TaylorMade M2 Driver Preview

Seems like this club is going to be a winner for the 90-100 mph ss players.

On the monitor that was my takeaway though I almost equally liked the XR16, which I also ordered and have on the way to the my doorstep.

Ordered my M2 customized on Monday and received a shipping notice today that I'll have it on Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow...That soon. Good deal...What set up did you get?

Wow...That soon. Good deal...What set up did you get?

Got it in 10.5 with Rogue Silver 60, 1/2" shortened on the shaft while maintaining the swingweight. Put a Pure grip on it.

On the monitor that was my takeaway though I almost equally liked the XR16, which I also ordered and have on the way to the my doorstep.
I have the XR 16 and love it...I've got some store credit I'll use for the M2......

I have the XR 16 and love it...I've got some store credit I'll use for the M2......

They are my two favorites of everything I tried this year. Didn't care for the Cobra line or the new Ping line, that later surprised me as I loved the G30 line, not sure what is different but it's different! The Nike stuff I didn't get along with and while I liked the new Mizuno JPX EZ it wasn't better then the M2 or XR16.

Good luck with deciding the top of your bag.

Got it in 10.5 with Rogue Silver 60, 1/2" shortened on the shaft while maintaining the swingweight. Put a Pure grip on it.
Nice..I'm still debating on shaft choice. I have the Rogue Silver 60 I/O for my XR 16 that I like but the specs are different. I also have a Rogue Black 60...I'm looking at playing it at 45 inches..Probably go with the 10.5 also....

Nice..I'm still debating on shaft choice. I have the Rogue Silver 60 I/O for my XR 16 that I like but the specs are different. I also have a Rogue Black 60...I'm looking at playing it at 45 inches..Probably go with the 10.5 also....

I have the same shaft tipped in my garage that will fit into the XR16 if what I ordered doesn't work out.

Ordered my M2 customized on Monday and received a shipping notice today that I'll have it on Friday.

Just got the call from my shop that it came in. Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow or Saturday.

Looking forward to giving this a hit tomorrow when I go for my fitting

Depending on what happens I may or may not subsequently throw my name in the hat for the testing

Got a chance to hit this along with the 3w and hybrid. Wow I was really impressed. Everything I disliked about previous TM woods have been corrected in my opinion. Hit the 19 deg hybrid 232 with a beautiful ball flight (stock stiff shaft). This likely will make it into my bag as I haven't hit anything with both feel, sound and ball flight like that. Looking forward to spending some more time with the driver over the weekend as I liked what I saw with the initial hits

Got a chance to hit this along with the 3w and hybrid. Wow I was really impressed. Everything I disliked about previous TM woods have been corrected in my opinion. Hit the 19 deg hybrid 232 with a beautiful ball flight (stock stiff shaft). This likely will make it into my bag as I haven't hit anything with both feel, sound and ball flight like that. Looking forward to spending some more time with the driver over the weekend as I liked what I saw with the initial hits

Where are you hitting these?
GG? I hope to get up to the Fox Cities golf show next weekend.

Hit this during my fitting this morning and although I hit it well it didn't give me the best results. Now a lot of that is down to my swing but there was another club that gave me better results

Looks like mine was just delivered per a FedEx email. I have an MGA event on Saturday and will also be playing Sunday. Looking forward to putting it through the paces along with a Callaway XR16 3+ I picked up.

Awesome thoughts, makes me even more excited to give this a try. Can you elaborate a bit on what you dislikes previously with TM woods that was fixed with this iteration?

TaylorMade M2 Driver Preview

Awesome thoughts, makes me even more excited to give this a try. Can you elaborate a bit on what you dislikes previously with TM woods that was fixed with this iteration?

Two things have always bothered me. The first was the sound. For whatever reason many of the past TM drivers would sound like what I would consider a low quality/knock off club to sound like. A dull thud/crack kinda sound. Secondly they have always felt very solid at Impact like I was hitting the ball with a piece of metal with no flex/give to it. The M2 had a good feel and a sound that didn't make me cringe when I hit it.

I toyed with the SLDR but never bought one. This is a serious possibility

I've probably missed it in here somewhere, but this is essentially an M1 sans sliders, right? I could see myself picking up one of these heads at some point if it agrees with me as much as the M1. It's a hell of a lot cheaper and I honestly kinda like the simplicity. I also like that they kept the adjustable sleeve on this head vs the bonded Aeroburner - interchangeable shafts are almost a requirement for me at this point.

I've probably missed it in here somewhere, but this is essentially an M1 sans sliders, right? I could see myself picking up one of these heads at some point if it agrees with me as much as the M1. It's a hell of a lot cheaper and I honestly kinda like the simplicity. I also like that they kept the adjustable sleeve on this head vs the bonded Aeroburner - interchangeable shafts are almost a requirement for me at this point.

Early results would seem to indicate this, yes. Maybe 300-400 rpm less spin on the M1?

Roughly speaking yes. They took the weight saved from the sliders and moved it lower and back. It should launch a tad higher than the m1 even at the back setting (from what i've read). And is obviously a bit more forgiving.

To me, the M2 felt different to the M1. Not something I could put into words but I much preferred the feel of the M2 over the M1

To me, the M2 felt different to the M1. Not something I could put into words but I much preferred the feel of the M2 over the M1
I'm in this same boat also. It's hard to describe on only a few hits, but noticed it 'better' also. Need more time to figure it out.

I'm in this same boat also. It's hard to describe on only a few hits, but noticed it 'better' also. Need more time to figure it out.

As good as I hit it, the adjustability of the GBB won out for me as I was able to get that set up to help my OTT move putting too much spin on the ball so as I get that sorted I can move the sliding weight back towards the neutral setting which I obviously can't do with the M2

As good as I hit it, the adjustability of the GBB won out for me as I was able to get that set up to help my OTT move putting too much spin on the ball so as I get that sorted I can move the sliding weight back towards the neutral setting which I obviously can't do with the M2

I'm glad people are liking the M2 driver, because I think that strong Taylormade product is good for golf. However, I just don't see a non-adjustable driver for $399 retail. Everyone else has offerings that include adjustability for the same or lower prices. It's a puzzler to me.

I'm glad people are liking the M2 driver, because I think that strong Taylormade product is good for golf. However, I just don't see a non-adjustable driver for $399 retail. Everyone else has offerings that include adjustability for the same or lower prices. It's a puzzler to me.

The sleeve is adjustable but I get your point. The cost of doing business these days.

Back