THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

Quick question for all the hopefuls will getting information about format, signups or any other details change your preparation for this event?

Nah I don't think so honestly, I'm going to just do me and let the chips fall where they may. I've stressed out over events in the past and it wasn't worth it lol.

Nah I don't think so honestly, I'm going to just do me and let the chips fall where they may. I've stressed out over events in the past and it wasn't worth it lol.
Yeah I hear ya. Like we talked about before I am not good enough at golf to get stressed out about a competition.

Quick question for all the hopefuls will getting information about format, signups or any other details change your preparation for this event?

Yeah I hear ya. Like we talked about before I am not good enough at golf to get stressed out about a competition.

Pretty much what TheCrest said. I'm going to prepare to have my game in the best shape it's been in years, regardless if I mAke the team and regardless of any format.

If if I can make the improvement I plan to, I'll be ready for any format.

Especially the format called DMVVictory!!

Last edited:

Don't think it changes preparation at all.

No. I've already made plans to change my game this year and become a better golfer, so the Regional Rivalry will just help keep me focused on improving.

Tomorrow we get news of some sort, you guys ready to have some fun?

Im im ready for some fun and to see how THP is going to blow our minds even more

No change in my prep. My prep isn't necessarily for this specific event, but to be better regardless if I get in or not

Good news is the best kind of news and tomorrow will reveal the best news in weeks!

Not in the least. My goals stay the same. If I don't get selected, I'll be jealous but will route for everyone involved and continue to be ready if another opportunity presents it self. Good luck to everyone on both sides as we are all THP BROTHERS.

The only change I would make is if the scoring system was announced to be Stableford. I'd have to brush up on the scoring rules . Of course, I don't anticipate that happening, so I'd say my preparation stays pretty much the same.

Don't think anything will change my preparation. Make the team or not I will continue to work on improving my game. If I don't make the team, I will be standing in the wings in case someone cannot make the event.

Exactly. This is my game plan as well.
Don't think anything will change my preparation. Make the team or not I will continue to work on improving my game. If I don't make the team, I will be standing in the wings in case someone cannot make the event.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Coming out of the woodwork, just hope those not selected hang around and get involved in other events and local gatherings.

Most definitely. This will be right after my 20th wedding anniversary so even if I don't play, I might sneak down for the day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good stuff guys so excited to see everyone so pumped for this epic event!

T2GRN18, you have a tough job tonight. Going to be some real happy people and some disappointed people come tomorrow, but you've done a great job and I know you will bring the trophy to the DMV. Even if I don't make the team this has gotten me on the road to what I think will be a great season and gotten me talking with some great people that I hope to play golf with real soon. And that's what it's all about!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No need to change anything. I practice a lot regardless.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

It's ok dude I'll go easy on your boys in July lol.

Ron and I have a history of victory together and I don't see that changing any time soon, you guys will be holding on to something tight but it wont be our trophy, maybe you guys can hug it out or something. I did see kleenex has a new commercial where we can send someone tissues for free or something, send me your teams addresses and I'll get some sent out in advance lol.
Opinions vary...!

I don't think so Jessie. I'm just doing what I can to get my.
game the best it can - let things fall into place from there
Can't wait for tomorrow!

I don't think so Jessie. I'm just doing what I can to get my.
game the best it can - let things fall into place from there
Can't wait for tomorrow!
I second this Jessie, not much changing in my end either.

Tomorrow will be exciting can't wait.

I can at least give you guys cost now, so you are not waiting.
$129

JB, that's the easy part! Tomorrow is the day with the anxiety! Thanks for the info!

I can at least give you guys cost now, so you are not waiting.
$129

Cheap!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who should I make the check out to?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The putter work has been working and paying off. Only 1 three putt today and three one putts. No matter where I was, I knew I could get down in two putts which is a feeling I'm not sure I've ever had before. Not sure the last time I averaged less than 2 putts over a full 18.

Irons were solid and wedge game was good. A little problem in the tee box today but I think it was mostly the lack of swings it has gotten since the new year.

I think my game is trending in the right way going into the event, with the short game showing steady improvement. Winter practice will lead to spring and summer thriving.

Got out for 9 today. Didn't spend much time on the greens, just wanted to get out and hit some balls on real grass. Played the blades again and have definitely decided to keep them in the bag. They're a club shorter than my Apex Pros, but that's to be expected with the stronger lofts on the Callaways. Will get them reshafted (still have the original Alta shafts) and hope to game them in Virginia later this summer

a0af02e3ee41516ea6b8d8fdb8d69a82.jpg

Back