Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you bought the apple vinegar spray - they sell it in pets stores and we spray it on the base of furniture - they hate the taste and won't chew. We have a 10 week old pup right now and she has given me a few bitter faces!
She doesn't really chew furniture, just things that have stuffing or are soft. I think it's more on us than her.

I made the mistake of feeding her in her cage while she was younger and now am trying to get her to eat outside of her cage and going longer between feedings since she just runs in her face and won't come out when it's feeding time. so I think she is just hungry and wants to eat.

Im taking care of my mom's dog this week, she loves the attention so much I can't even get far enough to take a good picture.
7287d6920d1237c11e3581c8f7692a99.jpg

f02575a1949a65f5dccd14d26842481c.jpg

Two buddies waiting patiently for doggies biscuits

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Lazy Saturday with these boys.
952b327196a251ae6b401103f80cda04.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Friends of ours just got a French bulldog.

eda09028c57ce8da3d46750c748c50ba.jpg

Always sleeping, always snuggling

36a50e3a1becf040849e9d86e0d70488.jpg

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

The old man loves pillows.

7736705be5e4e4d0c7a08ba319123274.jpg

Snug as a bug like old friends!

2cb998f20fd7a14de3be9199315ff823.jpg

Well, I knew the time was coming that I would have to post this in here. Our Lady is at the Vet right now on some IVs to see if it will perk her up at all so we can get her home.
Things have been declining for a few months now, and this weekend was a tough one, and one that really got our attention. She has been having all kinds of sinus issues, been on every antibiotic they could give her, and the situation gets better for a day or two then actually gets worse.
They were shocked to find that her blood work came back just about perfectly normal, especially for a 14 year old, and were a bit confused. We sat down with both of the vets that have been treating her since we moved here in 2005, and they both agree they think she might have a tumor in her sinus cavity or somewhere up there that is causing the constant infections. (I think they're doing more, and xrays, but I kind of lost some consciousness for a minute in there!)
On top of all those issues, she's really been having a very difficult time with her right rear leg (arthritis) and barely puts weight on it anymore. It's common now that I have to carry her up and down our stairs. She didn't eat anything all weekend, but did drink some water. She even totally ignored the pot roast the wife made last night, which is like me turning down a good hamburger. And, again this morning, she wouldn't touch the ham that we wrap her other meds in and also the bacon snacks she loves.

We think it might be time to let her go. All she does is lie in bed, now, and it's gotten a lot worse the last week or so. Last night, before we went to bed, we were laying with her and loving on her and we noticed her eyes were just not 'right'. I can't even provide a word that would describe her look, but it was just sort of vacant. She recognizes us all, and wags her tail once or twice when she sees us, but I think the old girl is tired. I was actually a bit surprised she made it through the night. She can barely breath because of the sinus problems and just seems aggravated with it all. We discussed planning a time, maybe Friday after work, to have the vet come to the house. There's no way I want her in a place she freaking hates for her last minutes. I would prefer her at home with the wife and our son and in a comfortable, loving environment. And it's a 3-day weekend for my job so I will have some time alone to recuperate as much as I can. I know, now, how easy it is to be selfish and keep them around, but also wanting to let them go to be in a better place.

I have truly felt the sadness the last few times you all have posted similar things in this thread because I knew it was coming for us, too. I guess I'm only posting this (in quite a dusty office I might add!) to get it off my chest. The two pictures are; the first day we brought her home, and the picture I took at the vet's before we left...just in case. Thanks for listening to my rambling. Think of her for us.

MVC-353F_zpspy8cajpp.jpg

LadySmall_zps8xj1zooh.jpg

14 years, 2 months.

Great picture. We have a 6 year old dog and pup right now and the pup is always sleeping on the 6 year old.
The silver on the right is a rescue we have had for about 9 months now. It's been a long, long journey to get to this point of trust for her (we are thinking either abuse or bullying by a bigger dog in her past life), but now she has clung to the chocolate like glue. They are good with toys, treats, you name it. Early on, if he got too close to her food bowl she would attack. Animals are amazing, makes me hate people that won't change for the better even more.

