Impact Sound - 2016 Cure Putters RX Line

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
While at the PGA Show, THP TV caught up with Cure Putters to discuss the changes made to the impact sound of their 2016 line. Rather than just tell you about it, we asked them to roll putts with each putter and we recorded the sound from each one.

[video=youtube;Tzksx-PTpYQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tzksx-PTpYQ[/video]

the sound is so much improved. Still get a hint of the older sound as the models go up, but not nearly as loud or fungo bat sounding.

Those sound pretty decent.

That's a nice change in sound. I didn't have an issue with the previous model but along with the looks the new sound should help draw more people in

Having been there with the mic, I can tell you the change is tremendous on all lines. They addressed the only issue I had in the RX line and because of it I will be picking one up this year.

Wow, much more solid sound especially in that first one I heard.

The first 2 sounded like hitting glass! I like the higher pitched sounds there. Interesting.

I think I may be the only person who prefers the looks of the RX line, I like them a lot. I really want to roll some of these.

Having been there with the mic, I can tell you the change is tremendous on all lines. They addressed the only issue I had in the RX line and because of it I will be picking one up this year.

Wardy and I were messing around with them and the only time we really got a hint of last years sound was when we hit the putt hard enough for like a 40 footer. Even then it was much improved.

That last one was close to the last models sound at least in pitch. but they all sound much more tame.

Sounds good in that environment. Need to hear one outdoors! I really like their look.

I, too, liked the sound from the first two putters, more so than the others.

Sounds like a way more muted sound from the new line.

Night and day different. Best part to me was they listened to feedback and made the changes.

As a current Rx2 owner, the first putter sound is similar to every other putter I hear. Which is great - if the reason not to play a Cure is the sound.
I have grown to like and appreciate the Rx2 sound, but I get comments when I am on the putting green.
Looking forward to seeing the C line in person!!

the sound is so much improved. Still get a hint of the older sound as the models go up, but not nearly as loud or fungo bat sounding.
They really seemed to have taken all the feedback to heart and made great changes with the entire new line.

less tin can ish, 2nd putter kinda sounded like a baseball bat

Much better sounding (for me) than the first line.

Hopefully I can hear those sounds in person at the NY event.

Sounds for these are tremendously different. I think that comes from the feedback they received from consumers.

I have an RX4 and the sound and feel is excellent.

While in my local golf shop recently they had some RX1's. Wow what a difference in sound.

If sound turned you off with the original line, my bet is that will all be forgotten with the new line. Also, there is some sole relief in the new RX to assist with turf interaction on putts from the fringe.

Great job by cure on the sound. I personally was not a fan of the rx sound from last year but the CX sounds really solid! Can't wait to get one in my hands this season!

The sound is much different the the previous models. Definitely a softer sound and I like it.

Back