St. Louis, MO THP Outing - Gateway National April 16, 2016

wubears71

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
8.1 GHIN
We have 3 4-somes reserved at Gateway National in Madison, IL (Just across the river from downtown St. Louis) on April 16. I have 3 tee times reserved right now 11:03, 11:12 and 11:21. The cost is $59.50/round.

The course should be in pristine condition as it looks pretty dang good now being February. The grounds crew also just finished burning the native grass to restore it back to it's original looks without all the weeds.
4613.jpg

http://gatewaynational.com/

Here is the official format -

• 2 Man teams
  • Everyone Plays his own ball from tee to green.
  • Best Net score of Team is the score for the hole.
    • Net = Gross - Handicap strokes for this hole.
    • Team Net = Lowest Net score between player 1 and player 2.
  • We will be playing from the whites.
  • Prize for 1st place and last place.
  • Long Drive on Hole 3.
  • Closest to the Pin on Hole 12.
  • Longest Putt on Hole 9.
  • All Handicaps will be rounded up. So, if you are a 15.1 you will get 16 strokes.
  • Max score per hole - Triple Bogey.

Here are the participants with Handicaps -

• wubears71 - 7.5
  • 5150 - 15.7
  • Daddio - 16.4
  • so-illhacker - 15
  • LSMO - 5.6
  • hammer84 - 9.9
  • Hunter57 - 8
  • Zenger - 4.7
  • Zenger guest 1 - 9
  • mr3putt - 6

Here are the teams and Tee Times:

• 11:03
    • Team 1 - Zenger and Zenger Guest
    • Team 2 - wubears71
  • 11:12
    • Team 3 - 5150 and Daddio
    • Team 4 - mr3Putt and so-illhacker
  • 11:21
    • Team 5 - Hunter57 and LSMO

Last edited:
I'm in... looking forward to it.

We should pick a format. 2-man scramble could be fun. I'm open to anything really.

If we are going to do a format I suggest a 2 man shamble since errant tee shots will usually end up in the native grass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah; I've been in that native grass more than once. I understand we'd take the best tee shot then play our own ball from their. How does scoring work in that format? Low ball? Cumulative?

Yeah; I've been in that native grass more than once. I understand we'd take the best tee shot then play our own ball from their. How does scoring work in that format? Low ball? Cumulative?

Correct. Play the best tee shot between you and your partner and then play your ball to the cup. The best score between the two of you is the team score.

You guys are going to have a blast.

Got it. Curious if you guys want to take handicaps into account for scoring... could help keep it balanced. Again, I'm up for whatever works for the group. As long as the post-round bar includes a decent selection of frothy beverages I'm happy.

Got it. Curious if you guys want to take handicaps into account for scoring... could help keep it balanced. Again, I'm up for whatever works for the group. As long as the post-round bar includes a decent selection of frothy beverages I'm happy.

We can do that for sure.

Really looking forward to this!

Shamble sounds good, although I don't have an official USGA handicap I could work on that between now and then. I need to get one anyway really for attending these types of events.

I don't have an official USGA one either; I just keep it on the mobile app I use to track all my rounds. I'm at 16.8 today.

No need to go all official. We will just take whatever you are currently tracking on.

I don't have an official USGA one either; I just keep it on the mobile app I use to track all my rounds. I'm at 16.8 today.

No need to go all official. We will just take whatever you are currently tracking on.

Sounds great, I was using a mobile app, but I haven't posted in a while. I'll get that updated and have one ready for the outing.

We have 3 4-somes reserved at Gateway National in Madison, IL (Just across the river from downtown St. Louis) on April 16. I have 3 tee times reserved right now 11:03, 11:12 and 11:21. The cost is $59.50/round.

The course should be in pristine condition as it looks pretty dang good now being February. The grounds crew also just finished burning the native grass to restore it back to it's original looks without all the weeds.
4613.jpg

http://gatewaynational.com/

Here's the list so far:
wubears71
Daddio
so-illhacker
LSMO

We can add more tee times than the 12 I have reserved if needed or cut back too.

If you want to join us please post here and I will add you to the list.

This will be fun!
Hmmm... will be keeping my eyes on this one. Really close to my daughter's birthday, so those arrangements take precedence, but if they don't conflict, maybe a Chicago contingent will make the road trip.

Count me in ! I'm in KC but will make the trek over to STL any day to play with some THPers !

Hmmm... will be keeping my eyes on this one. Really close to my daughter's birthday, so those arrangements take precedence, but if they don't conflict, maybe a Chicago contingent will make the road trip.

Awesome; come join the fun. Just don't bring any Cubs gear =)

Man I would really love to do this. It would be a 6 hour drive for me or so. I will be thinking about i t

Pencil me in as a maybe

I'm about 3.5 hours away and will be making it a day trip. Any one in the KC area that wants to car pool we can definitely do that! I think a shamble will be a good format.

I'm a most likely

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I am also interested, but I have to see what my sons baseball schedule will look like first. I love Gateway, favorite course in the Lou!

Pondering as well. Need to get closer & check the schedule.

If I come up, I'd want to play more than 18. Either same course early that morning or maybe somewhere else early Sunday.

We can work that out Shakey. I'm up for another round Saturday or Sunday.

Back