Reminiscing on 2018

2018 was generally a crap year for me with the loss of my dad in March, but a couple of good things were

1 - Our annual UK gathering, which happened at a point when I was still struggling to come to terms with our loss, and being with that group helped me have a good weekend and push the pain aside for a while - it was very much needed

2 - It is still in progress, but after a few interviews during the year, finally getting a call to offer me a new job has meant that I can look forward to a new start in 2019. I don't have an official start date yet, but the wheels are in motion, so I am just waiting for that call or email with the details and I can officially hand my notice in at my current employer

From a golf perspective, undoubtedly, #TheGrandaddy was the highlight of the year and my lifetime. Getting to meet and know my teammates on Team THP, meeting and enjoying the enthusiasm and graciousness of every one of the ZooCrew, the swag, the fittings, the bag and clubs, getting to play on two of the most beautiful and pristine golf courses at The Hideaway - nothing in this world can compare to the experience! Every. Last. Second.

On a personal level, it was getting the good news earlier this year that two "markers" at the cell level used as prognosticators for a disease I was diagnosed with prior to my first knee replacement have changed and are now very favorable. Prior to this year those prognosticators were "mixed".

Nothing particularoy exciting in my personal life for 2018. Golf related got my first hole out eagle (and only 2nd overall)

2019 will be bigger and badder, looking to sell condo+buy house, wife wants to get preggers, maybe pay off a loan if I can haha oh and might save 15% switching to Geico

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

We always enjoy our summer family vacation with friends to Gull Lake Minnesota but this year it was special because everyone stayed at our recently completed lake home. I started vacationing at that lake when I was 5 and since my wife and I got married 24 years ago we’ve always dreamed of a vacation/retirement home there. This year some good friends that we’ve known for 20+ years came for 9 days and brought their kids who all grew up together. Three of the families were neighbors of ours in California the last 2 decades. It was a lot of boating, golf, sun, and laughs and will be repeated again with the same group this July!

78a1259f399378d9a143a09e9ba785dd.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back