Wilson Staff C200 Irons Review Thread

That wallet is coming out of the pocket

That wallet is coming out of the pocket

Yep. He might as well just have them hold it behind the counter while he is swinging away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilson is doing fittings a PGATSS on Saturday in Illinois. Signed up for 1pm. Figured it was the best way to test it against my D100
a622876b04c1e5ff032d7987df7b2768.jpg

I know it's a nit but the wear on the polished chrome bugs me from the clubs I've seen with some play on them. Doesn't matter the manufacturer I hate the polished look, just screams I'm gonna look like crap after a few hits.

I got to hit these earlier this week at a local golf store. I picked up an iron from the rack and unbeknownst to me I had picked up the graphite version. The Aldila shaft really looks stealthy. You cannot tell that it is a graphite shaft. I took a couple of swings with the 7 iron and PW. The shaft flex was regular. I am not sure if my swing was just out of whack or what, but I was not seeing my normal distances. The PW was going about 130 yards, I am used to about 145-150. The 7 iron was going about 165-170, and that is usually around 180. I went back and picked up the steel version which had the regular flex KBS tour in it and saw increased distances by maybe 3-4 yards. I cannot really make any judgements about performance until I get to hit these outside but the ball definitely felt nice coming off the face. I did not really notice the power holes at all and I think these clubs look really great. I hope to get to try these out at my local range.

Wilson is doing fittings a PGATSS on Saturday in Illinois. Signed up for 1pm. Figured it was the best way to test it against my D100
a622876b04c1e5ff032d7987df7b2768.jpg

CAnt beat that! Looking forward to your thoughts

10 yard gains consistently is huge, my wallet would have been out at the end of that session.

I know it's a nit but the wear on the polished chrome bugs me from the clubs I've seen with some play on them. Doesn't matter the manufacturer I hate the polished look, just screams I'm gonna look like crap after a few hits.

No polished chrome where you expect to have turf interaction.

10 yard gains consistently is huge, my wallet would have been out at the end of that session.

We shall see this afternoon when I go back. I'm a little confused by it quite frankly. My AP1s were fit for me at 2 degrees up and the C200s were stock and when you factor in the difference in the stock lie angles, the C200s are effectively 3 degrees flatter than my current irons. Now, having said that, I have spent the last 5 weeks getting lessons twice a week for an hour at a time so my swing is a night to day difference from where it was, which certainly may explain why the upright angle may no longer be ideal. I know from impact tape that I was consistently hitting in the vicinity of the middle of the face on the C200s. More testing in a couple of hours. I'll report back.

And it's done. I averaged 4-6 more yards with pw with higher trajectory and 7-10 with 7 iron. The feel with graphite is so much smoother. Went with 1 degree up after lie board. 5-GW. Out the the door for $515.00 after trade-in as he gave me $60 more on trade-in than pga value guide.

And it's done. I averaged 4-6 more yards with pw with higher trajectory and 7-10 with 7 iron. The feel with graphite is so much smoother. Went with 1 degree up after lie board. 5-GW. Out the the door for $515.00 after trade-in as he gave me $60 more on trade-in than pga value guide.

My specs on my AP1 were like yours 2* up but mine was +1 hard step (never had that before). I too went with 1* up on my test 7 iron. At first I had some problems hitting off the toe, but I attributed it to hitting my Ap1's and then hitting my C200 and intermixing the two clubs. I went out to day and it was much different, although I still would like to hit the C200 with 2* up just as my AP1.

Told ya!
Congrats

Went to PGATSS to demo the C200 irons. Don't you just hate it when your swing goes in the tank when you need it the most! I finally got fit with the Elements Regular Flex shaft. Lighter is just better for me. Not sure if I will pull the trigger. The less offset vs. my D100's is something I would really have get use to. With the D200 on the last year of their 2 year cycle, I have to think that the D300 will have this Flex Face technology. Might be worth the wait.

Went to PGATSS to demo the C200 irons. Don't you just hate it when your swing goes in the tank when you need it the most! I finally got fit with the Elements Regular Flex shaft. Lighter is just better for me. Not sure if I will pull the trigger. The less offset vs. my D100's is something I would really have get use to. With the D200 on the last year of their 2 year cycle, I have to think that the D300 will have this Flex Face technology. Might be worth the wait.

You think your swing tanked at the wrong time? Try having it tank at the very moment one of the W/S pros are trying to fit you! I left so mad at myself for somehow letting that creep in! Got past it but after the event. It was rough but still a great experience there!

You think your swing tanked at the wrong time? Try having it tank at the very moment one of the W/S pros are trying to fit you! I left so mad at myself for somehow letting that creep in! Got past it but after the event. It was rough but still a great experience there!

I could definitely see that happening to me. I would have been screaming "Fudgenuggets" for a week.

Saw that firsthand. Thought CM was going to go Tasmanian devil there a few times but he made out okay!

I could definitely see that happening to me. I would have been screaming "Fudgenuggets" for a week.

I know what you guys mean. I was so excited to try out this 7 test iron with the graphite shaft I bought, then took it out and either my swing went away or the club is bad. I tend to side with my swing going away.
Still, I think getting fit is the key for a proper fitting club, especially when I haven't played with an off the rack set in years. The problem is finding a fitter/store that has the options to fit you properly. I have no issues in finding a Titleist, Callaway, Ping, etc. fitter, but when it comes to Wilson, I just don't have many choices.

Saw that firsthand. Thought CM was going to go Tasmanian devil there a few times but he made out okay!

It had to be that fried mozzarella and deep dish pizza the night before! Heck if #StaffProto 2016 will have me next year just as a caddy in order to get deep dish I would go!!

It had to be that fried mozzarella and deep dish pizza the night before! Heck if #StaffProto 2016 will have me next year just as a caddy in order to get deep dish I would go!!

Hahah. You are catching on to my secret. To just tag along and eat the food.

I've seen some guys throw down in my day and I'm still impressed by your Thursday night performance. I wonder if they ship direct?

I've seen some guys throw down in my day and I'm still impressed by your Thursday night performance. I wonder if they ship direct?

If there is good eating at an event, participant or not, count me in to break bread with people!!!

If there is good eating at an event, participant or not, count me in to break bread with people!!!

Based on the response from the boss man a few posts back, I think good eats nearby is one of the deciding factors in event planning

Had Deep Dish pizza tonight

Last edited:
Back