Looking for an indoor golf mat.

jjfcpa

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm looking for an indoor golf mat that will sit on top of cement, so I'd like it to absorb some of the impact from the club hitting the mat and then reverberating up from the cement.

The one I have just doesn't seem to work very well and I think it's starting to hurt my back. Perhaps I should be using a small tee so that I'm not impacting with the mat so much?

I bought Country Club mat seconds off of ebay and put them on top of a driving range mat I had. Much better impact wise. I have hit 60 balls in a session without any pain whatsoever.

I bought Country Club mat seconds off of ebay and put them on top of a driving range mat I had. Much better impact wise. I have hit 60 balls in a session without any pain whatsoever.

I’ve used Country Club Elite mats for a while and have had good results. I’d guess not may will be perfect off concrete but CCE has been solid

You could get a piece of old carpet to sit under the Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I scored mine from the local range. They had replaced the old ones a year or so ago and they happen to have to old ones in the shed. They were in pretty good shape still. Maybe your local range has some laying around ready for your yard...

That's a great suggestion. I have a putting mat that is about a 1/2 inch think that I don't use that I can cut and put under my mat to make it thicker and reduce impact.

That's a great suggestion. I have a putting mat that is about a 1/2 inch think that I don't use that I can cut and put under my mat to make it thicker and reduce impact.

Great idea. I’ve also used yoga mats under my mats to add more cushioning and it helped a bit.

Anyone seen a mat that simulates the ball sitting in grass. The one I have has the ball sitting on top (very firm) and so you are always making contact with the mat which does not allow the club to penetrate it. Rather harsh.

I have a Fiberbuilt mat in my garage and no pain at all from hitting. They are pricey but worth it if you like your wrists and elbows.

I am on the golf simulator forum on taptalk. What some of the guys have done is buy finer built 1'x4' pieces and cut them into other mats to hit off so the dont get pain from hitting off of concrete.

I picked up a used mat from my local range and cut it out to hold my optishot2 with a jagmanjoe xl turf top. I used 2 packs of the rubber floor mats from harbor freight (less that $8 with coupons) to bring the mat it level with the top of the optishot.
c85fa6773e10dbdb7b7b8e34e82472cd.jpg

Back