Parsons Xtreme Golf

Hadn't realized James Hahn had gone to PXG too until I saw him at the top of the WM leaderboard.

Also, is he no longer with Under Armour?

Last edited:
Hadn't realized James Hahn had gone to PXG too until I saw him at the top of the WM leaderboard.

Also, is he no longer with Under Armour?

Oakley this year for him.

May be wrong but that's three straight years with different clothing sponsors?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Oakley this year for him.

May be wrong but that's three straight years with different clothing sponsors?

Who'd he have before UA? I know he was TM before PXG.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Who'd he have before UA? I know he was TM before PXG.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

He use to be a Travis Mathew guy and Callaway clubs.

They're at the same price point as Epon irons.

And believe they are forged in China...

Read a couple of concerns regarding the gel not filling out in the iron making for some inconsistency. I'd go to a custom fitter and when the clubs are ready, hit them with the fitter present to clear up possible issues.

Old Thread...& I know a lot of people have a love/hate for PXG....but they did alter the golf market. PXG found a niche in the Luxury golf equipment area and filled it.... Although there were always high priced irons like Miura they were never really marketed that hard.

PXG did show that there is a segment of the golf market willing to pay $300 or so per iron. Without PXG would there be Callaway Epic irons or Titleist C16s?

And although Bob Parson's personality seems over the top sometimes his foundation (https://www.tbrpf.org/) has donated and raised millions of dollars for Veteran programs and other initiatives. Plus he also signed the pledge to donate half his net worth.

Do you think other OEMs like Ping or Cobra will come out with gear for the luxury market?

Old Thread...& I know a lot of people have a love/hate for PXG....but they did alter the golf market. PXG found a niche in the Luxury golf equipment area and filled it.... Although there were always high priced irons like Miura they were never really marketed that hard.

PXG did show that there is a segment of the golf market willing to pay $300 or so per iron. Without PXG would there be Callaway Epic irons or Titleist C16s?

And although Bob Parson's personality seems over the top sometimes his foundation (https://www.tbrpf.org/) has donated and raised millions of dollars for Veteran programs and other initiatives. Plus he also signed the pledge to donate half his net worth.

Do you think other OEMs like Ping or Cobra will come out with gear for the luxury market?
I'm not so sure how viable that niche is and how large of a company it can support long term.

Callaway and Titleist have those irons as complementary iron to their others. So while I do believe PXG paved the way in getting the market prepared a bit more for the prices I actually think in the long run the Callaway and Titleist of the world will do better with these high priced items than a full on niche company.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I'm not so sure how viable that niche is and how large of a company it can support long term.

Callaway and Titleist have those irons as complementary iron to their others. So while I do believe PXG paved the way in getting the market prepared a bit more for the prices I actually think in the long run the Callaway and Titleist of the world will do better with these high priced items than a full on niche company.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

And FWIW, both of those companies have had plans on this (along with a few others) long before PXG showed any sign of life or sales. Heck, we were talking about it at the PGA Show with multiple companies as long as 7 years ago. When Honma, XXIO and a few others showed even a hint of life in the NA market.

I commend the person on having the wealth to help support the veterans. Lots of not so great people have fantastic foundations. Not speaking of him directly, but giving to charity, does not make someone a good person. Certainly doesn't hurt the cause...Perfect example. Donald Trump has donated TONS of money to charity...Yet half the people that support Parsons, would tell you Trump is a terrible person...Funny how that works. :D

Why is Bob Parsons such a terrible person again?

he's the owner of a company that makes golf clubs that we are all forced to buy with no other options in the marketplace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

he's the owner of a company that makes golf clubs that we are all forced to buy with no other options in the marketplace

Having been playing my 311xf's all week, forgot how much I like them. Also makes me realize I have way too many golf clubs and not enough time to play them all.

Any software developer that ever had to deal with hosting done on Go Daddy will have an automatic dislike for him.

FWIW, I dont see see how someone read my post and saw how I was calling him that...Some people just seem to look for that stuff though, so we are used to it...haha

FWIW, I dont see see how someone read my post and saw how I was calling him that...Some people just seem to look for that stuff though, so we are used to it...haha

i wasn't directing anything at you. i was just making an overtly facetious comment because i don't understand the hate for parsons or pxg. i was kinda interested in them until i saw them held one of james hahn's irons and it just didn't do anything for me. i'm glad i can now buy 1 of literally hundreds of other options on the marketplace instead. just like if i want to buy a car it's not a choice between a ferrari or riding public transportation.

i wasn't directing anything at you. i was just making an overtly facetious comment because i don't understand the hate for parsons or pxg. i was kinda interested in them until i saw them held one of james hahn's irons and it just didn't do anything for me. i'm glad i can now buy 1 of literally hundreds of other options on the marketplace instead. just like if i want to buy a car it's not a choice between a ferrari or riding public transportation.

I know brother. And I agree with you. Not sure why it quoted your post (Im mobile).

I have a general feeling that anybody who trophy hunts is either a serial killer in waiting, overcompensating for other inadequacies in their...hrrmm..manliness, or a just a general douche bag.

I don't know which one of those Parson's falls into, could be any combination of the three.

Not terrible, but from what I've heard ... difficult.

Volatile is be a better word (like most entrepreneurs I've known, although Bob may be a unique case).

Last edited:
Love seeing PXG getting some ink in here.........

WITB:
PXG 0811X 9* Driver, Limited Edition 2016 Basileus AAA, 60X
PXG 0341X 15* 3 wood, Basileus Leggero, 75X
PXG 0317X 18* Hybrid, Project X HZRDUS Black, 85X
PXG 0311XF, 3, Xtreme Dark, UST Recoil Proto, 95 F5
PXG 0311T, 4-6, Xtreme Dark, DG TI AMT, x100
PXG 0311T, 7-P, Xtreme Dark, DG TI 120, x100
PXG 0311, 50, 55, 60 wedges, Xtreme Dark, DG TI 120, x100
PXG Gunboat "Darkness" Putter
PXG "Classic" Black Stand Bag

Back