I'm playing Kapalua Plantation Course for my 40th!

mr.hicksta

Golf->Tacos->Gainz
Reaction score
So, mrs.hicksta is awesome! She was itching to tell me my birthday present early and she finally did today. All that said on 1/13, she's arranged for me to fly to Maui where I'll be playing Kapalua Plantation Course and will follow that up with dinner at a location TBD before I head home. This is a week after the Sentry TOC, so the course should be in pretty good shape. Needless to say I'm pumped, and as I've often done before, I plan on sharing the experience with THP! I may do a 'guess my score' contest, and if I do I'll create a separate thread with a sweet package of Aloha for a prize!

Happy Birthday to me! :D

ckhqufLl.jpg

Thats awesome! cant wait to follow along

Damn man, Vanessa don’t mess around. Congrats on the gift and looking forward to seeing how you play. Enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn dude! Congrats, heckuva of birthday present, quite the celebratory year!

So, mrs.hicksta is awesome! She was itching to tell me my birthday present early and she finally did today. All that said on 1/13, she's arranged for me to fly to Maui where I'll be playing Kapalua Plantation Course and will follow that up with dinner at a location TBD before I head home. This is a week after the Sentry TOC, so the course should be in pretty good shape. Needless to say I'm pumped, and as I've often done before, I plan on sharing the experience with THP! I may do a 'guess my score' contest, and if I do I'll create a separate thread with a sweet package of Aloha for a prize!

ckhqufLl.jpg

Congrats man and happy early bday!!!

Cannot wait to follow along

Congrats, awesome present. I played it a couple of years ago during vacation and it is a fun course. Enjoy and take your time! Let's see a THP'er outdo DJ on hole #6!

That is going to be amazing! Super pumped for you!!

Congrats! That’s a pretty great Birthday present!

Congrats hicksta!

Congrats! That's an awesome birthday present!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I'm sure you'll play the Regular tees as I typically play 6,300-6,500 yard tees and the yardage of the regular was not an issue. The fairways are very firm when I was there I got a ton of roll.

Don't be deceived on #9 tee, I thought looking at the yardage book that there was a swamp at bottom of gorge (nope) so laid up. Unfortunately should have played driver as second shot (severe uphill all the way to green) was a long one and green is tough one to hit from a long way out. I really wished I could have played a second time as you learn so much the first time around that you don't see during the Tournament of Champions event.

It is a fun course and really enjoyed it! Have a blast.

I can’t wait to follow along. Enjoy it buddy

ckhqufLl.jpg

Man, your wife is an all star.

This is awesome! I am looking forward to following along.

I was looking forward to playing the course when I go to Maui later in the year, but it looks like it will be closed.

That's awesome man. My wife and I played there on our Honeymoon (that was a clue I married the right one), and its one of my favorite rounds I've ever played. Its absolute paradise. You'll get to hit 2 of the longest drives of your life there (just don't tell anyone they were straight down a mountain). Looking forward to following along.

Happy Birthday and enjoy the day on the links.

What an awesome gift!!’

Nice, have a great time! I’m super jealous of you right now!!

Congrats!! That is an awesome present. Enjoy it.

Hey, small world--my bday is also 1/13! I'll be playing Torrey as a birthday gift from the Mrs. Congrats from a fellow Capricorn, Kapalua is a bucket list course for sure.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That’s an OUTSTANDING gift! Enjoy!

This is awesome! I am looking forward to following along.

I was looking forward to playing the course when I go to Maui later in the year, but it looks like it will be closed.

Yeah, he's getting the round in just in time. The course is closing in February for Coore and Crenshaw to come in and do a renovation for the rest of the year.

Sounds amazing! Congrats and looking forward to following your experience.

Great wife & great gift! Such a great place.

Wow congrats, Mrs hicksta knocked it out of the park!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back