Well, I knew the time was coming that I would have to post this in here. Our Lady is at the Vet right now on some IVs to see if it will perk her up at all so we can get her home.
Things have been declining for a few months now, and this weekend was a tough one, and one that really got our attention. She has been having all kinds of sinus issues, been on every antibiotic they could give her, and the situation gets better for a day or two then actually gets worse.
They were shocked to find that her blood work came back just about perfectly normal, especially for a 14 year old, and were a bit confused. We sat down with both of the vets that have been treating her since we moved here in 2005, and they both agree they think she might have a tumor in her sinus cavity or somewhere up there that is causing the constant infections. (I think they're doing more, and xrays, but I kind of lost some consciousness for a minute in there!)
On top of all those issues, she's really been having a very difficult time with her right rear leg (arthritis) and barely puts weight on it anymore. It's common now that I have to carry her up and down our stairs. She didn't eat anything all weekend, but did drink some water. She even totally ignored the pot roast the wife made last night, which is like me turning down a good hamburger. And, again this morning, she wouldn't touch the ham that we wrap her other meds in and also the bacon snacks she loves.

We think it might be time to let her go. All she does is lie in bed, now, and it's gotten a lot worse the last week or so. Last night, before we went to bed, we were laying with her and loving on her and we noticed her eyes were just not 'right'. I can't even provide a word that would describe her look, but it was just sort of vacant. She recognizes us all, and wags her tail once or twice when she sees us, but I think the old girl is tired. I was actually a bit surprised she made it through the night. She can barely breath because of the sinus problems and just seems aggravated with it all. We discussed planning a time, maybe Friday after work, to have the vet come to the house. There's no way I want her in a place she freaking hates for her last minutes. I would prefer her at home with the wife and our son and in a comfortable, loving environment. And it's a 3-day weekend for my job so I will have some time alone to recuperate as much as I can. I know, now, how easy it is to be selfish and keep them around, but also wanting to let them go to be in a better place.

I have truly felt the sadness the last few times you all have posted similar things in this thread because I knew it was coming for us, too. I guess I'm only posting this (in quite a dusty office I might add!) to get it off my chest. The two pictures are; the first day we brought her home, and the picture I took at the vet's before we left...just in case. Thanks for listening to my rambling. Think of her for us.

14 years, 2 months.

Sorry to read this brother. I know how hard this is, I've been there before. They truly are a part of the family. My thought are with you.

MVC-353F_zpspy8cajpp.jpg

14 years, 2 months.
Cherish the time left my man. Treat her like a queen with all the peanut butter and steak and treats imaginable! Thoughts are with you all during this time.

The silver on the right is a rescue we have had for about 9 months now. It's been a long, long journey to get to this point of trust for her (we are thinking either abuse or bullying by a bigger dog in her past life), but now she has clung to the chocolate like glue. They are good with toys, treats, you name it. Early on, if he got too close to her food bowl she would attack. Animals are amazing, makes me hate people that won't change for the better even more.

Good for you for sticking with it. I have an incredible soft spot for animals, not so much for humans.

Sorry to read this, she looks like a beautiful family member. I'm certain you'll do what is best for her.

MVC-353F_zpspy8cajpp.jpg

14 years, 2 months.

What a precious love our dogs can bring to us! They can't say it but we sure see it in their eyes, affection, and devotion they give us! Sorry to hear this. 14 years is a beautiful life for her!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MVC-353F_zpspy8cajpp.jpg

14 years, 2 months.

My thoughts and prayers are with you Sean.

Like Tyler said, cherish every minute you have left her.

Sorry Sean.

Sean I am so sorry! I type this through flowing tears, because it was a year ago this time that we had to do the same with Duke. My heart absolutely breaks for you, we will keep you all in our thoughts and prayers.

Sorry to hear this T0AD. Those are always tough decisions to make. Lots of treats and attention for her. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

So sorry to hear that Sean. Hopefully you can give her love and make her as comfortable as you can. Thoughts are with you.

I'm sorry Toad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back