What was your best round of 2018? What will it be in 2019?

81 at Kokopelli GC (Gilbert, AZ) was my low round of 2018. I would like to shoot at least one sub-80 round in 2019.

Best round was +5 77 at my home course. My goal is to shoot even par at least once this year.

-1 (69). However, I still have the ability to post in the low 90's. :)

-4, 68 at barely over 6,600 yards.

Obliterated my previous best of +1 and I'd beat that previous best multiple times during the season.

2019 likely signals back surgery and/or aggressive physical therapy for my back, so it's the great unknown.

But...

I entered 2018 with barely better prospects as to my back and admittedly, a dismal outlook, yet it turned out to be my best season by far.

I shot a 74 early in the season with our club pro and a couple buddies at my home course.

This year my goal is to shoot even par, something I've never been able to do.

My focus has been on having a handicap that travels well and translates in tournament play. So mine are two gross 3-over rounds in tournaments from the tips and a 3-over round I had on a high index course I had never played before.

In 2017, I played the best 2 months of my life, broke 80 four or five times (including two 75s) and was looking forward to 2018. Scoring wise, though, 2018 was pretty forgettable. I think my lowest round was a 77 from 6700-6800 yards and I don't see any other rounds under 80 in 2017. The coolest score-related accomplishment for me last year was probably going 70 holes in a row without a 3-putt.

Shot 1 over at Rockliffe hall off some silly long tees at 7200 yards. Was chuffed to bits.

Want to hit and break par this year and I'll be happy with a few rounds in the 90's if I break par

Didn't break 80 this year, which was disappointing. However, my best round was an 84. I did shot even par on 9 for the first time though.

With a kid on the way in 2019, my golf expectations are not high. I'd like to see 81 or better again though. Always nice to be single digits over.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Had a number of rounds where I shot under par on the back nine after an ok front. I think the best was a 4 birdie back nine....

I think my best 18hole score was -2? It doesn’t really matter as I feel I had a fantastic year and averaged 74-78. As long as I have that kind of year with ups and downs and hopefully more practice I’ll be thrilled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 marked a return to golf for me so my best round was not so great. I've found a new swing coach (HUGE thanks to A.T. for pointing out a flaw in my swing that was put there by my former coach), and I'm looking into joining a club to sort of force me to get out more. I'm gaming for a best round in the low 80's this year.

My best round of 2018 was a 77 on a par 71. First and only time (so far) breaking 80. My goal for 2019 is to have more rounds in the 80's than the 90's and to have 3 sub 80 rounds.

+5 77 at Lexington Oaks earlier this year which included a Quad on 18. Fun.

This year? Breaking 80 again would be pretty cool. I only did it twice in 2018.

I shot -3 (68) several times and on one of those occasions only made par on 2 of the 3 par fives. Also, shot my age(73) or under quite a few times.

It was an off year for me for sure. The index has creeped up over 3 strokes and ballstriking had pretty much gone to the wayside. But I'm back on track and looking to set some personal bests. My lowest round for 2018 was one of the only decent rounds I had in 2018. I shot 75 on my par 71 home course. My goal for 2019 will be to shoot even par on this course.

My best round of 2018 was a 91, my goal was to break 90. My goal going into 2019 will be again, to break 90. I WILL DO IT THIS YEAR!!

Last year was my first full year back( 15 rounds or so ) golfing in probably 12ish years. I have some things to work on, but I will do it.

Shot 81 3 times last year. Best round was 7/5/18 at Poquoy Brook from 6300. Shot 40-41 with 28 putts. Hopefully I can sneak in a few more low scores this year but nagging back pain is getting worse.

My best round of 2018 was on May 18th and I shot an 81. That was also a tie for my personal best. Since them I have gone the opposite direction and have really struggled (especially from the tee box). So I hope to be able to get to 81 again in 2019.

My best round of 2018 (and ever) was 67 (-5) on my home course from about 6,750. I think the rating/slope is 73.1/132. To be honest, my game isn't good enough that it's realistic for me to set a goal of shooting lower than that. So my goal for 2019 is to break 70 multiple times during the season.

I managed a -1 (72) at my home course. Don't get too excited, the course rating ends up being 5 under par or something like that, but it was a fun barrier to break.

In 2018 I broke 80 for the first time shooting a 75 with a -1 on the back nine. It’s one of the easier (69.7/120) courses in my area.

This year my goal is to break 80 on my home course where my personal best is 82.

Beat round of 2018 was my first time posting a 79. Course wasn't all that difficult but I managed to limit mistakes which usually plague me in the end.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I shot an 86 on a smaller course near my home. The score was my best, but the ease of that round was unreal. I was just swinging and hitting great shots.

2019 best round will be the fifth round of 2019 where I am sub 90. That will cement in my mind that I reached that particular goal (being able to shoot sub 90 with regularity).

Shot an 80. Looking to break 80 this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I shot under par for the first time this year. And that's with a bogey on the last hole for a -1. I've been as much as -4 at the turn before. But, the back 9 has OB and water on almost every hole. I've crumbles under pressure many times back there.

This coming season, I hope to shoot under par multiple times. I'm not aiming for a score as I will be happy as a clam just to be under par and don't want to add any additional pressure. If I broke 70, which I know I have the talent to do, it would be icing on the cake.

Back