The Best Sandwich

My vote is for the Big Nasty at McAlisters...open face roast beef drowned in gravy.

Every time I go there I say I am getting that and I never do. I need to try it.

Every time I go there I say I am getting that and I never do. I need to try it.

I don't know how many times I've gone and gotten French Dips, which are good too, but the Nasty blows it away.

I don't know how many times I've gone and gotten French Dips, which are good too, but the Nasty blows it away.

Hahha. That is what I get every time, is the French Dip.

I'm partial to Italian subs, so my vote would go for Lenny's Italian or Jersey Mike's. Both are very good. I must try Jersey Mike's Big Kahuna Philly though. I can never get by the Italian Sub when I go there.

The Best Sandwich

I gave this a ton of thought and could only come up with burgers, until.
c0247c9898de0fdc919ce68f114c6e8e.jpg
99ac21eb259880b0fbb81b105f59bb87.jpg

The California Club (lots of turkey, mesclun, shredded carrots, tomato, sliced cuke and honey Dijon vin. It's on a sweet and soft whole wheat roll.)
It's from a really local chain in my home town of Rockford Il.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just left Firehouse subs and I feel like the Smokehouse Beef and Cheddar Brisket is going to give the McAllisters French Dip a serious run for my favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reuben for me hands down. Try them pretty much anywhere I go but the best i have found is at a place called Savoy in Saginaw MI. Homeade bread, corned beef and dressing. only things they buy are the kraut and cheese.

BBQ Chicken Bahn Mi

Reuben for me hands down. Try them pretty much anywhere I go but the best i have found is at a place called Savoy in Saginaw MI. Homeade bread, corned beef and dressing. only things they buy are the kraut and cheese.

BBQ Chicken Bahn Mi

Read over the first post guys. There are some rules here :D

My bad. Well I guess if i have to go by that I am going with the Vito from jimmy Johns. about the only chain place I go for a sandwich.

Penny club from Mr goodscents

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Read over the first post guys. There are some rules here :D

Lee's Sandwiches has more than 50 locations

Wow this is tough but I'll go with the Rachael from Toojays deli. Piled high with corned beef and pastrami top with coleslaw and special sauce. Omg I'm drooling

Straight up Hot Pastrami on Rye from Toojays deli, just simple perfection

I'd love to participate more fully in this thread, but we have virtually none of the places that have been mentioned. JimmyJohns... not impressed with anything I've had there. Heard of Firehouse but never seen one. The rest are all unheard of in this part of the country.

The best I can come up with is CB & Potts (local chain of brew pubs with 7 locations in central Colorado). They have several very good sandwiches, but I think my favorite is the French Dip with pepper jack cheese and grilled onions. The great handcrafted beers that they offer really complement their food. They also have some awesome burgers.

Newk's club and vegetarian club!!! Even the shrimp po-boy is very good!!!

Back