CURE EVENT extra rounds and hotels

So is everyone staying at the Hampton Inn even know it seems they only have smoking rooms with 2 beds?

So is everyone staying at the Hampton Inn even know it seems they only have smoking rooms with 2 beds?

not sure about everyone, but I know Golds and I are

FWIW....As a Former Hampton GM, I'll just say this. Don't let the smoking rooms disuade you from staying there. Generally all Hampton Inns have a very good deep cleaning process, plus they also have a Ionizer they can put in the room for an hour (when you're not in it) that really helps pull any remnants of smoke smell out. In addition, in most NOT ALL locations smoking rooms are only actually used by smokers like 20% of the time. I'm a little sensitive to smoke smell, and it's very rare that I've ever been bothered by lingering smoke smell in any of the rooms.

I'll be I the Hampton. I think rooms in all three hotels in Owego are in short supply, so the smoking/non-smoking issue might become common in all of them.

I'll be I the Hampton. I think rooms in all three hotels in Owego are in short supply, so the smoking/non-smoking issue might become common in all of them.

did you figure out your flights?

did you figure out your flights?

Yes sir. I'm flying into Scranton/Wilkes-Barre with one stop in Atlanta (Delta). It's just about an hour from the hotel, I think.

Yes sir. I'm flying into Scranton/Wilkes-Barre with one stop in Atlanta (Delta). It's just about an hour from the hotel, I think.

all right! will you ahve time for extra round(s)?

If anyone is looking for another good course to play in the vicinity, check out Conklin Players Club.

all right! will you ahve time for extra round(s)?

Yes, I hope to play Friday mid morning. I get in Thursday, fly out early Monday.

If anyone is looking for another good course to play in the vicinity, check out Conklin Players Club.
This is the only course I've played in the area, but I was really impressed. Condition wise, it was right up there with the Shenendoah/Kahluyat courses at Turning Stone.

Yes, I hope to play Friday mid morning. I get in Thursday, fly out early Monday.

I will be playing on friday, I was planning on coming in either early friday morning or late thursday night.

you are thinking a practice round at hiawatha or trying a different course?

I will be playing on friday, I was planning on coming in either early friday morning or late thursday night.

you are thinking a practice round at hiawatha or trying a different course?

I want to play a practice round at Hiawatha. I'd like to get a look at it before the actual matches. What are you thinking?

I want to play a practice round at Hiawatha. I'd like to get a look at it before the actual matches. What are you thinking?
Yeah I was torn between the two options really, both the practice round and the different course sound good to me so I figured I'd join you guys wherever you were playing.
I think a tree time around 10 or 11 should leave me enough time to drive in in the morning.

Yeah I was torn between the two options really, both the practice round and the different course sound good to me so I figured I'd join you guys wherever you were playing.
I think a tree time around 10 or 11 should leave me enough time to drive in in the morning.

Please count me in for the Friday round MPlefty and VMan. I'd prefer playing the course we are going to play in the tourney but not a big deal either way.

Please count me in for the Friday round MPlefty and VMan. I'd prefer playing the course we are going to play in the tourney but not a big deal either way.

sounds great. hopefully Gregg can edit the fist post with our names for friday. is 11 good for you guys? if I leave at 4am, google puts me there close to 9am, but I want to give myself a buffer for the customs and a pit stop

sounds great. hopefully Gregg can edit the fist post with our names for friday. is 11 good for you guys? if I leave at 4am, google puts me there close to 9am, but I want to give myself a buffer for the customs and a pit stop

Fine for me. I think I'm going to drive halfway Thursday night and stay over somewhere in Canada, then drive the rest Friday am.

Fine for me. I think I'm going to drive halfway Thursday night and stay over somewhere in Canada, then drive the rest Friday am.

Eleven is fine. If there is nothing going on Friday except the Meet and Greet that night, that would give us plenty of time.

First post updated

Take some notes for team GREEN i wont be able to play before the event.

I should be good for Friday, but I'll have a definite answer this weekend. I'll have to drop off the girls at daycare in the morning and they don't open until 7, and it's a 3.5 hour trip. Would we be able to push it back to 11:30/12? If not it's no big deal. Worst case I'll just hop over to the range when I get there.

Also, just made a reservation for Hampton Inn. If anyone hasn't made a reservation yet, the lady I spoke to said there aren't many rooms left, and all they have are smoking. As far as looking for a non-smoking room, she said the best way to do it to keep checking online.

Also offer a AAA discount for anyone who is a member.

Look forward to seeing you all!

bumping this, anyone else is joining us on Friday?

I am also looking for a possible round on monday

bumping this, anyone else is joining us on Friday?

I am also looking for a possible round on monday

I'm good for a round on Friday. Didn't think I'd be able to leave after 7 but I'll head out around 6 and should be there around 10:30.

I won't be around for a round on Friday. Wife is away that week and it looks like I will be on dog duty until I drop her off to get boarded for the night.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Im still not sure what time Ill get into town at, if I can get a practice round in it wont be until around 1.

I won't be around for a round on Friday. Wife is away that week and it looks like I will be on dog duty until I drop her off to get boarded for the night.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I was just going to ask you guys about your travel plans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back