Napoleon Dynamite.

That movie stinks. Period.
Couldn't make it through twenty minutes of it the first time then I tried again and thought it was hilarious.

Not sure if alcohol was involved.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Overrated: Avatar - its Fern freaking Gulley.

One I love that wasn't acclaimed: tie - Fifth Element and Pitch Black

Totally agree with Avatar

As to formula flicks pretty much any movie based on a comic-book. Now I'm seeing ads for Superman vs Batman. Really? Sounds like the Godzilla movies we used to make fun of. Speaking of Batman, how many restarts does one character deserve.

I think Hollywood has pretty much run out of ideas.

Overrated: Remember the Titans. I love sports movies, and everyone says that this one is a classic, but for me it is just over the top corny... (this coming from a guy who loves Rudy) not as bad as The Blind Side, but close. *ducks*

Underrated: Kung Fu Hustle... the movie has it all, and the only draw back is subtitles IMO. If you haven't seen it, and you want to be entertained, I highly recommend it.

Avatar was fun in the theater in 3d etc... but otherwise it's just craptastic, like you said 'Fern gully' or Dances with wolves in space

Avatar was great in the theatre. At the time, it was a 3D experience that have never been seen before.

Outside of 3D, yes. The move is pretty meh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Different strokes, I thought it sucked in theater in 3d too. It really is Fern Gully.

It's a Wonderful Life. It's just schmaltzy crap for me. Also Donny Darko, film school crap.

I also really like Ocean's 12. It's the weakest of that group, but I really enjoy that one.

Different strokes, I thought it sucked in theater in 3d too. It really is Fern Gully.

I thought it was a terribly trite story, poorly acted and so underwhelming. the 3D was cool, but not good enough to make it a good movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I finally started watching American Sniper and sorry guys, this is not that great.

I finally started watching American Sniper and sorry guys, this is not that great.
I think the filmography and the story is phenomenal.

The acting? Not so much.

I think the filmography and the story is phenomenal.

The acting? Not so much.

I'll agree. It's just too disjointed for my taste.

Titanic, never understood all the hype it got

Underrated for me was Memento with Guy Pierce. I really enjoyed the plot and storyline.

1. Anything will Ferrell I think he's terrible.

2. Anything of the evil dead series. Bruce Campbell is the man.

This makes me sad. Step Brothers and Old School are great...

This makes me sad. Step Brothers and Old School are great...

Those are exactly what came to mind when I saw that post!

There are a lot of "arty" films I like and no one seems to care for, but I'll focus on the big ones.

Mad Max: This movie confused the crap out of me, and not in a good way. It was 2 hours of wondering what the hell I was watching, followed by 2 days of wondering why the hell I watched it.
Braveheart: Mel Gibson says something along the lines of "We all die, the question is how and why". During Braveheart, my answer to those questions would likely be "suicide" and "because I can stand you, your acting and this ****** story".
Everything Lord of the Rings: I just don't like them.

Night at the Museum: It's not a great film, but I really enjoyed it.
The Counselor: This film got panned, and the story has some flaws, but I thought it was well crafted. The dialogues were good, and it was great to look at.
Freddy Got Fingered: This could be one of the worst movies ever made. The acting is terrible, the story is crap, and the movie lacks any form of good taste. If you haven't seen it, you're quite lucky actually. But I remember watching it 15 years ago with my friends, and we coulnd't stop laughing, and that's what it's all about.

LOTR, I honestly feel asleep IN the theater while watching this movie and I've NEVER done that before.

Recently, my wife wanted to watch "The Intern" with Anne Hathaway and Robert De Niro. I surprisingly enjoyed this movie. It's only got a 3 1/2 star review at best, but it was pretty good.

LOTR and Star Wars for me. Just cant do it. I gave both an honest try its just not my thing.

Tigerland is one of my favorite movies of all time and it gets zero mention. If you like war movies and specifically Vietnam war movies this one is a must see.

I just don't get the love of Rocky Horror.

I do love the original Roller Ball.

I agree with the latest Mad Max. Loved the originals, but despite the good reviews I read, I thought this was awful. It's right up there with some of my other biggest turkeys, Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull and A Good Day To Die Hard. See the pattern?!

I hate Tommy Boy, Dumb n Dumber, Ace Ventura's and movies like that which were all very popular.

"Bad" movies I like well there are probably too many to name but I can't think of any because I liked them all lol

Back