XXIO 8 Driver Preview

Is this their first release in America? I have never heard if them before this. Kind of excited to see the numbers it produces.

We have had these here in NZ for awhile now. They are high end and expensive compared to other brands. Driver sells for $900+ here, so I have never tried them, but they are as others have said very popular in Japan.

Very interested in learning more.
I would also like to know if their stated loft is true measured loft. I know some U.S. drivers have actual loft that is meaningfully higher than whatever is printed on the club. I know Japanese clubs tend to be true to their stated loft.

Has anyone ever hit one of these? I was eyeballing them at TGW today and it's probably the most beautiful club I have ever laid eyes on. Just a little steep at $599, but might be worth it.

The torque and shaft scares me alittle...

Yeah, JDM stuff seems to play soft to flex on top of that as well. This seems to be a light weight stick. I wonder if some of the benefits aren't negated when upgrading to a heavier and stiffer shaft.

The most promising thing out of the video was the sound. If that was indeed the impact sound, it is pretty sweet.

Found an XXIO 8 in very good condition from Global Golf for $250, free shipping. After reading the positive reviews on the XXIO 9 and Prime I decided to go for it. Pretty excited to see how it plays for me.

Found an XXIO 8 in very good condition from Global Golf for $250, free shipping. After reading the positive reviews on the XXIO 9 and Prime I decided to go for it. Pretty excited to see how it plays for me.

Nice find. Do tell when you get it.

Looking forward to your feedback tuscon.

You will love it. I just got a M2 driver which I hit great on testing, but had a poor day with it today. Tempted to put my XXIO 8 back in the bag.

Two rounds in with the XXIO 8 driver and it feels like a keeper. I have a slow swing speed (~85) and have been gaming a 2015 Cleveland CG Black driver 12 degree with a senior shaft. The XXIO 8 is 10.5 degrees with a regular shaft. Some have commented on the shaft flex being too flexible. While it is true the regular XXIO shaft (MP800) feels like it flexes more than the CG Black senior shaft, it does not seem whippy when you make a swing. The sound of the XXIO is less muted than the CG Black, but not a bad sound. The trajectory of the XXIO is medium high compared to high with the CG Black but a more penetrating ball flight. The forgiveness on the XXIO seems a bit better than the CG Black but both are good for me. The big difference is distance. My average drives are 205-220 with the CG Black. I have been averaging 212-234 with the XXIO, a huge help for my game. I also was able to hit 5 drives with each on an open fairway. The 5 balls hit with the XXIO were the longest by 10-20 yards. Could be the honeymoon period, but so far this driver seems custom made for a slow swinging old guy.

That is some great stuff TD. Glad its working for you.

I have 10 rounds in with the XXIO 8 driver now. For me it is without a doubt the best driver I have ever had. Distance is still 8-15 yards longer on average. Trajectory varies a little between mid and high. Shot shape is straight to 10 yard draw with forgiveness that is off the charts. I am hitting 80% of fairways with the few misses being pushes. I have never had one club be so much fun and make so much difference to my game. If it was not for the reviews on THP I never would have taken the chance. I am glad I did.

I have 10 rounds in with the XXIO 8 driver now. For me it is without a doubt the best driver I have ever had. Distance is still 8-15 yards longer on average. Trajectory varies a little between mid and high. Shot shape is straight to 10 yard draw with forgiveness that is off the charts. I am hitting 80% of fairways with the few misses being pushes. I have never had one club be so much fun and make so much difference to my game. If it was not for the reviews on THP I never would have taken the chance. I am glad I did.

Great to hear that the club is working so well for you. How does the trajectory of the XXIO compare with your previous driver?

Great to hear that the club is working so well for you. How does the trajectory of the XXIO compare with your previous driver?

Maybe a little lower, but I had been using 12 degree drivers previously and the XXIO 8 is 10.5 degree. I am teeing it up about 1/2" higher which seems to make a difference.

been using straight xxio 8 golf set for almost a year now.. the feel off the club is just great. cant explain it. it is one of a kind.. fit for slow swing speed like me..

And the DRIVER .. sounds so crisp .. i have not heard anything sound like it. bought the set in singapore. paired with cleveland wedges and SC putter

Back