What Club Defines Your Game?

theoverswinger

Reaction score
Handicap
16.2 UNHS
We won't hit every club perfectly during a game, but I've always said that if I'm not hitting my 3 wood well, I have no chance of getting a good score.

My 3 wood saves me from lousy drives, and brings my wedges into striking distance.

How about you? What golf club do you have in your bag that, if you're not good with it that day, you have absolutely no chance of posting a good score?

My first response was going to be the putter, but for me and my game it's the driver. My tee game is feast or famine and when it's off there's no way I'm going to score well.

I would say my driver, if I'm missing with that things usually get ugly.

If it has to be a single club I'd say 60* wedge. I use it more than most around the greens. If I'm off with that, it means I'm not getting up and down very much.

I'm going to say my driver. I always wonder why if you hit a great drive, your second shot sucks, but if you hit a bad drive, your second shot is great. My driver is feast or famine and it will dictate how my scoring will be.

Putter. I can play well or badly off the tee, but still manage to move around the course pretty successfully. But my only want to really improve my scores is to start holing putts. Known it for months, really. Just haven't gotten there.

I would say my wedge. It gets to some point in rounds where if I miss the green on second shot, I can hit my wedge to a good distance for a par putt or gimme

Going to say wedges since I play 2-3 around the green.

Even when my driver is on, I don't hit approaches all that close. If my wedges are on, I can usually grind out a lot of pars and occasionally hole out a chip.

I'd have to go with my hybrids. Our course is long enough that I have to hit quite a few of them to reach all the par 4/5s. If they are off it is going to be a long day!

Woods and hybrids for me. Now if I got the other parts down ☺

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Tee game. If I can't get off the tee with driver or wood then my scores are going to,be higher than I want.

Same as many others here, the driver. If that's off I'm either spending my day trying to make up strokes from going OB or in hazards, or I'm playing from behind trees. That makes for a long day.

Putter. I can play well or badly off the tee, but still manage to move around the course pretty successfully. But my only want to really improve my scores is to start holing putts. Known it for months, really. Just haven't gotten there.

Previously I would have said driver but after my last couple of lessons it is very quickly becoming one of my better clubs

So I am going to say the same as Paladin above, if my putter is working well I will usually score quite well

Wedges for me. I can generally recover and at least give myself a good shot at par after a poor tee shot. If my wedges so south, my score generally goes north.

Woods and hybrids for me.

3 hybrid straight down the middle, good distance and able to hit low shots with movement under branches trees etc.

For me it's my wedge play. I can usually tell from a few wedge shots how my game will be that day. My irons need the most work, then I wouldn't have to depend on my wedges so much, but it's the "L" factor (lazy).

Driver. Got to have a chance from the fairway. Everything will fall in place.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I'm thinking wedges. My GIRs are still lower than I'd like so I end up with a ton of shots around the green. Those shots tend to make or break a round.

Putter. If I am on it can make a good round great and save a bad one. Without it I lose confidence and the rest of may game suffers as it think I need to go for every flag.

Driver for sure, right now.

Driver for me. I scramble pretty good but if my driver is not working, it puts a lot of pressure on my short game.

"Drive for show, putt for dough" That is what I was always taught. I can have really good drives and put it close and still 3 putt. I feel being about to close out with the putter and being consistent helps with a good round. Make the first putt on number 1 confidence is high for the next 17 holes.

Wedges for me if I'm off with my pitching and chipping then I'm going to struggle puts too much pressure on the putter.

It's day to day for me and between my tee game and irons. If my tee game is off I add 5+ strokes in penalties. But I've found out recently that if my tee game is decent, but I'm hooking my irons I will still be in trouble. Most of my home courses have water left of the green on 5+ holes and I find the water a lot when I'm hooking the irons.

Back