How's it going everyone

radiman

#TheGrandaddy2019
Reaction score
Handicap
I have been a member for about 6 years and lurked for a while over the years. Just getting back to the site and decided to get involved beyond just reading other posts. I live in the Fargo-Moorhead area (on the MN side) and we are currently in a blizzard warning. I have an evening of snow blowing and shoveling ahead of me. So, getting my golf fix in times like this are me browsing golf forums and swinging a club in my living room (don't tell my wife!). I may or may not have taken out a light fixture or two doing so. So, I have to spend more time on the forums and less time picking glass out of the carpet :)

I have been golfing since I was 15 (27 years now). I am a 3.6 handicap who's game fluctuates on a regular basis. Each year seems to present new challenges to my game. One year, I will drive the ball beautifully, and the next will see my striping my irons but struggling to get off the tee. This year presents a new challenge as I found that I have a bulging disc and arthritis in my facet joints of my back. I am attempting to dedicate some time to rehab and strengthen my core to alleviate some of those struggles. So, for the next 3-4 months, I will see myself spending a lot of time in the gym and playing a little bit of simulator golf when time allows.

I look forward to partaking in the community discussions and will do my best to share information where I can help other members. If you see me asking a lot of questions, a lot of times, it is due to the lack of fitting/demo options locally. I have to heavily rely on others reviews to make a lot of my decisions. Also, if any members are in the area, I am always looking for new faces to play with. Hit me up!

Welcome back! Looking forward to you joining the discussions. The Northern winters are what got me more active in the community too.

Welcome back! Looking forward to you joining the discussions. The Northern winters are what got me more active in the community too.

Thanks! I have been lobbying my wife to move to Texas (or any warmer climate for that matter). But, apparently my golf game isn't a good enough reason to uproot our family she says.

I think @KEV and @Puttin4Bird live near you. Not really they are way down near the equator in S. Dakota.

Welcome back.

I think @KEV and @Puttin4Bird live near you. Not really they are way down near the equator in S. Dakota.

Lol. Does it even snow way down there?

Now that winter has arrived golf isn't possible in my area. But what I have done during the 2018 golf season will hopefully enable me to get off to a decent start once the 2019 golf season arrives. Each and every time I play a round of golf I journal thoughts in a notebook on what sort of things helped me to produce good shots. I write down notes about my lining up for shots, about what sort of stance I was in to make certain shots, about having a bit of lag at the top of my back swing. Other thoughts are about grip, transfer of weight from my right to left side on downswing, proper posture, and even ball placement and tee height among other things.

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome aboard! Puttin4bird and I are down here in Sioux Falls so we can definitely relate to the frustration of not getting to play. I don't really ever make it up to Fargo but if you're ever in the area hit me up and I'd definitely be up for a round of golf with you.

Do you know if Fargo has an Austads store? They are pretty decent here with their either selection but not sure what they're like in other cities.

I'm just happy JB has finally found a person actually from Fargo!

Welcome back. Fargo? Great flick. Impressive cap living on the tundra! FWIW my wife won't move either.

Welcome aboard! Puttin4bird and I are down here in Sioux Falls so we can definitely relate to the frustration of not getting to play. I don't really ever make it up to Fargo but if you're ever in the area hit me up and I'd definitely be up for a round of golf with you.

Do you know if Fargo has an Austads store? They are pretty decent here with their either selection but not sure what they're like in other cities.

I'm just happy JB has finally found a person actually from Fargo!

Thanks man. I don't get down there often myself, but will reach out if I do.

I am very familiar with Austads. They probably roll their eyes every time I walk in :) They have a pretty good selection of stock items and pretty good employees. From what I understand, the Sioux Falls location has a pretty extensive fitting area now. I was talking with the store manager here and he says he is lobbying to get something similar here. We really don't have a true fitter in the area. Our other option is Scheels, but their inventory is pretty light on some items. For instance, they don't have any of the Sub zero rogues and they stock nothing in x-stiff.

Welcome Back!!

I don't know how you guys handle winter and all of that snow... Occasional rain keeping me from playing is difficult enough.

Welcome back!

Welcome to thp! Some great THPers in the dakotas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP!

Back