2016 Super Bowl Contest & Thread

If Black Lives Matter and the Black Panthers is not a political stance, I am not sure what is.
If a country singer went on stage and draped themselves in the confederate flag and said #WhiteLivesMatter people would be going ballistic.

People being up in arms about racism is kind of a big deal...Apparently only allowed from one side though. That is what is not about being too sensitive that is understanding that we are a country divided and needs fixing instead of a constant barrage saying PC only matters when it fits into a little box that agree with the sentiment.

Let me just add this, I do not support Beyonce's message, not in the least. I do agree with you that the trend is to cause a divide and then exploit the divide for personal gain.

I dont disagree at all. However with that said, you have to be able to take the criticism when it comes and there really is no defense to it. One can argue that she should say it, or even believe it, but to pretend it didnt happen or people are reading too much into it, is crazy talk.
We agree on this... if the whole point of the performance or gesture is to spread awareness and displeasure against said issue, don't feign ignorance the next day... own it, and get a conversation started on why you think it's a problem bug enough to make such a pointed statment. I have no problem with any of it, other than the angle in which this particular issue is being framed

We agree on this... if the whole point of the performance or gesture is to spread awareness and displeasure against said issue, don't feign ignorance the next day... own it, and get a conversation started on why you think it's a problem bug enough to make such a pointed statment. I have no problem with any of it, other than the angle in which this particular issue is being framed

Me neither. I just happen to have an issue with the results should the reverse happen which was outlined above.
Then again, I am not convinced one can feign ignorance in this instance, or if they are just ignorant.

No, this doesn't change how I feel about Cam walking out, in fact I think it makes it worse.

http://www.theradicals.com/here-is-...ed-out-of-his-super-bowl-post-game-interview/

Apparently, Cam heard the Broncos saying that the gameplan was to make Cam throw the ball. So Cam got sand in his vajayjay and left.
I agree, it doesn't excuse it at all. Does make it make more sense though.

He was dejected and disappointed with himself for his performance. He became more disappointed and handled it really freaking poorly. Hopefully he learns from it.

Im a Homer, won't ever deny it. It was a terrible look for it and I don't blame his detractors for pointing fingers at him over it. I don't see it as a huge deal, I see a dude who won every championship game he had ever been in, struggling after the biggest disappointment of his life. He handled that disappointment poorly. He didn't blame his lineman or receivers, he didn't cuss out the reporters. I hope he learns from it and does better the next time he is faced with defeat.

Oh, now we agree. What is also disgusting, the NFL charges the US Military for every pregame support our troops ceremony. The US Government, our tax dollars, went to the NFL for the right to honor servicemen and women.

To that point, in at least some of those cases they were approached with the promises of money by the DoD for those ceremonies. Which is equally ridiculous, but for slightly different reasons.

what did you guys think about Mannings ... im going to go drink some Budweiser comment. It really seemed like he was trying to say it un- naturally. On top of that i dont think of payton as a guy that drinks budweiser or someone i would want to party with.

I got the feeling he thought his knee was going to destroyed by 2 linemen and made a "career decision". Looks bad that he didn't go for the ball.

Seeing the replay, I kind of feel the same way. He did get on the ground to go after the ball after it was "safe". Had that ball not been knocked out of his hand it likely wouldn't have been caught. He was throwing it as hard as he could. You could tell from the movement of his arm. He was bombing it.

No, this doesn't change how I feel about Cam walking out, in fact I think it makes it worse.

http://www.theradicals.com/here-is-...ed-out-of-his-super-bowl-post-game-interview/

Apparently, Cam heard the Broncos saying that the gameplan was to make Cam throw the ball. So Cam got sand in his vajayjay and left.
The Panthers were the number 1 rushing team in the league. Of course the opposing D's strategy should be to stop the run and make the QB throw the ball. Duh. What a dumba** for getting upset over that.

I think it's a joke the league allows racially driven activism during a halftime show, yet won't let one of their players wear pink to honour his Mom and a genuine cause for the entire season.

Get a ****ing clue, NFL.

I'll never understand why a sporting arena of any sort gets used as a platform for arts or politics.

Its is a football field, where grown men tackle each other playing a game.

What was the final tally on who picked the game? As in how many Bronco Picks and how many Panther picks?

I got the feeling he thought his knee was going to destroyed by 2 linemen and made a "career decision". Looks bad that he didn't go for the ball.

He effed up by trying to pick the ball up. There's one correct (as in how it's taught in drills) way to recover a fumble and bending down to pick it up isn't it. Especially in the box with 300lb bodies flying toward the loose ball.

Meh not worth it.
Sorry.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You know what else would have saved his knee from getting destroyed? Diving in there head first like a champion.

Winners want the ball when the game is on the line.

23lzbqg.jpg

So even the Broncos knew Cam couldn't beat you with his arm...weird. Some of us were crucified for saying Cam couldn't win the big game with his arm alone

The Panthers were the number 1 rushing team in the league. Of course the opposing D's strategy should be to stop the run and make the QB throw the ball. Duh. What a dumba** for getting upset over that.

The Bills were actually the #1 rushing team in the league (152.0 ypg), Carolina was #2 (142.6).

Who won contest?

Glad I took Denver......got a chance!

Glad I took Denver......got a chance!

I didn't have the courage to count how many people picked them, must be around 400

I am in the running for this one...glad I chose Denver FTW.

mpeterson quoted my post announcing "Carolina wins big" and responded he's taking Denver, so I hope he wins...

Back