for the heads up on EXOS.

EXOS, formerly known as core performance, has 3 golf specific workout programs on their website. They are priced at $9.99 per month or $89 per year and allow you to switch between the programs as you like. If that's not enough they offer a free 10 day trial.

http://www.coreperformance.com/training-programs/golf.html

The link below has links to some pretty solid looking free content.

http://www.coreperformance.com/golf/
While cool, I think it says something that they coordinated with SKLZ to create a one stop comprehensive program with total accessibility here. All pieces necessary in one shot.

While cool, I think it says something that they coordinated with SKLZ to create a one stop comprehensive program with total accessibility here. All pieces necessary in one shot.

I already have the necessary equipment.

As I dig deeper into their site I am amazed at the amount of free content and the variety of workouts that fall under one price. The organization is something I haven't seen elsewhere including mytpi.com.

I already have the necessary equipment.

As I dig deeper into their site I am amazed at the amount of free content and the variety of workouts that fall under one price. The organization is something I haven't seen elsewhere including mytpi.com.
EXOS is one of the best in the business.

Its why I'm so excited to see them working with SKLZ and getting to spend time with this program here for the forum and for the homepage. There is a lot to be intrigued by here, as most don't have all the necessary equipment.

For what it's worth, I think the price point is more than fair, especially with the lack of competition.

If people want a free resource for golf related fitness, I currently use "Mytpi" for many golf related exercises and stretches.

Again, I am very interested in this product and will likely purchase this prior to the results/review. It looks legit and well worth the money.

I'm seriously pondering this. Would do Sunday, weds and Friday as the days I'd do the workout.

These will be added to the first post as well, but I wanted to put them here too.

First workout tonight post Super Bowl. I'm pumped.

DSC_0853-XL.jpg

DSC_0856-XL.jpg

DSC_0875-XL.jpg

DSC_0877-XL.jpg

DSC_0878-XL.jpg

DSC_0879-XL.jpg

DSC_0871-XL.jpg

DSC_0858-XL.jpg

DSC_0859-XL.jpg

DSC_0863-XL.jpg

DSC_0866-XL.jpg

DSC_0862-XL.jpg

DSC_0867-XL.jpg

DSC_0870-XL.jpg

Solid looking package.

Damn. That looks like exactly what I want! I'll be very interested to seeing how this works for you.

Great pics, really looking to getting mine and getting started

only 45 minutes per session and 3 days a week is very doable.

You and I have the same thought in measuring our progress James. I have the same flexibility and strength challenges it sounds like and similar to you after a round my back tends to stiffen up. I can't wait to see how your first workout goes. My shipment should be gets tomorrow and I'm excited to compare progress and results with the others that have ordered.

Def going to try and do workout #1 tonight.

This looks great James.

Back