Any hybrid players going back to 3i with new tech?

Plinyyounger

Magistrate Ancient Rome
Reaction score
Handicap
fake peopl
Hi all, are any players who have in the recent past (2-3 years), going back to a 3i with the new tech clubs? I have in the past gone back and forth between 3h and 3i, but my recent club purchase has the 3i back In the bag. I want to hit the most efficient clubs availible to me, right now it's the 3i, I can hit it 230 with a more penetrating flight.

What are you using now and are you considering switching to one or the other?

ken

I was just having this conversation with someone today. For me it's a resounding yes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hybrid for me and I will not consider changing. Ball flight and forgiveness in the hybrids is awesome plus the extra mass lets me get more distance.

Heck no. The jumps in long irons still aren't in the realm of launch and forgiveness of a hybrid. There's a reason most pros carry a hybrid instead now.

Not 3i, but I just dumped the hybrid for my 4i. The Z545 long irons are sooooo easy to hit & I always fight a hook w/ any hybrid I've ever gamed. Very good decision so far...

I guess the choice also is reflective of how many fairway woods one carries. I think I'm going with one fairway 4/5, the 3i, and an extra wedge. We will see how that goes after I buy the new fairway.

I guess the choice also is reflective of how many fairway woods one carries. I think I'm going with one fairway 4/5, the 3i, and an extra wedge. We will see how that goes after I buy the new fairway.
Is it though? For me it's simply about distances/gaps in that spot rather than what else is in the bag.

I probably could bag a BB 3I. I am hitting my 4I pretty good right now. The BBs aren't much different than a hybrid.

Is it though? For me it's simply about distances/gaps in that spot rather than what else is in the bag.

Curious us what your gaps are, I like your set up.

I don't see myself going away from hybrids in those spots with the vast majority of iron sets. I could see playing something like a G series 4 iron, but even then my JPX Fli-Hi has been so good to me, I'd probably go for something like the Crossover if I went the Ping route.

Nope. Not me. My goal is to always fill each of my gaps in the best way possible. Play too hybrids now and that will stay.

And with hybrids available in iron replacement form for flight info for those that enjoy that, I can't imagine I ever go back.

I probably could bag a BB 3I. I am hitting my 4I pretty good right now. The BBs aren't much different than a hybrid.

Thats what I have found too recently, my 3i is definitely lower flight though. But it's real easy to hit. I just rarely find myself having to land a long club on the green, guess it could just be my play style, I'm pretty conservative normally hitting shorts or wedges into the green, long par 3's being the exception.

Heck no for me. Hybrids are so much easier for me to consistently hit.

0% chance I ever try a 3i again.

I carry 3-Pw with a v4 2 driving iron. I won't give up the driving iron for a traditional 2 iron.

Hybrids are just so damn awesome I can't imagine switching back.

Thats what I have found too recently, my 3i is definitely lower flight though. But it's real easy to hit. I just rarely find myself having to land a long club on the green, guess it could just be my play style, I'm pretty conservative normally hitting shorts or wedges into the green, long par 3's being the exception.

There is something to be said about the consistency of having your 3 club the same as your 4 club. In my set I have the same shaft in my wedges, irons and hybrid which does create familiarity. I do like the loft adjustability of the hybrid though. Also, if I am not hitting my 3W well off the turf I have no qualms going with hybrid. Mentally, going with a 3I in that case makes me think I'm giving too much away in distance though it likely isn't as much as what I think it is. Overall I am happy with my bag right now. A year ago (with my RazrX irons) I pulled my 5I out of the bag because I just couldn't hit it. I was playing 3 hybrids. Now I have confidence in all my irons.

I can hit a 3i confidently. I seem to sway between hybrids and irons.

Not a chance for me. Hybrids just offer so much more.

#ell to the no. Especially for what I use it for. Hybrids are here to say.

No way no how. hybrids are too easy to hit and give a great ball flight. i don't even carry a 4 iron.

Nope. Hybrids at 3 and most likely 4 from here out

Not for me either. I keep my hybrid #5 and fairway wood #5 to replace 3i and 4i.

My set came with a 3i and I gave it a try and just couldn't get it to perform like my 3H.

Back