DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your class is at the Naval Air Station, Hawks Creek is next door. Great track. Reasonable prices.
That's where we'll be. Since hawks is so close, we'll probably try to play our twilight rounds there depending when we get released. I have to check itinerary, but I'd be up for an afternoon round on the 17th.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Sugar Tree GC (about 40 minutes west of d'town Ft Worth)
(251 SugarTree Drive, Lipan, TX 76462 US)
Worth the drive to play this "Hidden Gem"

11:10AM
Sunday, 4/3

4 spots:

1) Staticline
2) Capt.dru
3) mpete (maybe)
4) Open

Got a spot open for anyone that wants to play a good, fun track with bent grass greens.

Anyone have any info on Waxahachie CC? Our team is playing a tourney there next week and there is very little info on the web about it. A pic of the scoreboard would be awesome too.

Anyone have any info on Waxahachie CC? Our team is playing a tourney there next week and there is very little info on the web about it. A pic of the scoreboard would be awesome too.

If I'm not mistaken Mathew plays there.

I was a member there a year or so ago but haven't been by there in 9-10 months.

The greens are fairly small but the play was usually to be short and run it up on the green unless you can get one to stop pretty quick. It's pretty wide open and will tolerate big misses in either direction.

I'll see if I have an old card around the house somewhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was a member there a year or so ago but haven't been by there in 9-10 months.

The greens are fairly small but the play was usually to be short and run it up on the green unless you can get one to stop pretty quick. It's pretty wide open and will tolerate big misses in either direction.

I'll see if I have an old card around the house somewhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That would be awesome. This trny is all 6-8th graders. Lots of beginners. We're playing 9 holes from the Red (Forward) tees. Good to know that direction won't be a big concern. I did see a course layout, with about 3 forced carries over water. I told my wife (coach) to get there early with the white paint and make a drop circle on the green side of the water.

That would be awesome. This trny is all 6-8th graders. Lots of beginners. We're playing 9 holes from the Red (Forward) tees. Good to know that direction won't be a big concern. I did see a course layout, with about 3 forced carries over water. I told my wife (coach) to get there early with the white paint and make a drop circle on the green side of the water.

If I remember correctly, from the forward tees #8 is the only one with a forced carry over water. I'm pretty sure the others are on the green side of the water.

They do have yardage books at the course.

If I remember correctly, from the forward tees #8 is the only one with a forced carry over water. I'm pretty sure the others are on the green side of the water.

They do have yardage books at the course.

Cool. I'll make a run over there this w/e and pick one up. Thanks for the info!

To all my northern Yankee Texans, we are trying to get some rough plans for a south vs north Texas sort of event some time this year. Any interest on your side of the state? Obviously, very preliminary in the planning, but Pine Dunes was thrown out as a possible locale for the event. Thinking maybe 12-16 people (or more!) since the Houston group is considerably smaller than DFW. Maybe you can cede us San Antonio in the territorial bargaining? Obviously we don't want anyone left out that will be able to attend, so we can work on teams and whatnot as we gauge interest.

To all my northern Yankee Texans, we are trying to get some rough plans for a south vs north Texas sort of event some time this year. Any interest on your side of the state? Obviously, very preliminary in the planning, but Pine Dunes was thrown out as a possible locale for the event. Thinking maybe 12-16 people (or more!) since the Houston group is considerably smaller than DFW. Maybe you can cede us San Antonio in the territorial bargaining? Obviously we don't want anyone left out that will be able to attend, so we can work on teams and whatnot as we gauge interest.

I'm interested. Especially at Pine Dunes, I have wanted to play that course for a long time. I drive by it going to my in law's lake house nest door on Lake Frankston. Wife and I had a tee time there once, but a storm cancelled it for us, just can't get it in the schedule for some reason.

I would definitely be up for that!

sounds interesting, would love to meet fellow Texans THP'ers

Sounds awesome!!

Sounds like fun. Depending on timing, I would definitely want to take part.

Im interested as well.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I'm interested. Would enjoy getting back to Pine Dunes.

I would be down for Pine Dunes again.

I'm only playing if Triple Bogie Tim plays. I'm in if he's in.

My team came in 4th shooting a 62, but won my first trophy playing this silly game we love
208bf49bf64003023c43f241dfb3b46d.jpg

Another question for you guys. Any good local breweries to check out?

Another question for you guys. Any good local breweries to check out?

Lots of them. Four Corners and Franconia come to mind. Kapsularian is a good source for that.

Idealgolfer has the Cowboy deal again. Only $79 this time, and good until June. Only catch is it has to be after 2:30. Big Time and I have already purchased one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back