Who's going to putt with flag in ???

Flag in for me unless the group I'm playing with wants it out.

I will probably putt with it in on longer putts, just like I do now.

I will continue to decide upon the circumstance......

I've been playing the new rules for years so nothing will change.

I love this new rule!!! I often start out rounds alone because I suddenly finish my chores early and have time for a twilight round. I never pull the pin because I'm trying to get in as many holes as I can before dark. The trouble is that I often meet up with others on the course and I worry that I'm being rude by not knowing who is supposed to pull it, or when.

Now I have a real reason to ask if someone wants it in or out.

Whiskey

Similar to others on the Forum, I have been leaving the pin in for years when playing as a single, which typically was after work when trying to squeeze 18 in before dark.

Going into 2019 when playing with others, I will probably leave in for long putts or when no one is standing close to the pin to pull. Definitely going to practice more as a single to see if really an advantage.

Unless I see personal benefit otherwise, will likely still take it out for any putts inside of 25 or so feet.

I probably will, especially if playing as a single.

There’s pretty much no situation minus poor weather that will lead me to do this. Not against it entirely for others it’s just not what I like to do. The extra 20 seconds makes me not feel rushed and enjoy the putting experience more.

There’s pretty much no situation minus poor weather that will lead me to do this. Not against it entirely for others it’s just not what I like to do. The extra 20 seconds makes me not feel rushed and enjoy the putting experience more.

Oh god I cannot wait to play a round with you this year and just wreck your mind with my incessant yelling about putting the damn pin back in for me.

Oh god I cannot wait to play a round with you this year and just wreck your mind with my incessant yelling about putting the damn pin back in for me.

I’ll get started early. “You want it in, with your ridiculous putter with rust on it, you put it in yourself!!!”

Damn right, keep your dirty meat hooks off that pin. I'm trying to putt over here!!

I usually left it in for solo rounds, but noticed what you said is true. That walk towards the pin to take it out, and then cycle back to my ball usually leads to a better putt for me. Makes me feel a little less rushed. I guess for others with a proper putting routing it may not be a big deal though.

I usually left it in for solo rounds, but noticed what you said is true. That walk towards the pin to take it out, and then cycle back to my ball usually leads to a better putt for me. Makes me feel a little less rushed. I guess for others with a proper putting routing it may not be a big deal though.

It’s all about enjoying the game in your way with respect to the rules and pace of play. I’m good with both ways but I’ll stick to how I enjoy the game most.

I’ll likely mix it up. I tend to make more putts when I pull the pin for short putts, but longish putts I probably won’t bother.

If playing by myself I'll probably still take it out except for really long putts.

If playing in a group I'll go with whatever the group decides. I can see this becoming a bit of pain in the rear end if there's a mix of hardcore "leave it in" and "take it out" guys in the group.

If I'm playing solo I will on anything longer than 10 ft.
Otherwise, whatever the group wants to do is fine with me.

I rarely took it out when playing solo anyway. Now I’ll probably just leave it in to maximize the laziness

I'm leaving it in and plan on banging them in!

Playing as a single I'll leave it in, except for short putts I'll pull it, I just like hearing the ball hit the bottom of the cup.

As a single probably close to 100% of the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As others have said when I am a single the pin is staying in most all the time. In a group I am not making a big deal about it either way.

New rules today ...
So who's going to putt with the flag in ???

Probably someone putting from 40 feet who has poor eyesight

Back