Rory vs Rickie Under the Lights This Summer

Very interested to find out who the "celebrities" are going to be. Pretty sure Rory is friendly with MJ, that could be cool. Tony Romo is a really good player, as is Matt Ryan if they look at NFL players during the offseason. Really hope its not people like Chris Berman, Bill Murray etc. I saw enough of that last week at Pebble.

So from what I have heard from a guy at my work who is a member that attendance may be closed to DGC members and Quicken Loan employees.

I would love to watch this.

This is awesome! I have played here a handful of times and really liked the course. Hopefully Ill be able to get there to watch in person, however it will be interesting to see how they allow attendance with only really one group being followed. It seems that this would limit ticketing.

Agree with you that it will likely be limited ticketing. I'd guess it will go slightly beyond Quicken and DGC members though. Definitely some to the public and some to other connections etc.

What'd you want? Romo and Curry?

JT is ok if he can actually play to what he claims to be. Wahlberg greatly weakens the event in my opinion. He's gonna be getting strokes on like every hole. Romo has game, would have been a good fit.

Should be interesting to watch!

Including the celebs reduces my interest in the event.

I like it.

Wonder if Spieth got asked to play or not.

I love it. I'm not a huge fan of the celebrity aspect personally, but if this is going to attract more people to the event and to our sport I say go for it. I completely see the appeal for someone who doesn't normally watch golf on TV to watch something like this.

Mardy Fish would have been good.

I am so jacked for this. Get 'em Rickie!

This event is not going to happen, per the Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...fowler-exhibition-match-wont-go-off/82253354/

A bid to bring PGA Tour golf to southeast Michigan, in the form of an under-the-lights June exhibition involving Tour stars Rory McIlroy and Rickie Fowler, has failed.

Detroit Golf Club’s executives informed members Friday that the event, which had been targeted for June 7, was canceled when negotiations between the event’s sponsor, Quicken Loans, and the participants failed to reach a deal.

Read that earlier. Sounds like the appearance fees couldn't be agreed upon.

That sucks!!

That will be amazing to watch.,I will watch for sure

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

So who wanted more money and couldn't agree? Rickie wanted equal billing and money is my guess.

That or their agent said MI and they found out it was Detroit.

I'm really bummed that this isn't happening Anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back