2016 THP Kickoff Classic Sponsored By Kentwool

Plenty of light at 0700. I may just have to strap on the bag and walk down to the practice area, after eating a quart of Blue Bell for breakfast :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time change in bama

2016 THP Kickoff Classic Sponsored By Kentwool

Time change in bama

I'll putt in the dark. Probably wouldn't do any worse

Can't wait to get on these courses for a THP event. The RTJ Trail is some amazing golf and we are going to do them the right way with friends and comrades. Those of us that have played the trail before have been asking for a THP event to be held on it for some time. That time is Now! For first timers to the trail and first timers to a THP event you are going to be double blown away. There is nothing like a THP event and you will leave this one wanting to go to your next. Can't wait to tee it up with you all in one week!

Great stuff Barry and I am super excited for the first timers, they will certainly be double blown away. I love that! Of course we grizzly old veterans of THP events may just be double blown away too, I am counting on it anyway. I have my great grandson son here yesterday and today but he is leaving sometime around noon so I should be on the course this afternoon imagining I am playing next Saturday as I practice. See y'all in 6 days.

Last edited:
I'll putt in the dark. Probably wouldn't do any worse

Free putting lessons on the way from Atlanta to the course if you need it

af0eb7d8c5b1a31706d948550f2a94ef.jpg

This seems about right... But don't worry, 2nd place gets a nice consolation trophy? ...oh wait... Well don't worry Wool Warriors, at least you'll have some fantastic @kentwool socks and underwear to bring home... Unless Freddie and the Merino Marauders decide to take them from you too

Can't wait to get on that plane Friday morning! I may have to leave for the airport at 3:30 am but sleep is overrated anyway! A weekend with THPers is always something I look forward to. Less than a week!!!

f340523b28075d9a798920e30351e38a.jpg

Has anyone used the live scoring app yet? I may need a tutorial. Although somehow random folks have already added me as a friend?

This seems about right... But don't worry, 2nd place gets a nice consolation trophy ...oh wait... Well don't worry Wool Warriors, at least you'll have some fantastic @kentwool socks and underwear to bring home... Unless Freddie and the Merino Marauders decide to take them from you too

Can't wait to get on that plane Friday morning! I may have to leave for the airport at 3:30 am but sleep is overrated anyway! A weekend with THPers is always something I look forward to. Less than a week!!!

Has anyone used the live scoring app yet? I may need a tutorial. Although somehow random folks have already added me as a friend?

I have. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it, although I haven't figured out how to fix a score entered incorrectly on a hole.

One thing we may want to do as a group is edit our names in the app to include our forum names. I just added it as part of my first name.

I have. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it, although I haven't figured out how to fix a score entered incorrectly on a hole.

One thing we may want to do as a group is edit our names in the app to include our forum names. I just added it as part of my first name.

Cool. I'm sure they'll let us know how it should be done, but it's nice when some folks have working knowledge of it from actual use.

Cool. I'm sure they'll let us know how it should be done, but it's nice when some folks have working knowledge of it from actual use.

We get to be a test case to determine best practices

#THPKickoffClassic Daydreaming

Kentwool Socks
Kentwool Boxer Briefs
Grand National
THPer's

= Awesome Time

Even while looking at this...

82792637923d92f484f4425c89241e39.jpg

One week until...

I tried once and failed miserably, I need to give it another shot today or Monday.

The trail really is special and you are fight Barry. ,THP'rs are in for a treat and those that have been waiting and hoping for an event on the trail are finally getting one. This is going to be so much fun. It's just about here :bananadance:

This will be my first trip to any of the RTJ Trail courses and wouldn't want my initial experience to be any other was than with a bunch of awesome THPers!

This will be my first trip to any of the RTJ Trail courses and wouldn't want my initial experience to be any other was than with a bunch of awesome THPers!

Likewise my friend.

RTJ is/was on the bucket list and definitely makes it better tackling it with THPers.

Looking at the GameBook App it's going to be pretty awesome to use. Everyone in the event should make sure they sign up for it and put their handicap that they're using for the event in there it will make it that much easier to do the groups.

The amount of scoring options are incredible and tie in nicely with the format.

Likewise my friend.

RTJ is/was on the bucket list and definitely makes it better tackling it with THPers.

Looking at the GameBook App it's going to be pretty awesome to use. Everyone in the event should make sure they sign up for it and put their handicap that they're using for the event in there it will make it that much easier to do the groups.

You will have to give me the crash course for dummies on the GameBook App Friday!

First trip to the Trail as well. Made possible by THP!

It's officially one week a way!!! This time next week we will be waking up, still sleep, already dressed, at breakfast, looking for ice cream....what ever! This time next week we will be in Alabama at Grand National Golf on the RTJ Trail. Let that soak in for a minute!!!

I feel like a kid the day before school lets out! C'mon already!!!! This time next week you'll be slipping on the softest most comfortablest pair of socks you've ever played golf in! Kentwool makes my feet happy! Make a brother want to sing! One week boys, just one more week!!

Time change in bama

You're going to be doing all of that at 6am?

For you guys worried about using the Live Scoring app, I will be happy to help you guys out before this one kicks off.

Feel free to PM me, or to bomb questions my way before we tee off.

d@mn i wish i could have made this one work. stupid job. my in-laws said they're cutting lots of trees down right now in anticipation of this year's tournament, so you might see a little debris pushed off to the sides. it's probably a good thing so, as some of the holes will be more opened up.

can't wait to follow along!

I really wanted in this one since it is in Driving distance and lots of friends are in it, but was not lucky enough to make the cut. Certainly will be following along and cheering on my team of choice The Marauders, go Team Panda FTW!.

We will have an itinerary going out to everybody this week including information on the meet and greet.

This seems about right... But don't worry, 2nd place gets a nice consolation trophy ...oh wait... Well don't worry Wool Warriors, at least you'll have some fantastic @kentwool socks and underwear to bring home... Unless Freddie and the Merino Marauders decide to take them from you too

There's a test game at the top of the main screen you can input a fake round, gives you the feel of how it all works.

Likewise my friend.

With both you guys..It will be my first time on the RTJ Trail and I am beyond excited that I get to share it with THPers!!

GameBook has been downloaded. I can't wait to bust it out for the Kentwool Classic.

Dawgdaddy and I are ready to throw down with The Panda and 441.

Back