How would you play this hole?

Little behind here goes
11 driver short iron to wedge in depending on the tee
12 driver off the tee if I am hitting it good going to cut off as much of the corner as I can. Then attack the green in two after a good tee shot. Diappointed if I don't come away with birdie here
13 driver or 3 wood off the tee to keep ball in play then short iron into the green
14 driver and then get home in two. Another hole where I am expecting to make birdie
15 what a hole this could be anything from 3 hybrid to 9 iron depending on the tee and the wind. Pick it and trust it

16 full gas here driver at left side or center of the green. I want to get as close as possible if not one. To my the risk is worth the reward. Dry land is birdie the majority of the time and eagle is a possibility
17 5 iron down to wedge depending on tee. 5 or 6 iron playing to middle of the green. 7 iron down going flag hunting
18 driver off the and iron to get home. Hat and glasses off shake hands, pat on the back. Thank everyone for an enjoyable day.
1 driver to mid iron into green. Trying to make par here to get off on right foot. Birdie is a bonus and bogey is not a killer.

If the interest is there I will keep this going through the the calendar year for all THP events

If I'm playing this, I'm going to try to get right of the bunker. Then depending on how far I am away from the hole and club selection, I'd either risk it and go for the gold or I'd lay it up, pitch it on and hope for a 1 putt to make par.

Let's keep this going....

RTJ - Grand National

#2 Par 5 Links Course
28dfda5321461d036731484871912300.jpg

Devilish Par 5 that will have you looking at a nasty looking fairway. Going strong a pulling the driver out. No way I see taking the risk and doing something stupid. Playing to a number to in order to throw a wedge close. Nasty looking green.

RTJ - Grand National

#3 Par 3 Links Course

a0920fe2ef85eb5e7e23782c28b941d4.jpg

Depending on tee's club selection will vary. Orange I am pulling 4 or 5 iron. White will be 6 or 7.

RTJ - Grand National

#2 Par 5 Links Course

Devilish Par 5 that will have you looking at a nasty looking fairway. Going strong a pulling the driver out. No way I see taking the risk and doing something stupid. Playing to a number to in order to throw a wedge close. Nasty looking green.
Well, this doesn't look too inviting, does it? Jeez!
Hit and pray you hit some small targets, I think.

RTJ - Grand National

#2 Par 5 Links Course

RTJ - Grand National

#3 Par 3 Links Course

Depending on tee's club selection will vary. Orange I am pulling 4 or 5 iron. White will be 6 or 7.
The par 5 is three shots for me, but almost all are! Driver, then likely hybrid. Should leave me 80 to 120 in depending on conditions and pin position.

The par 3 could be anything from 8 iron to hybrid. Wind, tee box location and pin position will all determine that.

Distance on 2 screams go for green in 2 but the danger around the green says play for a 3 shot hole and take your par.

3 is anywhere from 4h to 6i dependent on tees and just try to hit the green. If it goes in from the tee, that's a bonus. ;)

2) Such a funky par 5. Taking driver and if playing orange or white going for in 2 as long as I am in the fairway, from the tips I probably lay up with a hybrid somewhere between the bunkers, visually intimidating lay up but know your yardage and hit it.

3) Easy enough from the whites, a little harder from the other ones. Pick yardage and hit it, fairly tight in front but room in the back half of the green looks like a fun green and happy walking away with 3

2 Driver off the tee, if I hit the fairway. I am going at the green in two. Not a big believer in laying up to a certain yardage. The closer I can get the better.

3 - playing for the center of the green. Would plan on being 1 under coming into this hole. Don't want to do anything stupid to derail a good start.

RTJ Grand National
#4 Par 4 Links Course
b01ca0d22df7e617a09f72d8c8d72359.jpg

This hole is driver off the tee on left side of the fairway. I'm trying to get my 150-160 yard club in my hand. That second shot into the green will be a treat. Flag on right side will have you dealing with those bunkers. Preciseness will be key.

RTJ Grand National
#5 Par 4 Links Course

96d741819a50e18fc99b8c5fed608419.jpg

Driver for me over the bunkers leaving a 9i into the elevated green. Another annoying placed bunker will capture some approach shots into this one.

I'll be making hay with my partner on 12 - 14. I know spicoli is think what I'm thinking on the par 5s. Jesus I can't wait to play these courses

#18 I can play driver from either tee. Looking for left center to set up a fade into that green and staying away from that bunker.

