I cloud backup failed error (since iOS 9) suggestions?

Chip

Reaction score
Handicap
Noticed my iOS device hasn't backed up since Christmas.When I click on the backup button I get a iCloud backup failed error.Running memory room on my iOS device and a backup is desperately needed.Went online and noticed that other users that updated to iOS 9.2.1 also have this issue.Besides deleting valuable photos/minimizing resolutions and apps that have data that might be lost to open more room.What would you suggest to eliminate this error that hasn't been resolved for many?A factory reboot and start over?Grabbing the photos and videos from the cloud while the device was backing up properly.
If I shoot any videos now my iOS device will be completely rendered useless as I will have run out of space.Deleting the videos doesn't free up space as the backup purges old files and opens this space you need.My other iOS device is running fine since I never updated.

please help

How much space do you have on your cloud?

Plenty,184 gbs.Ironically I plugged my iOS device into the wall charger and signed out of iCloud.Signed back in while hooked up to wall charger and now it says backup is on!!!!.Tried to do a manual backup and it said it failed and hasn't been backed up in 15 weeks

Things started going haywire ever since I bought an Xbox one before Christmas and had issues with my Apple ID

Lost half of my pictures on my iOS device last night.Manual backup still comes back with a response of failed.Thank goodness I have another iOS device that has all the original pics.Looks like my only option is to reformat the device to factory settings.The downside is losing all the data and info I had in my apps:(.Not sure what else to do,but somewhere I have an error that only a reformat will correct.Really getting sick of these apple products

Ok the phone with the Apple Store and iOS 9.2 update has been causing havoc everywhere.Wifi signal lost/ excessive battery drain and tons of iCloud issues/using unnecessary amounts of phone data.I guess I will weather the storm and hope iOS 9.3 fixes this.Everyone on this forum is just incredible.Thought I would pass on this info to maybe wait on the new iOS update

Now I read that some have had success creating a new iCloud account.Not sure what this would do with the previous one and all the funds I spent on storage.What a mess,getting sick of apple in general.Hope this is helping everyone.Not big on playing golf,but big on tech.

What a glorious day,looks like cloud is working again.Ios 9.2.1 going good as well.So thought I was going to lose everything.Hope this helps everyone here

Back