Garsen Golf Grips Review

I have played a few rounds and only a few practice session with the Max. One thing I have noticed is that my speed seems off. Not sure how the grip would change the speed, but I'm now Consistently hitting putts a little to hard and/or through the breaks. The grip feels great and Im looking forward to some more practice.

Anyone know when the 15" version will be available for purchase?

Anyone know when the 15" version will be available for purchase?
Send them an email and you should be able to purchase with pay pal.

I just got back from an hour on the putting green with the new 15". For one reason or another I tried left hand low for the first time in ages. I dedicated the whole hour to only LHL. I think I might be a convert. I putted really well and began to feel more comfortable as time went by. More practice will tell but I really like the 15" G Max...

Grip sets up really well for LHL - Edge does too, but the MAX even moreso.

Second round with the Garsen and LHL, 29 putts. 8 one putts, one three putt. I'm going to ride this train a while.

I'll preface this by saying I've never used left hand low before, but oh my is the Garsen MAX absolutely fantastic for LHL. Granted I'm only putting in my basement so far, but I'm putting the ball down my line every time.

Just saw Stenson is using a Garsen grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just saw Stenson is using a Garsen grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, he's been rocking one a while now, really was the first 'name' to throw one into play on the big stage that gets notice. Very very cool.

And Finau uses the 15" model on his putter

I just reached out to Bernard about acquiring a 15" CB version....it needs to be tried me thinks.

First round with the Max and think it's a keeper. 32 putts (15 of 18 GIR's) 3 birdies and ZERO 3 putts. A very good start with it.

First round with the Max and think it's a keeper. 32 putts (15 of 18 GIR's) 3 birdies and ZERO 3 putts. A very good start with it.

Nice!

Final score? Had to be near or under par.

I went to the Garsen website looking for the 15" Max but couldn't find it.

Is is still not available?

I went to the Garsen website looking for the 15" Max but couldn't find it.

Is is still not available?

Just e-mail Mr. Garsen and he will get you taken care of.

After a lengthy shipping delay (all due to USPS) my grips finally arrived on Monday. I ended up ordering the G-Pro Ultimate and the G-Pro 15" Max but to my surprise Bernerd Garsen threw in an additional 10" Max - THANKS Bernerd!!!

G-Pro Ultimate
I quickly blew the Ultimate on an old Ping Anser putter and just hated it. The grip is too small in my hands and the way you have to hold the grip just felt terrible. The rubber texture felt very good but the grip just felt too unnatural to me, regardless of it feeling too small in my hands. Gave up on this grip pretty quickly because it was just too thin for me and I have medium sized hands.

G-Pro 15" Max
Next I put the 15" Max on a counter balanced Cleveland 2135 8.0. The actual grip size is much better suited for my hands. When in the hands the texture feels very similar to a Super Stroke grip but more tacky - which for me is a good thing. However, the Max felt just as unnatural to use as the Ultimate. I still have not tried the 10" Max.

My initial thoughts on Garsen gips were not very good - perhaps the worst golf purchase I've ever made. However, after a couple hours of practicing with the Max it began to feel better, and the longer I practiced with it, the more I liked it. And now the grip actually feels good, and the putts are rolling consistently. The more I practice with it, the better I like it.

At this point I'm not sure if this grip is going into my bag, but I'm defiantly going to give this grip a fair shake based on the results I'm now seeing.

Quick Update

Quick Update

After a lengthy shipping delay (all due to USPS) my grips finally arrived on Monday. I ended up ordering the G-Pro Ultimate and the G-Pro 15" Max but to my surprise Bernerd Garsen threw in an additional 10" Max - THANKS Bernerd!!!

G-Pro Ultimate
I quickly blew the Ultimate on an old Ping Anser putter and just hated it. The grip is too small in my hands and the way you have to hold the grip just felt terrible. The rubber texture felt very good but the grip just felt too unnatural to me, regardless of it feeling too small in my hands. Gave up on this grip pretty quickly because it was just too thin for me and I have medium sized hands.

G-Pro 15" Max
Next I put the 15" Max on a counter balanced Cleveland 2135 8.0. The actual grip size is much better suited for my hands. When in the hands the texture feels very similar to a Super Stroke grip but more tacky - which for me is a good thing. However, the Max felt just as unnatural to use as the Ultimate. I still have not tried the 10" Max.

My initial thoughts on Garsen gips were not very good - perhaps the worst golf purchase I've ever made. However, after a couple hours of practicing with the Max it began to feel better, and the longer I practiced with it, the more I liked it. And now the grip actually feels good, and the putts are rolling consistently. The more I practice with it, the better I like it.

At this point I'm not sure if this grip is going into my bag, but I'm defiantly going to give this grip a fair shake based on the results I'm now seeing.

Just a quick update to the above...

G-Pro Ultimate
I'm still working with this grip and surprizingly it's starting to feel better in my hands. The Ultimate's size still feels too small but I am beginning to be VERY consistent with it. This I'm sure is because I've spent a lot of time practicing with the 10" & 15" Max Grips.

G-Pro 10" & 15" Max
I've installed the 11" on my Cleveland 2135 6.5 putter and continuing to use the 15" on my Cleveland 2135 CB 8.0. The more I work these grips the greater the feel and appreciation I have for them. The 10" works well with my non-counter balanced putters and the 15" does a nice job for the counter balanced putters.

What's uniquely different with my putting stroke when using any of the Garsen grips is my arm swing. Due to shape of the grips it forces your hands on the grip in such a way that it naturally positions your elbows closer to your body. This I find produces a freer pendulum swing and therefore reduces the occurrence of offline putts. I still get them on occasion but not as many.

Someone who is using the Garsen gips for the very first time will most likely not very feel comfortable with them. Just keep practicing and you will eventually become accustomed to them. I suspect that you will like the results.

Good info. It certainly takes a little time to get acclimated. I really like how it forces my shoulders into the correct position. I have a bad habit of my shoulder rounding forward, causing some serious issues with my stroke.

Good info. It certainly takes a little time to get acclimated. I really like how it forces my shoulders into the correct position. I have a bad habit of my shoulder rounding forward, causing some serious issues with my stroke.

Not sure about anyone else but it was slow for me. A good winter project. :)

I'm back to using my Garsen grip after 9 months with a jumbo Winn putter grip and am getting great results. I'm noticing smaller misses when I push or pull a putt. My plan is to play at least 15 rounds with the Garsen on my putter and see what it brings as I never really gave the Garsen a very long trial in the past.

I'm back to using my Garsen grip after 9 months with a jumbo Winn putter grip and am getting great results. I'm noticing smaller misses when I push or pull a putt. My plan is to play at least 15 rounds with the Garsen on my putter and see what it brings as I never really gave the Garsen a very long trial in the past.

Finding the same with respect to pushing and pulling putts. I have a tendency to roll my shoulders and the Garsen grip really does help improve my setup resulting in a natural pendulum swing. Let us know how you made out after completing your 15 rounds.

Jay Haas just told NBC after his round about how he's weakened his left hand which helps release the putter head.

Maybe Stenson needs to introduce him to Garsen!

Love the colors!
CinTHwGXAAEJ2m6.jpg

Glad they are sporting more colors. Very nice start.

Back