Reminiscing on 2018

obedt

Reaction score
Handicap
Creciendo
Trying to end the year on a happy note- if you could pick one particular moment or experience as your favorite, what would that be?

For me, I think it would be taking my fam to Disney right after the UTT event. Despite my kid not quite being 3, she had a great time and keeps asking about us going back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always hate having to go see the doc that treated my cancer, but having him tell me on the last visit that he is confident its gone since my PSA continues to drop was the best news ever for me. Always move forward.

Hearing the words "You're cured" come out of my doctor's mouth take the cake by a mile.

The Grandaddy 2018. All of it. Every. Last. Second.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reminiscing on 2018

Here’s a few for me:
The Orlando trip with a lot of THP forum members was a blast. Got to put a lot of faces to names and playing Bay Hill with many from this group was bucket list material.

Fantasy football was a lot of fun with League 1 especially going undefeated for a while with several no names on the roster. The banter going back and forth throughout was a trip!

The 60 second heart palpitations for the Round 2 of THP grab bags was hilarious and frightening at the same time!! Glad I scored one!!

Participating with Team 2 and winning the 2018 weight loss challenge was rewarding on many levels especially the bond our group forged for a few months.

Being chosen to review the new Ping Anser was so good!!! It’s a great putter and being able to post reviews about it in the forum for the first time was a great experience.

Last but not least: the Secret Santa event. The generosity of this forum is mind blowing and to see all the great reactions during reveals was off the charts!!

Hope you all had as much fun as I did!!

The Orlando trip with a lot of THP forum members was a blast. Got to put a lot of faces to names and playing Bay Hill with many from this group was bucket list material.

Such a great trip, had a blast hanging out with everyone.

Getting the phone call that I got the job. I went from being professionally miserable to professionally ecstatic in minutes. Changed mine and my family's lives.

Nothing beats those of you or your loved ones who've overcome illness though, I'm happy for you all.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

As much fun as I had at the THP Championship - a.k.a. SwelterFest 2018 - having bariatric surgery on October 17th was the highlight of my year. It's something I should have done a long, long time ago.

2018 was a crappy year, I'm glad to see it go, and I won't elaborate here. But two things stand out:

Seeing our grandson, son, and DIL grow individually and as a family past his first birthday.

Getting the M4 irons from THP for a long-term test. They are astonishingly good irons for me, and I've had a blast playing and writing about them.

Welcoming our son into the world in January. It was a long time coming, ups and downs along the way, and worth every second!

He lights up our lives every single day, and is our absolute world!

2c2c73757633e0c0ed9601e150647a7f.jpg

My trip to the Wilson Staff Proto this year is at the top of the list. My wife and I went to Yellowstone this year, but the Proto was tops. Just talking to the guys in R&D was awesome. Having Tim Clarke there was an added bonus. Everyone from Wilson Golf were fantastic. It was a great trip and something I will treasure forever.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

In somewhat chronological order:
Joining THP, winning the first contest of the year, winning the golden ticket (despite not really knowing what that meant), attending my first THP event, meeting some great THP brothers at the event, learning after 14 years of marriage that we were expecting at the event, moving to our new facility at work, relative good health all year for me & my family & friends, hearing my little guy's heartbeat for the first time, seeing the first profile ultrasound, shooting a string of low 80's at my home course, each new ultrasound that showed a healthy baby, a baby that came two weeks early and was fully healthy. Funny how getting that call at the Cleveland event aptly named "The Game Changer" truly changed the game for this guy. My entire year has revolved around THP, golf and this kiddo. I hope 2019 is more of the same!! Happy New Years THP!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Being able to take my dad, brother, and cousin to The Masters and get them on the Callaway truck before we got on the grounds on Wednesday (thanks to YoAJ for telling me where it was, Kevin for letting us on, and Sean, Harry, and Chip for letting me briefly interrupt their meeting)

My granddaughter being born. Here with her dad.

0a00813252382f25d0f01c3d40bae20f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

When the ER doctor told me the brain images came back clean, no signs of abnormalities.

My son's graduation from the NC State School of Engineering in May and all the family and friends who came to celebrate with him.

He started his new career a couple of weeks later, sky's the limit.

THP - Getting to spend a weekend I really needed with THPers and the Odyssey golf crew at a really cool venue at Haig Point.

Non-THP - I got to take my family on three different and great trips. Universal Orlando for my crew of Potterites paired with a great few days at the beach, Washington DC for kids who got it and wanted to see and understand the basics of our government, and a quick few days this week down in Mobile, AL. It has been a tough year with me traveling so much, but the kids and my wife have managed it with very little negative effects.

Did he happen to sleep in a Holiday Inn Express the night before?
I can laugh about it now but that was one freaking scary day. I thought it was my time to start pushing up daisies.

The Grandaddy 2018. The entire thing, but especially hanging out In dacatalyst41’s room Thursday night.

Easily The Grandaddy. It's been a challenging year and that event made everything better and blessed me with 12 new Brothers plus a Callaway family.

Easily The Grandaddy. It's been a challenging year and that event made everything better and blessed me with 12 new Brothers plus a Callaway family.

Does this mean we get to call Finley “Uncle Jason”now?

2018 has been good to me. Finally getting to resume the career I put on hold when I left the U.K. 6 years ago has been a big deal to me and the family. And then getting to spend Christmas back home with friends and family was a great way to close out a good year.

Back