Kentwool Kickoff Classic - Travel & Extra Rounds thread

I'm on a plane at 730 on Sunday and will be all golfed out

I think my return flight is at 2030 on Sunday night, otherwise I would be there with you.

Sorry Icey - I think my flight is around 8:30-9 so I won't be able to join you.

I don't see you on the list in the first post. I'd be happy to jump in here though so let me know if that works. I do need to look at traveling in that morning or Thursday night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's use this thread to discuss travel plans and extra rounds for the Kentool Classic which is already less than 2 months away. I'll update the first post (as needed) to keep things organized and easy to reference.

ATL to ALA ride sharing w/time
Girardcorp (9:00AM)
#Cookie (9:30AM)
Dhartmann34 (9:00AM)
JohnSinVA (9:00AM)
Above 4 sharing rental car

12:30AM Friday ride sharing
brianmk24
IceyShanks
tanker337

*cpljohnst can help with to/from airport, Friday would be mid-afternoon

Friday practice round
Alabama - Grand National (pending help from 441) - 11:30 to 12:30 tee times

T0AD
e1iterate

Confirmed groups below

11:00 Lakes Course
Spicoli
DawgDaddy
Chump Fries
Mojo

I edited it for brevity, but there it is from the first page.

JM

I edited it for brevity, but there it is from the first page.

JM

Ahhh I see it now lol. Looks like you have 4 unless something has changed. If you just have 3 then I'm happy to slide in.

Ahhh I see it now lol. Looks like you have 4 unless something has changed. If you just have 3 then I'm happy to slide in.

#Cookie, please add e1iterate to our 11:00 am Lakes Course time and Pull DD. Randy will not be able to make that time.

Thank you sir!

e1iterate - PM me your email addy.

Thanks,

Cookie, change in plans for me. I'm going to piggyback some work on top of this trip so I'm going to be in Alabama on Thursday now and will overnight at the hotel.
I'll still be available on Sunday for giving rides for up to 2 back to the ATL airport.

Also I'll likely be playing a round on the short course Friday now. TOAD is that still your plan too?

Barry, I have room on Thursday if you are looking for a game.

JM

Barry, I have room on Thursday if you are looking for a game.

JM

I've got some client meetings lined up for the morning and afternoon. Don't think I'll get to the hotel until 3 or 4 at the earliest. We'll meet up in the bar for sure though!

Cookie, change in plans for me. I'm going to piggyback some work on top of this trip so I'm going to be in Alabama on Thursday now and will overnight at the hotel.
I'll still be available on Sunday for giving rides for up to 2 back to the ATL airport.

Also I'll likely be playing a round on the short course Friday now. TOAD is that still your plan too?
I don't think T0AD will mind me replying. He and I have a 2:30 on the short course for that Friday. You are welcome to join us if you would like to. Love to have you. If you would like to, call Melissa and tell her you want to join the the 2:30 tee time under my name. The rate is better that way.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I don't think T0AD will mind me replying. He and I have a 2:30 on the short course for that Friday. You are welcome to join us if you would like to. Love to have you. If you would like to, call Melissa and tell her you want to join the the 2:30 tee time under my name. The rate is better that way.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Sounds like a plan!

I'm interested to see a more detailed schedule (mostly for food). I've got a few recommendations from a buddy of mine that went to school at Auburn, but I told him I doubt I'd need them (figured we'd be on a tight schedule).

I'm interested to see a more detailed schedule (mostly for food). I've got a few recommendations from a buddy of mine that went to school at Auburn, but I told him I doubt I'd need them (figured we'd be on a tight schedule).

Feel free to share anyway. I can make time for good eats.

Acre is a definite must eat if you have the time

Love me some good southern cooking! I'm in for any of those.

acre, then Amsterdam.

might I suggest a stop into Jim Bob's for some chicken fingers. but not on Sunday. that's the Lord's day.

acre, then Amsterdam.

might I suggest a stop into Jim Bob's for some chicken fingers. but not on Sunday. that's the Lord's day.

This is what I was looking for!! Are they as good as Huey magoos?

Here's hoping they overseed with rye during the winter. I'd love to play a course with a little green in it.

This is what I was looking for!! Are they as good as Huey magoos?

IMHO yes even better. the tenderloins are a little smaller, but the chicken is juicier.

and please get the sweet tea at grand national. it's fantastic.

IMHO yes even better. the tenderloins are a little smaller, but the chicken is juicier.

and please get the sweet tea at grand national. it's fantastic.

Done and done, thank you Chris

Wrong thread :)

Last edited:
Back