New Irons For Dustin Johnson

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
He has played the TP MBs for 3 years and made the switch this week to the Taylormade PSi Tour irons.
Using True Temper X-100 shafts.

CbhXw__UYAEzosk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
that's a big move for him and for TM. Perhaps it will pump some juice in to the PSI irons. Him going to more of a players cavity is interesting, just based on what I've heard him talk about with irons in the past.

Interesting. To change after three years in the beginning of the season has something to say about these or no?

• Admin
that's a big move for him and for TM. Perhaps it will pump some juice in to the PSI irons. Him going to more of a players cavity is interesting, just based on what I've heard him talk about with irons in the past.

Im hoping it moves the needle a bit. Profile is similar evidently.

Thats good to know, I liked the RSI 2s but the footprint and sole were a little too big and the face was just too hot. This is a big move for him, I'll be anxious to see if the distances are consistent. TM has really won me over

Very interesting. Hope he hits them well and gets a W this year with them.

Wow, Curious as to the reason he is moving to these after so long with the TP MB's. Bit of a jump in style if my mind serves me right for the profile of the MB's he was using.

His distances with these are going to be ridiculous!

Do you know how many TM staffers are gaming the PSI line as opposed to older lines?

Intrested to see if he is actually using them. I know taylormade put that photo of the iron out the other day but has me wondering if he will actually use then or if it's a marketing post.

Some guys just like the old models they are use to and stick with them, we all know that. So, if he really is making this change to the new irons, then that surely have to help TM and move the needle for them.

A conversation about tour presence definitely makes a difference. It certainly makes me want to spend some time with a set.

Me me too honestly, I've been truly waiting for a small club with big results and I'm hoping this could be it.

Interesting. Nice to see them get some tour love. I haven't seen them in person but the pics I saw they look good.

A conversation about tour presence definitely makes a difference. It certainly makes me want to spend some time with a set.

Whenever I'm watching these guys play I always look to see what theyre using as well. I certainly look into it and always wanna hit their stuff

I am always curious when a touring pro changes irons. Makes me wonder between endorsement and performance. I assume that performance wins out, but money does talk ....

I am always curious when a touring pro changes irons. Makes me wonder between endorsement and performance. I assume that performance wins out, but money does talk ....
I'm always inclined to say it's performance, because the money they'd make on tour and with endorsements by winning would dwarf their tour sponsorship from the OEM, but that's just my take on it. Maybe DJ wanted an iron he could hit higher, or with some different amount of spin. Maybe a different gap towards the top of his bag? I can't really say what would make a tour pro change irons, because the reality is they play a radically different game from me.

That's a pretty big move. but I think it will be a good move. a little forgiveness is never a bad thing and I think the pros are realizing that.

Plus technology has come along way and they can finally put the tech in a much smaller package.

If he had played some sort of combo set before this wouldn't be so surprising but a full jump away from the MB's is sort of shocking. I hope he does well with them because not only do I love watching him in contention this will also help TM and that's good for all golf consumers

At least from an exposure point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually met him in Florida and he loves all the new changing technology. Don't know if that's why he changed but it might, as least, be a factor.

Back