2016 Grandaddy Of Em All - We Want You

Read this quote earlier today and wanted to share it because I feel that it's somewhat relevant.

"Take care of yourself,
Take care of your teammates,
Take care of business."

Yourself- be in and be part of the event for all the right reasons (I am personally working on this). Don't just be about the swag, the glamour, the golf...be about the experience, the friendships, the fun, the excitement, the company, the thrill of a lifetime. Do the work, put forth the time and energy because you only get one shot (unless you're the luckiest person in the world and it has happened).

Teammates- don't be a d*** (working on this too). Be reliable, listen to your captain, be flexible and be willing to go outside your comfort zone, be respectful and supportive, and be thankful.

Business- work your tailfeather off to improve your all around game, not just your driving, your chipping or putting, because at The Hideaway (or any course for that matter) you're going to need to hit a variety of shots that you may or may not be comfortable with right now. Dig deep, practice, practice, practice, play, and play to your handicap (some confusion on mine right now but it'll be worked out soon enough).

Just to be there experiencing it with the awesomeness that is the ZooCrew and fellow THP team mates would be amazing for me, winning the belt would just be the icing on the already massive and amazing time.
To see how the ZooCrew and Matt at the Hideaway has treated you guys the last few years is nothing short of Unbelievable and out of this world, what i would give to experience something like that, it would definitely be life changing and one of the most best times of my life( i say one of because i have kids and a lovely wife which are at the top).

I have been playing good golf lately i feel and playing my second tournament this year already tomorrow. Once my wife and kids are back at school ill be practicing a lot more. Before work and after it. I reallllllllly want to be on Captain Dan's ship and cruise into the magic that is #TheGrandaddy this year.

Honest question for 2016 hopefuls.

What means more to you? Winning the belt or having the time of your life? And i know you can do both and i know most of you are probably going to answer both, but theres a reason i ask this.

Certainly a win would be sweet, but it's the experiences and the people you meet that you really think back on.

Look at the guys on losing ryder cup teams that still treasure the experience and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Most of the gear and swag will eventually wear out or no longer fit, but it's the little snapshots we keep in our heads that should be the most valuable.

Experience all the way.

Im ready!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What means more to you? Winning the belt or having the time of your life? And i know you can do both and i know most of you are probably going to answer both, but theres a reason i ask this.
It's a competition so winning would have to be the number 1 goal. That being said. The fact that you can have the experience of a lifetime, make new friends and do it all while being fit and given a complete set of some if the best equipment in golf is the Holy Grail. Having a S£!t load of fun and the time of your life win or loose is the ultimate bonus. But we still need to win this effing thing. JB needs that belt ASAP.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

To answer your question Phil, I'd take having fun all day over just winning the belt. You can have fun in victory or in defeat. Winning anything is fun, but who wants to be around a person who put all their focus into just winning that they overlooked all that was around them and missed everything else?

It's a competition so winning would have to be the number 1 goal. That being said. The fact that you can have the experience of a lifetime, make new friends and do it all while being fit and given a complete set of some if the best equipment in golf is the Holy Grail. Having a S£!t load of fun and the time of your life win or loose is the ultimate bonus. But we still need to win this effing thing. JB needs that belt ASAP.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Here's why I would disagree and maybe I'm wrong here but others can chime in on this.

I don't think it's a competition. I think it's a showcase. A showcase of the commitment THP has at making the impossible happen, a showcase of Callaway going above and beyond for the average joe consumer, a showcase to show why Zoo Crew is the best in the business and lastly a showcase to show why Hideaway is simply the most amazing and best facility in the world. The competition is thrown in there to help the 12 THPers form a bond to make that week long experience in Cali that much better. It's all for the event. It's all for the effing Grandaddy of em all

Here's why I would disagree and maybe I'm wrong here but others can chime in on this.

I don't think it's a competition. I think it's a showcase. A showcase of the commitment THP has at making the impossible happen, a showcase of Callaway going above and beyond for the average joe consumer, a showcase to show why Zoo Crew is the best in the business and lastly a showcase to show why Hideaway is simply the most amazing and best facility in the world. The competition is thrown in there to help the 12 THPers form a bond to make that week long experience in Cali that much better. It's all for the event. It's all for the effing Grandaddy of em all

I understand all that, but it IS a competition.

You can have a blast, and experience the time of your life, but imagine that AND winning that belt!!

Would I love to win? Who wouldnt. But I have spent enough time at THP events and with the Zoo Crew to know that the fun and the experience is firmly in the front seat.

Fun & friendship all day, every day.

The Grandaddy is an exhibition of how great golf can be, when awesome people get together to share an amazing time. Competition is a part of it, but the camaraderie between THP members and the ZooCrew, in my opinion, it perhaps the greatest prize of them all.

I spend more time over the course of a year following all things Grandaddy, than I probably spend watching the PGA. To me, it is golf's holy grail. An experience that even from afar puts a smile on my face every time when describing it to people.

Stumbled across these today...

DSC_0125_zps4shrbqj8.jpg

DSC_0124_zpsjqqviw7s.jpg

DSC_0123_zpsug8bb1gh.jpg

Dreaming of of these fairways.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Funny that this thread is bumped. I have a lot of stuff going on this year and my vacation time is at a premium.

However, my work rolled out a new HR system. Long story short, I have 5 unpaid days that I can take off so, The ulitimate effing golf experience is in play for me so I will DEFINITELY be throwing my hat into the ring for this because it's #TheGrandaddy and I'm freaking EXCITED! This is the year THP takes the belt!

Having fun is the name of the game. I get paid to do something else Mon-Fri so golf is about having fun and relaxing. The competition is a part of it and would be a huge motivator while out there, the belt would be the cherry on top.

Late to the party on this but, definitely the second one. Winning the belt would be great and it's something the forum rallies around, but it's the friendships and bonds formed as well as the memories that is what I would remember and cherish forever.

Having fun is definitely the most important. Any of us that aren't playing to a plus handicap don't really have any other choice :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to say winning would be the number 1 goal as I'm a super competitive individual. If there is a competition involved my goal is to win. I know that's not PC but I enjoy winning more than losing. That being said I'm sure this would be a blast no matter what the outcome is.

As much as I love seeing the pics of the Hideaway courses, I don't dare put them up as a background at work. Why?

I think it would be jinxing my chances, and I don't think I would get a lick of work done while staring at the gorgeous golf holes!

This event is life changing. Truly.

One may think they see the big picture, but there aren't enough words in the world to truly describe it.

Oh man, just this thread popping up makes you get the chills. Man Canadan has to be getting lonely.

Winning would be great PhillyV and that would be the goal, but hearing about how much fun is had and the experience of it all is what I would be focused on just as much. I've read too much about this event to know that's how you get the most out of it. :act-up:

Winning...the time of my life will fall into place along with ending callaways reign

Words cannot describe what you feel after this event is done. You can follow along with the live threads & read the recaps, but the experience is just on another level. I wish every single tho member could experience this one.

Back