One Single Course For The PGA Championship

Caves Valley C.C in MD. Hosted Seniors event and the first international crown for lpga. Bonus is close to the house so I can go every year

A beautiful place for sure.

Streamsong?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Butler National or Shadow Creek.

Acadia Bluffs. That course has PGA Championship written all over it. Only downside would be logistics.

Acadia Bluffs. That course has PGA Championship written all over it. Only downside would be logistics.
How far is it from anything significant? They've stretched it somewhat for both majors held/to be held in Wisconsin with Milwaukee being 50 or so miles away (both courses virtually in the middle of nowhere)

Edit: I fail at reading comprehension.
Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

How far is it from anything significant? They've stretched it somewhat for both majors held/to be held in Wisconsin with Milwaukee being 50 or so miles away (both courses virtually in the middle of nowhere)

Man that is tough to say. Closest airport that I can think of is Traverse City and that is small.

One Single Course For The PGA Championship

The Golf Club in New Albany, OH. Top 50 course in the world, Pete Dye track with input from a then 27 year old Jack Nicklaus, extremely limited membership, all male restriction, etc. Its probably the highest rated course that basically no one has ever head of. Would serve as a great rival to the Masters/August combination, given the limited accessibility of the course.

Pretty sure no one will mention this course, and I am partial to this course.
I know a PGA event let alone a major probably will never happen even in my dreams.... Stanford University golf course
Still one of my favorite courses, not just because of personal reasons.

A realistic choice would be Bandon.

Pine Valley

Walker cup?
Well, my other thought was Cypress, but it used to be part of the Clam Bake rotation, so it's out. If PV is out too then I have to go back to the drawing board.

The Quarry at Giants Ridge...total homer choice but that area and course in the fall is incredible.

The Fightin' Joe. RTJ Golf Trail. Muscle Shoals, AL. Beautiful course. 8092 yards from the tips, 78.7/138 Rating.

Alotian Club

For those that say Bandon, do you mean the original Bandon Dunes? Not my favorite of the 4 and they would have to severely tweak it (possibly mix in some of the holes from the other courses to even get a chance at the distance needed (currently 6732 from the tips).

The longest of the 4 is Old Mac at 6944. I have never played there in July, but to me it would play too much like the British with the weather really dictating the score.

I would second TPC Harding Park as it is a good track in a fantastic city and would give me the chance to go every year.

Isn't that a million miles from civilization? Asking for a friend.[/

.....it is a little over 3 hours from Minneapolis...maybe we need an unofficial THP event (MN-WI) to determine if is too far?

What about the Hideaway? Would it be too easy for the pros? Also, around that same area, the Quarry is absolutely gorgeous

Caves Valley C.C in MD. Hosted Seniors event and the first international crown for lpga. Bonus is close to the house so I can go every year

I second this, loved this track

I think Pine Valley would be freaking sweet, but not sure the members would go for it there.

I actually think Streamsong could work really well. The blue and red are close enough that they could do a composite if they wanted, and they are building a third course now, with a 4th in the works so they could tweak those to be what the PGA is looking for. Parking would be no issue, it's a little remote but far from inaccessible.

Reading these threads, I realize how little I've actually traveled and played really nice courses. Something I need to work on.

Back