No go on the Gordon and McPhails? Anyone? Bueller?

I've had the 10 and the "Christmas" one (which I believe is 12 yo iirc). Both were nice for the age and comparable to others of similar year (balvenie, or glenlivet come to mind but it's been 3-4 years now). Haven't had the fortune of the older vintage from them.

No go on the Gordon and McPhails? Anyone? Bueller?
I've sampled some G & M offerings over the years...I don't recall disliking any of them, but I belive their M.O. is to acquire raw distillate and do unusual things with it. So...their offerings may be a bit "adventurous".

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

My first Foray into Scotch drinking will consist of two bottles of Chivas Regal 12 yr and Auchentoshen American Oak

So far the Auchentoshan is milder/smoother than the Chivas. I just need to build up my tolerance for the burn.

Thanks to all that suggested Balvenie Doublewood. I bought a bottle in December and its one of the best whiskeys I've tried. If you're not a fan of the smoky flavors, give this one a try.

Thanks to all that suggested Balvenie Doublewood. I bought a bottle in December and its one of the best whiskeys I've tried. If you're not a fan of the smoky flavors, give this one a try.
This is one of my favorites!
I'll be re-visiting this one in the near future I think.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Had some Macallan 18 year last Friday at a Christmas party it was pretty good. Dunno about 200$ a bottle but it was tasty.

Peanut Butter and Jelly Bourbon, would you try it?
pbj-bourbon.jpg

http://www.foodiggity.com/peanut-butter-and-jelly-bourbon-exists/

I'd look into something finished in a fortified spirit cask or dessert spirit cask, think port or Sherry or Sauternes. a couple I have enjoyed were a glenfiddich finished in Sherry cask (12 year that comes in a red case iirc) and a glenmorangie nectar d'or finished in Sauternes casks. the glenfiddich wasn't too expensive, but the glenmorangie was a little pricey.

you probably want to stay away from heavily peated scotch if you don't like that medicinal/band-aid note. though honestly, it comes with the territory for most scotch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think anything from Glenmorangie would probably fit the bill. The shape of their pot stills play into the flavor profile and Glenmorangie have the tallest in Scotland leading it to be a very smooth and mild whisky.

My wife got me these Star Wars ice cube trays for Christmas. Here's an X fighter in my Russell's Reserve.

dadfb8ad91a84794a124d06451c08ce3.jpg

My wife got me these Star Wars ice cube trays for Christmas. Here's an X fighter in my Russell's Reserve.

dadfb8ad91a84794a124d06451c08ce3.jpg

Lol that's awesome. My mom got me batman trays

I didn't know which thread to post in, but all I can say is, YES PLEASE!!!

Figured this would be a great post for this thread.

My buddy lives in PA, he won the liquor lottery for a bottle of pappy.

We have been talking about trying to find a bottle for years, finally won one.

He gets home, puts it on the counter, BOOM his girlfriend knocked it off !

I still can't get over it. :( it was in our hands and dropped.....

Drowned our sorrows in a bottle of Willett. Not bad a little harsh, I think only 2 years. But man, to just have tasted the Pappy........

Drowned our sorrows in a bottle of Willett. Not bad a little harsh, I think only 2 years. But man, to just have tasted the Pappy........

My jaw just hit the floor! Sorry for you loss.....

That sucks.

Ex girlfriend right?

Omg, not much worse than that

That's really sad!

My cousin got me a bottle of Buffalo Trace's Experimental Collection for my birthday. I had never heard of the line, but after some research I learned that Buffalo Trace does these experimental batches with different barrel treatments, warehouse environments and aging.

This bottle is from the fifth floor of the warehouse and has caramel and butterscotch notes.

b56dcda148bbe9996c876dd0c2174371.jpg

I'm happy to see that Booker's Noe is back in stock in my town. I snagged a few bottles in the fall to stockpile it because it is just so multi-dimensional, and have recommended it to several friends who adore it as well.

I tried a new Amrut single malt the other day, aged in a sherry cask with the addition of citrus. Really quite a nice whisky, but at north of $100/bottle, a bit dear for my pocket at the moment.

Anyone try whippersnapper from Oregon? I have some and am enjoying it as an everyday drinker.

The whiskey as an everyday drinker not me lol!

Picked up a bottle of Glenlivet The Master Distiller's Reserve when I was at the airport, haven't tried it yet.

My brother just picked up a bottle of Pappy 20 year old. Looking forward to him opening it up!

Back