Movies about golf

Movies about golf

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bagger Vance, Greatest Game, Tin Cup. Caddyshack comes in a very close 4th. Dead Solid Perfect was a funner read for me than the movie.

... I hated Tin Cup the first time I saw. That tournament is not even a local Web.com tour level tournament let alone a US Open, so I was extremely disappointed as the previews made it seem like an accurate golf movie. But swing it a second time knowing it was a Buddy/Romance movie with some fun golf stuff, I enjoyed it much more. And after multiple viewings it became my favorite. Just a ton of fun with a great cast that isn't stupid humor like Caddyshack, but a nice blend of seriousness with plenty of comedic relief. And before I get inundated with outrage concerning Caddyshack, I recognize it is a great stupid humor movie, I am just not a fan of that kind of dumb and dumber humor.

My favorite scene from Happy Gilmore

How about going back even before this OldeDude's time, Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin in The Caddy from the early 50's. Not that it would make my top three, but it was a fun movie.

Depends entirely on my mood. As my love for golf has grown, I've really come to appreciate movies centered around historical golf figures. But always love a good, light-hearted comedy too. Based on those distinctions, my lists:

Historical
1. Greatest Game (Varden)
2. Tommy's Honour (Old Tom/Young Tom)
3. Seve the Movie

Comedy/Pure Fiction

1. Caddyshack
2. Happy Gilmore
3. Tin Cup

Caddyshack is comedy. Bill Murray, Rodney Dangerfield and others provide tons of scenes to give you lots of laughs.

I get that it's supposed to be funny. I just don't think it is. I can't stand Chevy Chase. I love Bill Murray though.

1. The Greatest Game
2. Bagger Vance
3. (Tie) Babe
3. (Tie) Pat and Mike

Ok. I like old movies. LoL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I could go with Caddyshack in all 3 spots but he we go:

1. Caddyshack
2. Happy Gilmore
3. Bagger Vance

Caddyshack
Tin Cup
Seve

The greatest game ever played,bagger Vance and happy Gilmore in that order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They made a “Dead Solid Perfect “ movie ? I loved that book (my all time favorite golf novel - although I realize it’s about as far from politically correct as you can get; not sure if it has aged well)

I love the camera work in “The greatest game ever played”. Some really cool ideas on how to show what the players saw or focused on. (Also another great book!)

Yes and Randy Quad played Kenny Lee (before Randy was crazy)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can honestly say I have not watched any of those films in the list from start to finish and have no intention of ever watching them, especially Caddyshack! I think I have seen about 15mins of that film in total and every time I thought it was an absolute waste of time

The only film I have any intention to watch is 'Seve'

I can honestly say I have not watched any of those films in the list from start to finish and have no intention of ever watching them, especially Caddyshack! I think I have seen about 15mins of that film in total and every time I thought it was an absolute waste of time

The only film I have any intention to watch is 'Seve'

The greatest game and Tommy’s honor are both ok. Well the book Tommy’s Honor was really good, haven’t seen the movie yet.

Is there a thread for golf documentaries or other such videos? Do you guys have any you could recommend? Anything 30/30 style or such. Netflix has a decent series called Chronicles of a Champion golfer.

I am liking this series from the pga on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w_UYZUbknI (johnny milller in this one but there are a bunch)

They made a “Dead Solid Perfect “ movie ? I loved that book (my all time favorite golf novel - although I realize it’s about as far from politically correct as you can get; not sure if it has aged well)

I love the camera work in “The greatest game ever played”. Some really cool ideas on how to show what the players saw or focused on. (Also another great book!)
I was suprised to see Bill Paxton diirected that.

Back