THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

Im sure everyone wants to win including me. If I'm selected win or lose I will have a good time and will do my best to represent both THP and True Temper because without either this awesome opportunity doesn't exist.

Im sure everyone wants to win including me. If I'm selected win or lose I will have a good time and will do my best to represent both THP and True Temper because without either this awesome opportunity doesn't exist.

Indeed dude, well said.

Here is a question for the potential players. We have been talking about being tied going into 18. However, the most difficult hole on the course is 16. Long dogleg left and even a good tee shot could leave you a long second into a difficult green with deep bunkers on the left and right. 17 is a mid difficulty par 5. With a good tee shot you can go for a smallish green in 2, but a creek bed in front and water left will make you think twice. If your pairing is giving strokes, they will be on 2 of the last 3 holes. Do you press early on the back to try and avoid the last 3 or if you are giving strokes are you looking forward to the last three to sneak out a win? I foresee a lot of matches being determined on the last three holes.

hole16.jpg
hole17.jpg

No doubt, the finishing holes at new Kent require more than good concentration if you want to finish strong lol, they picked a fantastic course that will have an epic finish.

Good idea, Jek Porkins. The victory ride home will be sweeter when shared with my teammates.

I think the "First" in "First Runners-up" has you confused.

And I know you needed Google to get my first name

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys have a solid captain and great core of golfers to make up this team. I expect some hard nosed golf out of you guys. Kevin is right, where there is a will there is a way!

Here is a question for the potential players. We have been talking about being tied going into 18. However, the most difficult hole on the course is 16. Long dogleg left and even a good tee shot could leave you a long second into a difficult green with deep bunkers on the left and right. 17 is a mid difficulty par 5. With a good tee shot you can go for a smallish green in 2, but a creek bed in front and water left will make you think twice. If your pairing is giving strokes, they will be on 2 of the last 3 holes. Do you press early on the back to try and avoid the last 3 or if you are giving strokes are you looking forward to the last three to sneak out a win? I foresee a lot of matches being determined on the last three holes.

hole16.jpg
hole17.jpg

i wouldn't press trying to get the match done by then. I'm playing the match one shot at a time and take what's there. When the risk is greater than the reward I am going to avoid trouble.

I learned a long time ago. I'm not good enough to stratagize. Thst may sound like I don't have confidence in myself. But quite the opposite.

I try to keep it simple, there are 18 tees and 18 greens. I can only play one at a time (cliche I know) but I just concentrate on getting my next shot to a safe landing area somewhere close to where I am aiming. Ha

So while it's fun to look at the holes in advance and dream of how we would play them, come the day of play, they all present one of 18 challenges.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I learned a long time ago. I'm not good enough to stratagize. Thst may sound like I don't have confidence in myself. But quite the opposite.

I try to keep it simple, there are 18 tees and 18 greens. I can only play one at a time (cliche I know) but I just concentrate on getting my next shot to a safe landing area somewhere close to where I am aiming. Ha

So while it's fun to look at the holes in advance and dream of how we would play them, come the day of play, they all present one of 18 challenges.

100% agree I am not going to be set in my mind how to play a hole or do something I think in the end it just makes you second guess yourself. It is always fun to see how people would play certain holes but I always wonder to myself if that person thinks about what happens when one of those shots does not go as planned. None of us will hit perfect shots all round

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Based on my count I'm seeing 21 hopefuls for the DMV Team.

That's great. Definitely going to be a tough ticket.

You guys have seen some numbers jump that is for sure.

Coming out of the woodwork, just hope those not selected hang around and get involved in other events and local gatherings.

hole16.jpg
hole17.jpg

Definitely playing one shot at a time. Just keep it in play and see what happens.

Looks like number 16 and 17 will take some shot execution while under pressure, I look forward to it if I'm selected. I know team DMV is gonna bring it regardless!

Handsome Devils too.

You guys can win the beauty contest I don't mind. Hope to see you all in your tiaras

Hahaha well I'm certainly a handicap for that beauty contest. But I'll certainly wear the tiara when handing out trophies to my guys and seeing one of them with the MVP honors.

You guys can win the beauty contest I don't mind. Hope to see you all in your tiaras

You sure you won't mind going home empty handed?

You sure you won't mind going home empty handed?

My hands know exactly what it is like to hold the trophy and will be doing so again so no worries on that. I was hopping the beauty contest would be a nice consolation prize for you guys :)

My hands know exactly what it is like to hold the trophy and will be doing so again so no worries on that. I was hopping the beauty contest would be a nice consolation prize for you guys :)

Make sure you've got a good grip on that trophy when your handing it to me. Seems only fitting that both you and JB have the honor of presenting. :)

Make sure you've got a good grip on that trophy when your handing it to me. Seems only fitting that both you and JB have the honor of presenting. :)
It would be an honor to present you with a trophy at another event ;)

I think there are like 5 for the Carolinas and just when I try to get out, they drag me back in!

I think there are like 5 for the Carolinas and just when I try to get out, they drag me back in!
I see you went to the Lou Holtz school of "woe is us" :D

I see you went to the Lou Holtz school of "woe is us" :D

Yup. Crocodile tears if I ever saw them.

Back