1st Contest - The 2016 Grandaddy of Em All - The All Expenses Paid Trip of a Lifetime

The Grandaddy is the pinnacle of all things golf and executed to perfection to give lucky THPers a trip of a lifetime. All expenses paid to California to get fit by experts, receive a bag full of equipment and put that equipment into play at one of the finest courses in the world. Getting into the event is as easy as winning one of the contests and today we are honored to kick them off.

2015 Grandaddy Recap Video

The Contest
THP Radio is your key to winning this contest and recently we have hosted two guests that are 5x THP Event Hall of Famers in Harry Arnett and Jason Finley. Your job will be to listen to those podcast episodes and answer the 4 questions below via email for your chance at victory. You will submit those answers via email to admin@thehackersparadise.com

The Prize
One spot in the Grandaddy of em all with THP & Callaway Golf. Jason Finley describes it well in the latest THP Radio podcast when he says, it is a dream trip that money cannot buy. What's Included? EVERYTHING as this is all expenses paid.
Airfare
Hotel
Full fitting and clubs
Golf at one of the finest courses in the country
And so much more...

Rules
If you are a THPer and a 2016 Albatross Club Member, you are eligible for the ultimate trip of a lifetime, bag full of clubs and a chance to be part of the 2016 Grandaddy.
1 entry per person
Deadline for entry submission is April 10th at 11:59pm EST.
Include your forum name in your email

How To Enter
Entering the contests is an easy task and all you will need is a THP Forum account and your 2016 Albatross Club Membership. This year it is a very special initiative as THP partners with local animal shelters around the country to give back in the name of this community of people. If you are not a member and would like more information, click here.

The Questions
After listening to the podcasts with Jason Finley and Harry Arnett, answer these 4 questions.

1. What sporting goods company did Harry Arnett work for prior to joining the golf industry?

2. What is Harry Arnett's favorite sandwich?

3. What was Jason Finley's first job at Callaway Golf?

4. What does Jason Finley think is the best rivalry in the Zoo Crew?

On a related note, I strongly urge those interested to hear how Jason Finley describes the Grandaddy. It is absolute perfection.

THP Radio
You can find THP Radio on the home page of this website in this section.
It can also be found on iTunes as well as Android and many other Podcast apps. With new shows weekly, it is your chance to hear the best of On Demand Audio for the world of golf.

Misc
For the main thread for the 2016 Grandaddy, click here and the first post will get updated with all of the details as they come out such as dates, etc.

To hear from the 2015 participants on what their experience was like at this incredible event, click here and read through the recap thread.

Just moving this post to the present for those they may have missed it. Read through it, listen to the podcasts and get those entries in.

Two-time hall of fame tag winners are always encouraged to apply.

I'm sure you meant to say Four-Time, buddy. They don't list all of them if you win the same type of event more than once (I.e. Invitationals).

I'm sure you meant to say Four-Time, buddy. They don't list all of them if you win the same type of event more than once (I.e. Invitationals).

Excuse me, fine sir. The Gradaddy seems like a pretty good place then to get that coveted 5-time tag.

Entry sent with fingers and toes crossed .

It's amazing that there are only 195 posts in this thread. I know people are entering and not posting in here, but still #MindBlown
I've noticed a few times during a Grandaddy contest that the fourum thread is a little dead and honestly if people don't want to enter for the best trip of a lifetime it just better ls my chances of getting the call up lol.

It's Masters week AND the 1st Grandaddy contest.....comm'on people!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I played 18 yesterday and was paired up with 2 other guys, I was telling the about #TheGrandaddy and they looked at me like I was crazy, I don't think they believed me, so told I them where to find the info. When you're telling people about it and what is involved, it does sound too good to be true. Every shot I made yesterday I had this event on my mind.

I need to do this tonight. April 10 will be here fast

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Finally got my entry submitted. I can't wait to see who gets the lucky invitation!

Great first contest. Really enjoyed both podcasts on my plane ride the other day.

I had to listen to the thp radio episodes with Harry and Jason twice. First time around I went right thru the episodes as they are that good. The second time I had to try and pay specific attention to the questions.
Words can't describe how special this event is... so much awesome!

This is special! I want to be part of something special!!!

As a golf nerd on THP, you would have to be literally crazy to not enter these contests.

A couple of months ago I'll admit I didn't really have Callaway on my radar. After reading the 2015 Grandaddy thread, and interacting with them on twitter the last couple of club trials / purchase ponders I've done have been Callaway clubs. I literally don't understand people that are engaged with this site not entering this opportunity of a lifetime.

For whatever reason some people don't like

Playing golf at one of the finest courses in the country
Full bag of clubs fit for them by the best in the business
All expenses paid including hotel, airfare and all food

No big deal. Team THP will be rocking and rolling and better than ever later this year. Perhaps this needed to be posted in the regional chat threads....hahaha.

Or is it that people are entering and then not posting in the thread saying "Entry Sent"?

Or maybe they just don't like awesome contests that require some effort on their part to enter?

I like posting Entry Sent, and putting in effort. :act-up:

Mine went in this morning, after listening to the interviews last night.

You get to play golf HERE! It doesn't look real, but oh it is! What is perfection? THE GRANDADDY

I want to play here again with THP and The Zoo Crew! I want the newest and best equipment on the market! I want comfort stations and blueberry lemonade and breakfast sliders!

20141209_094315_1.jpg

I was considering taking a pass on #TheGrandaddy this year, since I'll turn 73, and that's pretty old for serious competition. But, I get so damned excited for this one that I just can't sit idly by and not take a chance. Besides, I've been known to surprise a few people, even at this age. Entry is in!
I would be honored to have you on any team that I'm on again. You, young man...are a playa and I would be nervous if on the opposing side. Your sneaky.

Oh...and yes I put an entry in too!

For whatever reason some people don't like

Playing golf at one of the finest courses in the country
Full bag of clubs fit for them by the best in the business
All expenses paid including hotel, airfare and all food

No big deal. Team THP will be rocking and rolling and better than ever later this year. Perhaps this needed to be posted in the regional chat threads....hahaha.

What I don't get is there's always at least as many guests reading this thread as members, and often it's 2 or 3 times the amount. Why not sign up, join the Albatross club and give it a shot? It's really a small price to pay for a shot at the best golf event in the world.

This is one of the first things I think about when I get up in the morning. My wife has already told me she is dreading this year for the fact that I talk about this so often.

What an opportunity of a lifetime for us all. Good luck everyone

My entry is in :)

I had some relatives poke fun at me Sunday saying that I sounded like a network marketer since I wouldn't shut up about how awesome THP was... What can I say, I want to share it with everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had some relatives poke fun at me Sunday saying that I sounded like a network marketer since I wouldn't shut up about how awesome THP was... What can I say, I want to share it with everyone!

It's hard to explain, and even harder to stop trying to explain haha!

Just imagine a spot on the Grandaddy, trying to explain exactly what THP and Callaway are doing for a group of golfers. I've done it a few times now (like.. 30ish), and most of the time I get a fairly bewildered stare and a laugh.

I think until it's experienced, the Grandaddy is just one of those life experiences that cannot be adequately weighed and measured until you've lived it.

I had to listen to the thp radio episodes with Harry and Jason twice. First time around I went right thru the episodes as they are that good. The second time I had to try and pay specific attention to the questions.
Words can't describe how special this event is... so much awesome!
I did the exact same thing, I had 2 out of the 4 just wanted to verify and listen again for the others, it's amazing the details you miss while listening, such great content!

Back