What was your best round of 2018? What will it be in 2019?

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Title says it all, what was your highlight of the 2018 scoring season? What is the goal for best round in 2019?

• Staff
Mine was a -3 69 on a par 72 from 6650. Had been one of my initial 2018 goals so it was good to accomplish it for sure.

This year, I want to break 70 at three different courses rather than trying to focus on lower than 69.

I didn’t have a banner year for great scoring but my best round was +9 as 12 handicap. It was a rare good scoring day this year.

For 2019, I’d like to have a +6 round. Progression but something I’ve done before, even if not for a while.

Broke 80 for the first time at my home course (6520 yards, 72.2/145) in May after trying for 2 years. I was struggling with my driver so I left it at home and used a 3 wood off the tee box. Short and iron games were solid that day. Finished with a 78.

I'd be thrilled with a 77 in 2019.

I went pretty damn low one time in Florida on a course I’d never seen before. That was a lot of fun.

Goal for 2019 is 63 on my home course. I think it’s doable.

Best round was a -2 70 at Escena in Palm Springs.
I'd love to break 70 going forward.

Best score was a +2 72 during my golf-a-thon. Really had things clicking for a stretch during the mid-to-late morning.

-1 71 was best in 2018. -3 69 will be best in 2019.

My best 18 was 82 on my home course this year. My best 9 was even par 36, best 9 hole score ever. My goal this year it to break 80.

I managed a 93, not bad in my first year playing! Next year I'm hoping to keep my scores in the 90s and hopefully bust into the 80s.

But my best favoritest round ever was playing with @Sean and the amazing 93 year old Jim, who has been playing for 73 years and plays every single day. He used to walk 36 daily, but now generally carts 9 and is a bit more weather-dependent these days. However, despite being 93 and playing from the green tees, the man is a par machine. And he's the most positive happy golfer I've had the joy to play with!

Shot 77 on the last day of the year at the home course which was also my record (ok, not official since up here hcp season is over). 13 fairways, 13 GIR, 14 pars, 3 bogys, 1 double. And finished with 4 pars (i.e. no choking...). Broke 80 4x in 2018 but goal for 2019 is to do it more consistently and also on a couple of different courses.

Best round was 4th of July, 2 over par 74.
Goal for 2019 is to shoot a round of par or below.

Last edited:
74 from around 6,400 iirc. i was randomly paired with a girl from china who said she plays in the chinese girls national team. her swing was awesome to watch, and i seem to play my best when around really good golfers. i hit a ton of greens and made some good putts.

i don’t know what 2019 holds. probably about the same as 2018. i would like to shoot level par again like i did in 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Even par 72 in June. Shot 3 under 33 on the front with 4 birdies in a row, and had a total of 6 birdies but ran into a few bogeys on the back. All of those were career bests other than the 72.

No idea for 2019. My rounds were way down this year and likely will be again next year. I'd guess my scoring will not be quite as good as when I played my best a few years ago. Just hope to continue to have fun.

Best round was +2 in July. Still didn’t get to break par in 2018 as that was one of my goals last year. With the little guy, it made golf less frequent and just didn’t play enough really.

Thinking 2019 should be better with the ability to play more which hopefully gives me a better chance to break par. I know it’s there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best Round was at a Society day at Hayling Island Golf club. Shot 43 points and won the day.

Best round was a 3 over 74 at my home course.

Best hole was an eagle at the 10th at the Brabazon. Drove the green and drained the putt. Profile picture

Shot 81 four times. Just couldn't get under 80 again. Had a couple of 38 and 39 nine hole scores, but couldn't get two good nines together.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I was in the high nineties most of my rounds this year. Last week I shot an 85 on Friday and an 84 on Saturday.

Best round was a +3 75 at my home course

Beating that in 2019 is going to take some doing

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Shot -1 on 9 at Goat Hill with only irons (short but hilly course). Best 18 was even par a couple times. I would love to break par on 18 in 2019.

I only matched or broke net par five times this season. April was my best month with 84 at Cobblestone Park, 83 at Rutgers, and my low score of 82 at Forsgate.

I need to break 80 in 2019..it's been too long.

Shot a 73 at Ibis...I am 73 years old.
2019. Shoot lower than my age as I have shot my age 5 times (71-73)

My best round was a 77 with 31 putts and Navy Marine from the whites. My PB is still 76 and one of my golf goals is to shoot an even par round so I aim to accomplish that in 2019!

Shot -1 on 9 at Goat Hill with only irons (short but hilly course). Best 18 was even par a couple times. I would love to break par on 18 in 2019.

The Goat was great, wish I could go back there sometime again!

The Goat was great, wish I could go back there sometime again!

Agreed, absolutely loved playing there. So happy we had time to squeeze 9 in.

Back