2016 Masters Thread & Contest - Amazing Prize

Speaking of the golf gods - I read this article before Saturday's matchup with Spieth and Rory in which Rory was quoted as follows:

Rory McIlroy believes the Masters "owes" him a green jacket to complete the career grand slam after setting up a mouthwatering battle with defending champion Jordan Spieth.

McIlroy could have won his first major title at Augusta National when he took a four-shot lead into the final round in 2011, only to collapse to a closing 80 to finish 10 shots behind the winner Charl Schwartzel
..."I sort of feel that Augusta owes me something and I have come with that attitude," McIlroy told RTE after a second round of 71 in swirling winds left him just a shot behind Spieth, who struggled to a 74. "I have come here to get something that I should have had a long time ago."

Daring the golf gods like that (especially at Augusta) seems like a bad idea.

The only thing you "owe" in life is taxes

True story...a good friend of mine was late to the party with entering his office player select pool for the Masters. His office crew decided to let him in but he only had the remaining players to choose from...he took Willett, and won!

Congrats Cookie!!!!

The let down after the Masters week is almost as bad as post THP event blues.

The good news is we have Cup signup, Club Clash and Grandaddy selections coming...And oh yeah, some killer stuff coming on the forum too.

I was pretty much going to post the same thing in the Rant thread.

I'm so glad Club Clash is this weekend, while the Heritage is a nice little tournament, I'll be much more interested in the going's on at Hammock Beach Resort.

Congrats Cookie!

Congrats Cookie!

Congrats Cookie!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danny Willet's brother probably picked up more twitter followers in 2 hours than anyone in the history of the site.

Congrats cookie

Congrats Cookie!

Congrats Cookie.. You must have done a double take when Spieth blew up!!!!
Danny W put up quite the round.

Congrats Cookie!

Congrats Cookie!

Congrats Cookie! Willet for the win!

Congrats Cookie!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It was tough rooting against Jordan yesterday on the back 9 since I had Willett in this contest. And I'm glad I didn't watch any of the post round garbage after seeing the interview with Jordan. Strong young man that let one get away yesterday. He will be back without question...and he will learn from this - likely more than we've seen anyone else ever learn after having one get away.

And here I am this morning and I keep reading over the first post in this thread....unbelievable.

Congrats Cookie!

Awesome pick and win Cookie. Congrats and enjoy that prize!

Congrats cookie!
Also, my boss brought me back a pretty sweet souvenir

60996b842974613533e296a6d3ae23b8.jpg

It's as big as Texas and almost epic as that grand prize. Your an AC member right?!?!

LOL, yes - well worth the AC investment! haha

Congrats Cookie! It will surely be an amazing trip for you!

Nicely done Cookie

Back