Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

Hello everyone in Chicagoland. Not a huge member to online forum golf but this is one of the threads I read when I come here. I'm living across the border but would still like to hook up with you guys if you don't mind! On another note , I usually head down to Plymouth Indiana to play this time of year. They don't get the snow by the lake like we have. Might be out of the way for guys on here; but they are open year round weather permitting.

Hello everyone in Chicagoland. Not a huge member to online forum golf but this is one of the threads I read when I come here. I'm living across the border but would still like to hook up with you guys if you don't mind! On another note , I usually head down to Plymouth Indiana to play this time of year. They don't get the snow by the lake like we have. Might be out of the way for guys on here; but they are open year round weather permitting.
Welcome sir!

Welcome!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Welcome Paul!

I think dubs is $155 all the time other than twilight when it's $100? Adam would know for sure, he plays #2 every week.

And ... Let me know when you have a date, I'm in if possible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah. Dubs is $155 until 2p then it "drops" to $100.

Count me in for Dubs. My 2nd lowest round of my life was here a few years back. I shot a 78 off the very back tees. I was a 13 handicap at the time but every shot went perfect that day. Would love to go back and see how i do again

Welcome, Paul!

Sounds like I'm spending some coin on at least a couple of top notch courses this summer. Dubs for sure, and I'm hoping to get a round in at Erin Hills as well.

For Dubs, maybe a morning round in the area that's a bit less expensive, and then an afternoon closing round at Dubs?

Sooo... I know scheduling is tough, especially when we haven't even started the season, and some of us are aiming for THP events as well, but what about the possibility for a "southern double" and a "northern double" sometime during the season?... 36 holes around/at Cog Hill. 36 holes around/at Thunderhawk/Shepherds Crook. Not on the same, nor consecutive weekends. Maybe even spaced out a few monhts. Thoughts?

Sooo... I know scheduling is tough, especially when we haven't even started the season, and some of us are aiming for THP events as well, but what about the possibility for a "southern double" and a "northern double" sometime during the season?... 36 holes around/at Cog Hill. 36 holes around/at Thunderhawk/Shepherds Crook. Not on the same, nor consecutive weekends. Maybe even spaced out a few monhts. Thoughts?

Was talking to DH about this over the weekend. Yes please!

Was talking to DH about this over the weekend. Yes please!

Yup. He mentioned you guys chatting about it. Didn't really get off the ground last year, but we'll give it a go in '16.

Sorry,I'm going to do dubs dread during the week mid morning early afternoon.If all goes well I might pay to play another 9 on dubs or the ravine.Weekends are completely out for me with car shows

Ummmmmm HELL yes

I would deff be in for the sheps/t.hawk day. Dubs and another course might be too rich for my blood....but I'm sure I could be talked into it.

I would deff be in for the sheps/t.hawk day. Dubs and another course might be too rich for my blood....but I'm sure I could be talked into it.

I like golf!

How is Shepherd's Crook? Never had a chance to get up there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We've been saying this for two years right? '16 the year we play?

I need to play golf! I am doing whatever I can to get out this weekend!

I need to play golf! I am doing whatever I can to get out this weekend!
Drive southwest sir! Supposed to snow Wednesday :-(

Wouldn't mind making a run to Rend Lake. 5 hours south. Might find some courses open.

Wouldn't mind making a run to Rend Lake. 5 hours south. Might find some courses open.
The snow is supposed to stay east so maybe Bloomington/Normal would be a good spot.

Drive southwest sir! Supposed to snow Wednesday :-(
That's just the most depressing news ever after it being near 60* this past weekend! Stupid Illinois weather!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Back