Oban Shafts Philosophy

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP TV talks with Pete from Oban Shafts about their philosophy and creating a shaft for different golfers.

I've always wanted to try Oban. Love the look of them and they seem to perform very well.

I really enjoyed getting to hear these guys chat with us at Callaway for #TheGrandaddy, they're a company that honestly intrigues me for a lot of different reasons. Love seeing them on here and involved in the videos from the show.

Can't watch it just yet, but this one truly excites me.

It's a unique concept, that's for sure.

Having Oban front and center on THP makes me very happy. I believe in their product and definitely want to know more about them as a company.

I've always been intrigued by them, but can't say I've ever tried to get fit or be fit for one of it's shafts. I know they have a great reputation among better players.

They make great high end shafts. Our club champion uses their shafts to great effect. Now if I could swing like him I could justify spending the coin on their shafts. Outstanding product, love the feel when I tried them! Maybe this will be the year I break down and get fitted for one!

After trying Neb's Oban, I certainly wanted to hear/learn more about them, sounds like a great company, hopefully I'll be able to try a few other of their offerings in 2016

I was fit into an Oban Kiyoshi gold at the Grandaddy... I love the shaft. They are a Chicago company as well so that's cool for someone from the area. I think the fact that they only distribute through fitters is a smart marketing plan at their price point. I would guess it goes a long way to skew customer satisfaction with the product when everyone who buys it on the primary market is fit into it by a professional.

Love that they are particular about their dealers, says alot about the kind of company they are

I have never hit an Oban shaft, but I love their philosophy on fittings and that they are selective with dealers.

I have tried several of their shafts in drivers over the last few years and I am a fan. I just popped a devotion 6 in my GBB.

Back