Opinion: Paintfill color combos

Thrillbilly Jim

No Diddy! No Doubt!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
A Lotter
I could use y'alls opinion! Not sure how I want to repaint my irons? Let me know your ideas. My thoughts are to paint the Ben Hogan blue, the Stripe red, and the Forged white. Not sure on the loft numbers. I have included pictures of the grips, ferrules, paint, bag, and iron heads. Thank you for your ideas!

Looking forward
To seeing the finished product.

Sounds like a solid plan. I would personally go red on the loft numbers.

I agree with Sox on the red, make those bad boys pop!

Oh, and red grips.

I, too, am looking forward to seeing these after they're done; this may make me want to repaint mine too.

I like your plan. A lot. I would go red for the loft numbers and blue grips.

Thoughts?

Looks really damn good. Nice job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They look great to me.

Very nice. Are you trying to settle on one color for the loft numbers or sticking with what you got going now?

Those look fantastic. Well done

Very nice. Are you trying to settle on one color for the loft numbers or sticking with what you got going now?

Not sure. I finished all 10 iron heads. I really like them and I really dont! I liked them unpainted too! I think I'm going to keep the loft numbers alternating colors right now. Need to get them put together and finished. Then, see what they look like. To bad Lamkin doesn't make any white UTx grips!

Not sure. I finished all 10 iron heads. I really like them and I really dont! I liked them unpainted too! I think I'm going to keep the loft numbers alternating colors right now. Need to get them put together and finished. Then, see what they look like. To bad Lamkin doesn't make any white UTx grips!

I was gonna say alternating colors for loft, they look fantastic individually and collectively!

They look stellar....well done!

Good work and color choice. Any other stamping gonna happen or are you just painting?

Nice job on the paint fill! Look great!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Good work and color choice. Any other stamping gonna happen or are you just painting?

I'm not into the stamping thing! The 55* tk wedge has a small owl stamp on it. I hate it, but it was the only one I could find, in the best shape, to finish out the set.

Good choice! Paint could be smoothed out a little better but they look great!

Posted from 41,000ft at 622mph.
Smooth out? How? I think what you are seeing in the red and blue is the reflective/metallic part of the paint. I used a pearl red and blue.

It's possible. The 39 and the 35 look like you wiped them after they began to cure. But it's possibly an optical illusion

Posted from 41,000ft at 622mph.

Nice job Cobb!!

Back