#1 Taking driver again and 1 or two extra clubs for the second shot that plays "significantly" uphill :bulgy-eyes:. The wind will probably play a factor as well.

4 - depending on the tee driver, 3 wood, or hybrid to keep the ball in play. 9 iron or wedge in for my second shot
5- driver over the trap giving me a chance to go flag hunting with a wedge or short iron

4) Driver off the back 2 tees probably a 5 wood off the whites, not going to take a super aggressive line just try to hit fairway leaving 6, 7, or 8 iron.
5) A mans par 4 from the tips, unless the wind is from behind and I am playing well I am playing left of the bunkers from the tips probably leaving a hybrid in. Just hoping to hit the green. Really easy hole from the other 2 boxes, driver over the bunkers leaving a mid to short iron in.

16 - Whatever will get me to the end of the fairway to set up a LW in
17 - probably a 5 or 6 iron depending on pin location and wind
18 - Driver then probably a 6 or 7 iron in

Links Course....

Driver then whatever on 1, 4 and 5
2- Driver then whatever will leave me about 100 yards in for the third shot
3- 5 iron or 4 hybrid depending on pin location and wind

16 isn't driveable from the mens tees to my knowledge due to the angles. For that reason, its a pretty hole but a bit contrived iMO. Just an iron or hybrid to your wedge distance. obviously take enough club to get over the marsh.

17 can be a birdie if the pin isn't front left. favor the right with a 5 i or 8 i from whites.

I'm with you on 16. 16 is nothing longer than 180 off the tee. the fairway runs away and slopes down to the water. the big trees on the right are definitely in play if you don't pick the right yardage. and driver is absolutely out of the question because there's nowhere to miss unless you can drop and stop your tee shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only going to do one today due to no computer.

RTJ Grand National
#6 Par 5 - Links Course

6b556e11295ae9b37a21cf201d251190.jpg

This one is going to require some input from those who have played this course. During our SIM round the said marsh from end of fairway up to green appeared playable.

Three shot hole for me with either Driver or 3W being taken off the tee. 2nd shot will be to area directly in front of marsh leaving wedge into the green.

Easy....do exactly what they say to do in the photo. :)

Depends on yardage to the fairway bunker from tee. Maybe 5 wood to make sure to find fairway short of bunker, then hybrid to that 100 to 150 range.

6 - if playing the tips 3 wood or hybrid off the tee, lay up short of the marsh and wedge in. One change to this might be if I could hit driver and have 2nd shot that I could get comfortably into the greenside bunkers over the green.

Playing the orange or white tees driver off the tee should leave me some sort of iron into the green. If I have good lie in the fairway. Then I am going at the green in two. From here it is only a par 3 with water in front. I would play to go long. Depending on the pin placement it doesn't look like the bunkers long are death and I like my chances of getting up and down.

Finishing up the Lake Course.

RTJ Grand National
#18 Par 4 Lake Course
fb16fb709aaa2deeeb8cdc74848430da.jpg

Taking driver on #18 looking to find the fairway. 2nd shot will be a 7i or 8i in with a fade. At all costs need to avoid that bunker.

So the Lake Course at Grand National will offer several different plays off the tee and into the green. Definitely some holes you don't want to be off the fairway. Club selection will be key and those greens could wreak havoc.

Moving on to the Links Course at Grand National. I played this one on a SIM and it was a fun track.

RTJ Grand National
#1 Par 4 Links Course

e478fbcfda124d4d71363a414f963797.jpg

Difficult hole to start off on. Driver and finding the fairway is a must. Uphill to the green so probably looking at 6i in.
I am a little behind..18 looks like a driver and then possibly a 8 or 9 iron in.

#1 looks like driver again and then taking extra club into the green.

RTJ - Grand National

#2 Par 5 Links Course

RTJ - Grand National

#3 Par 3 Links Course

#2 looks like a fun hole. Driver off the tee, but I am not sure I am going for that green in two. Probably laying up to a wedge number that I am comfortable with.

#3 could be an 6 or 8 iron depending on tees and wind.

6) Taking driver off the tee, looks like you can carry the bunker from the tips with a good drive and even ending up in the bunker is a wedge layup and short shot still. Flying it from the tips probably leaves 230 in so depending on how I am playing 5 wood should get there fairly easily. 2 shot hole from the other tees as you probably only have a hybrid or mid iron in depending on conditions.

Back