rozo22

Reaction score
Handicap
With each new launch the manufacturers offer pre-ordering for their new line. I always seem to find it a little odd that someone would pay the price for what a new club is without ever hitting it. Understand that sometimes shops have demo's and brand loyalty, etc. But I couldn't justify spending $ on a club that I've never hit, even if they are my preferred brand.

Anyone out there pre-order?

I never have but i could see myself pre ordering a White Hot RX VLine Fang

Same here :D

To the OPs point though, for irons, wedges and woods I wait until I can put my hands on them!

no difference to me than people pre-ordering phones.
I'm not a pre-order guy unless I have been able to test it. I pre-ordered the 1st gen Mashie, but I also got to test it 4 months prior to release.

Pre-ordered the Great Big Bertha without hitting it. Don't regret it at all. I can understand the hesitation, though.

Sometimes I have done foolish things, pre-ordering golf clubs is one of them. I don't do it very often but I would admit I have made the decision to take a chance based on hype and company reputation. It usually does not turn out well!!

The only club that I have ever pre ordered was my PM grind. I did not regret that one. If it was a larger purchase, i.e. an entire set of irons, then I would defiantly hit them before ordering.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am one of those people who play used clubs 1 or 2 years old.
Price alone deters me from pre-ordering since you are literally buying the club at it's peak price. (unless they offer some incentive but imo it's never enough)

Its no biggie to me, hell I just did it again the other day.

We are all different though.

I never have either on the equipment side, I have on some tech and accessory type things.

But I could see with a putter where it would be easier to make the plunge without hitting it.

I did just that about 10 minutes ago but since I already have 3 variations of the Odyssey #7, it's very likely that I will love the RX Fang.

I am not a pre order person but I could see some clubs like wedges, putters maybe driver that I would do it for.

With each new launch the manufacturers offer pre-ordering for their new line. I always seem to find it a little odd that someone would pay the price for what a new club is without ever hitting it. Understand that sometimes shops have demo's and brand loyalty, etc. But I couldn't justify spending $ on a club that I've never hit, even if they are my preferred brand.

Anyone out there pre-order?

I do it all the time. It is a rare sight when something I am interested in hitting is available in LH at any of the golf retailers for me to demo.

I preorder. I like to try a demo. But I have gone in sight unseen. Most of the time I have come out happy on the other side.

I preorder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Never done it. So many fascinating clubs are released I would have buyers remorse and I'm not in a position to swap clubs frequently.

no difference to me than people pre-ordering phones.

Based on how many bugs have been in recent roll-outs of the latest versions of smartphones, I would hope that pre-ordering clubs would be a much better experience.

I have not pre-ordered clubs, but I have purchased without having a chance to hit them first. My current set of irons are Ci7's and no one had them back when I was looking for them, so I bought a new set for a great price online. Turned out quite well for me.

John

I have never preordered a club, but I can understand why some would. Personally the only thing I would ever think of ordering without hitting is a putter.

I have never preordered. Usually like to fight that internal battle over a couple of demo sessions before pulling the trigger

I've pre-ordered 3 items (last year) and they were phenomenal and stayed in my bag to this day. Luckily, a lot of products have great reviews on THP that are often out before release. And luckily I've played golf with those reviewers and can interact with them in the forum and get their direct insight as it might pertain to my game.

I never preorder. Even if I don't hit something first, I want to see it in person before I commit.

I rarely buy new clubs at full retail. So it's a non issue for me really.

I can't imagine pre-ordering. Heck...I won't even buy something after hitting it in the store. I usually go back at least a couple of times to see if I really like it as much as I thought I did the first time. That has kept me from making some ill advised purchases.

I pre-ordered my CF16's but only after swinging the demo and getting fit just before the release date.

Back