Callaway Apex CF 16 Irons Review Thread

As much as I like my 5 iron, I could see adding a 4 iron and taking out the 58

To me the 4i hits just as forgiving as the 5i and I have gotten more comfortable with it than any 4i I have ever hit. One day I will probably replace the 4i with a hybrid but that won't be anytime soon

I'm looking for suggestions and figured no better place to ask then here. I just bought a set of the CF16's with a makeup of 5-AW. In my past sets I have always had a 4 iron and haven't had a ton of trouble hitting it. However, in this set I thought I would get your guys thoughts on if I should stick with getting a 4 iron, go for a Apex Hybrid or even look at the Apex utility. My 4 iron has never been used a ton, I do like to use it off the tee occasionally for a low, drawing shot and I've also used it for hitting under trees. What do you guys think? Without looking through everyone's signatures, what do you use and what is your experience?

I have 5-AW and use a Apex 4H. It fits my gap perfectly and I ended up hitting it better than the 4I when I was getting fit. In my last set (Original Apex) I had a 4I and hit it decent enough, but not nearly as well as I've hit this Apex 4H. Granted, it's only been about 6 rounds worth of data, but so far really liking it.

I'm looking for suggestions and figured no better place to ask then here. I just bought a set of the CF16's with a makeup of 5-AW. In my past sets I have always had a 4 iron and haven't had a ton of trouble hitting it. However, in this set I thought I would get your guys thoughts on if I should stick with getting a 4 iron, go for a Apex Hybrid or even look at the Apex utility. My 4 iron has never been used a ton, I do like to use it off the tee occasionally for a low, drawing shot and I've also used it for hitting under trees. What do you guys think? Without looking through everyone's signatures, what do you use and what is your experience?
I was fit into 4-aw, I don't want to beat a dead horse, but don't sleep on those cf long irons. I ended up hitting the 4 iron better than the respective apex and xr hybrids. Also make sure to get fit. 3h wouldn't fill the gap correctly for me. Had to bump up to apex 2hy -1/2".

Thanks guys. I'll have to get in and demo the hybrid to see how I do with that. The problem in our area is they don't have a 4 iron to demo so I'll have to base my thoughts off of hitting the 5 iron. I am pretty excited to try the Apex hybrid though, the feedback sounds really good on it.

They're here....

49204f523b19b38c22090c63251ac188.jpg

Here is the comparison between my old 7 iron and the Apex 7 iron:
cce501a593c85a9c974c9a5dac5cd7fc.jpg

Dax

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The funny thing by looking at this thread is the volume of THP'ers in the early pages asking questions, and looking at their signature now, and seeing that they now game these irons... It's great....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The funny thing by looking at this thread is the volume of THP'ers in the early pages asking questions, and looking at their signature now, and seeing that they now game these irons... It's great....

I was a Mizuno iron loyalist until I hit these. They're the best irons I've ever gamed hands down!

I've been looking at the C200 and really couldn't find a fitter but these have caught my eye. Will look at these this weekend hopefully they have some testers with Recoil.

I just pulled the trigger after a fitting today. I ordered the Apex Cf 16 5-pw c-taper lite stiff. I cannot wait to get these clubs in hand.

Hi everybody, what do you think about the new combo ? Is there a good idea to mix little irons with long irons inclued cup face 360 ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Esg777, scheduled a fitting mon day and I would like test Kbs V- taper lite stiff. What' s your swing speed ? Regards

I think it is a great idea, adjusting the lofts so they all gap correctly and the greatness of the cup face in the longer irons and the Propoint and shoot short irons. Throw in the APEX 16 finish and it is a win all the way around IMO.

Hi everybody, what do you think about the new combo ? Is there a good idea to mix little irons with long irons inclued cup face 360 ?

I was a Mizuno iron loyalist until I hit these. They're the best irons I've ever gamed hands down!

Wow, now that is an endorsement! I'm a Mizuno guy myself, but these have definitely peaked my interest! I'll be hitting them the first chance I get and a few others to see what makes the cut for me!

Thx jim54 for your point of view. But i'm afraid that little irons forged are less forgiven because there are too more closed than apex pro 16.

Wow, now that is an endorsement! I'm a Mizuno guy myself, but these have definitely peaked my interest! I'll be hitting them the first chance I get and a few others to see what makes the cut for me!

You'll be blown away! I had a set of 850 Forged for about a month and swapped them out for the CF 16s. I couldn't be happier!

I think it is a great idea, adjusting the lofts so they all gap correctly and the greatness of the cup face in the longer irons and the Propoint and shoot short irons. Throw in the APEX 16 finish and it is a win all the way around IMO.

but the cup face isn't present in the shorter irons in the regular cf16 is it? I guess I don't understand why the combo set is necessary? options, I suppose, but what does it offer that cf16 all the way down doesn't?

but the cup face isn't present in the shorter irons in the regular cf16 is it? I guess I don't understand why the combo set is necessary? options, I suppose, but what does it offer that cf16 all the way down doesn't?

Different feel, different profile... Could be anything really

Slightly smaller profile in the shorter irons and personal preference with the shorter pros over the shorter CF16. Other than that I guess it is not really necessary. But if you look at it that way why are there multiple styles of blade and mallet putters when they all do basically the same thing in their class. Just different color apples...

Well, tracking info received. Looks like this may be the last weekend I am carrying my current gamers.

Got to hit these again today for the first time in over a month. It was simulator golf, but these still feel great. Had some really nice flush hits. I just love swinging these irons.

Even though I've had some of the best iron striking rounds in my life w/ the CF16/Modus Tour 130 combo, I've got to move on to different shafts for the sake of my joints.

I won a set of i95s on ebay yesterday & will be getting them installed as soon as possible. I hope they give me the same ball flight, but with more speed & less impact to my joints.

Well, tracking info received. Looks like this may be the last weekend I am carrying my current gamers.

I received my tracking info at the same time you did. Are yours coming out of Monterrey, Mexico? If so, I am tracking UPS aircraft and our export scan was just after their daily flight to Louisville left Monterrey. I had two-day air so I am hoping to have these in hand on Friday.

I received my tracking info at the same time you did. Are yours coming out of Monterrey, Mexico? If so, I am tracking UPS aircraft and our export scan was just after their daily flight to Louisville left Monterrey. I had two-day air so I am hoping to have these in hand on Friday.
Mine are coming from Mexico as well. I just got normal shipping so not sure when I will see them as the expected arrival date hasn't been posted yet.

I am pumped.

I was fit into 4-aw, I don't want to beat a dead horse, but don't sleep on those cf long irons. I ended up hitting the 4 iron better than the respective apex and xr hybrids. Also make sure to get fit. 3h wouldn't fill the gap correctly for me. Had to bump up to apex 2hy -1/2".

It was because of gaping concerns that I ordered mine 1 degree strong, so the lofts would match my previous set of X2 Hot irons... I'm playing this Saturday, so we'll get the gapping figured out...

Dax

Back