Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hitting a 9.5 with the Fuji Pro 63 in stiff and getting 14* of launch and 1900 rpm spin.
Decent... I guess. :banana:

Up here.... $144, and GolfTown doesn't have any in RH 58* online.

$144 CAD = $103.48 USD which is not that unreasonable in Canada.

Looks like the 58˚ is only presently available with the graphite shaft. Typically Cleveland drop ships within 2 - 3 business days but it's been about a week and a half now for my (graphite) 42˚ & 58˚. The GT disclaimer states that it ships between 1 - 2 weeks. As you know getting any golf related items in Canada is unpleasant to put it politely.

I was hitting a 9.5 with the Fuji Pro 63 in stiff and getting 14* of launch and 1900 rpm spin.

When you mis-hit one, where did that spin go?
That is pretty darn low for a low ball hitter like yourself.

M2 destroyed the field in my little driver shootout this morning. The launch was up and spin was down compared to everything I put it against.

I need.

So new plan. I tried the M2. Crap.
So it's good?
It feels better then M1 and it's more forgiving. Plus it sounds a lot better. I don't put much faith in simulators but it was almost 10-20 yards longer then G, XR16 and DBD816 when I was testing.
Damn that's impressive
Wow. Low spin! How were ball speeds? I need to hit this I guess lol

$144 CAD = $103.48 USD which is not that unreasonable in Canada.

Looks like the 58˚ is only presently available with the graphite shaft. Typically Cleveland drop ships within 2 - 3 business days but it's been about a week and a half now for my (graphite) 42˚ & 58˚. The GT disclaimer states that it ships between 1 - 2 weeks. As you know getting any golf related items in Canada is unpleasant to put it politely.

I'm moreso debating if I go with the stock graphite, or get it in Recoil to match my set, or something else. Probably just end up buying direct from Cleveland.

When you mis-hit one, where did that spin go?
That is pretty darn low for a low ball hitter like yourself.

mishits were closer to 1500.

Sheesus that's low spin overall. I'm not sure I could get one airborne now.

I want a set of blades. I've never wanted a set but in the last couple of weeks I have a desire to get a set. I'm nuts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'd like to the the XR 16 and M2. Also the new G driver (sf tec likely) and fairways. Really feeling behind on my knowledge bank for the year with the newer releases. I need to rectify that.

A new day and M2 is still on my mind. The numbers were so fantastic I'm not comfortable posting them online.

I've got Apex CF16, Mizuno JPX850 forged or Srixon Z545 irons on the mind.

A new day and M2 is still on my mind. The numbers were so fantastic I'm not comfortable posting them online.

For me personally, the GBB just edged it but I can see why there is a lot of interest in the M2 after hitting it a couple days ago...

Got the Srixons in my bag and haven't hit the others, so I guess I am slightly biased but they are great irons

Of the three, there was a noticeable difference in forgiveness on thin shots between the 545/Apex and the 850 for me. Not sure what your miss is, but if you tend to hit it a groove or two low, the JPX is more punishing than the others.

All fantastic irons though.

I'd like to the the XR 16 and M2. Also the new G driver (sf tec likely) and fairways. Really feeling behind on my knowledge bank for the year with the newer releases. I need to rectify that.
The XR 16 still runs through my mind. That driver was too easy to hit.

It is too early in the year for me to get the itch to play and buy new equipment. I am in full ponder mode at the moment however. I want a smaller hybrid (likely Apex or the new Ben Hogan) as well as wedges. I also need to get my hands on a heavenwood.

It is too early in the year for me to get the itch to play and buy new equipment. I am in full ponder mode at the moment however. I want a smaller hybrid (likely Apex or the new Ben Hogan) as well as wedges. I also need to get my hands on a heavenwood.
Wedges are high on my ponder list, as well.

But, I always want new wedges.

Of the three, there was a noticeable difference in forgiveness on thin shots between the 545/Apex and the 850 for me. Not sure what your miss is, but if you tend to hit it a groove or two low, the JPX is more punishing than the others.

All fantastic irons though.

I really appreciate the feedback. I've been digging through old threads and that definitely seems to be the common feedback on the 850. That is definitely a common miss for me so I think I'm going to throw those out of the mix. It's crazy how much feedback there is in these old threads, such good stuff.

1000 times apex.

Oh, hey, Toulon ponder here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back