The Movie Review Thread

.... I didn't get the bike joke. I just kept hoping one of them would fall so I could laugh. This joke was a disappointment.

.... I didn't get the bike joke. I just kept hoping one of them would fall so I could laugh. This joke was a disappointment.
Cannondale released a new aluminum bike, they call those that ride it "The Cult of Aluminati." It's a pun on Illuminati. Laugh.

Cannondale released a new aluminum bike, they call those that ride it "The Cult of Aluminati." It's a pun on Illuminati. Laugh.

I see what they did there. I chuckled.

Sooo....

Deadpool

Hyper violent. Vulgar. It's quite obvious that once the writers got the green light for an R Rating, they went all out. Nudity, violence, and swearing not that any of that bothered me but my wife was less than pleased. It doesn't follow the comic's storyline but that doesn't bother me. It definitely does things that most comic book movies don't have the guts to do.

Sooo....

Deadpool

Hyper violent. Vulgar. It's quite obvious that once the writers got the green light for an R Rating, they went all out. Nudity, violence, and swearing not that any of that bothered me but my wife was less than pleased. It doesn't follow the comic's storyline but that doesn't bother me. It definitely does things that most comic book movies don't have the guts to do.

I will be going tomorrow. I know nothing about the character but I'm excited to see this flick.

I will be going tomorrow. I know nothing about the character but I'm excited to see this flick.
I knew plenty of the character going in. The movie does a good job of setting up the character for folks that are unaware.

I knew plenty of the character going in. The movie does a good job of setting up the character for folks that are unaware.

before I say I'm excited for this one is the nudity of Ryan Renolds?

before I say I'm excited for this one is the nudity of Ryan Renolds?
Without saying yes or no. I'm just saying there's a fair amount of nudity.

Without saying yes or no. I'm just saying there's a fair amount of nudity.

Well then consider me officially excited and a little scared. Can't wait.

The wife and I went to Deadpool last night and I loved it. My wife enjoyed it also but it was a little more vulgar than she cares for, but still liked it. The humor was right up my alley. It's definitely a different type of superhero movie.

At Deadpool right now. Starts in 9 minutes.

I've heard enough. Deadpool tickets purchased for Sunday night. My kind of V-day :D

The wife and I went to Deadpool last night and I loved it. My wife enjoyed it also but it was a little more vulgar than she cares for, but still liked it. The humor was right up my alley. It's definitely a different type of superhero movie.
You're lucky. My wife hated it. She has the hardest time with the fact that Deadpool is not a hero and does nothing heroic or selfless at any point in the movie.

You're lucky. My wife hated it. She has the hardest time with the fact that Deadpool is not a hero and does nothing heroic or selfless at any point in the movie.

I've been slowly warping my wife's sense of humor over the years so she liked most of the comedy value of it. I told her going in to it that he was not a superhero in the traditional sense at all and she stayed open minded on it.

My wife said it was just about the greatest movie ever. Now she understands what I've been talking about for the last eight years.

Back