PXG GEN 2 Drivers

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The company is releasing their newest line and while the previously lineup was priced at $850, the new ones will be coming in at $575.

The goal here is to increase distance by decreasing spin and adding more adjustability in the 0811X and to increase forgiveness in the 0811XF. They get an updated composite crown which PXG says is crucial to adding more distance. The screws are there, but altered as they move to a slightly heavier set and the 0811XF brings in weights in the back with a draw bias. Inside they have a honeycomb TPE (plastic) structure that decreases vibration and is there to enhance the sound.

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Ferikmatuszewski%2Ffiles%2F2019%2F01%2FPXG-resized-1200x800.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Ferikmatuszewski%2Ffiles%2F2019%2F01%2FPXG-Gen-2-driver-1-1200x800.jpg

I think it's the best looking driver they have released at this point.

Like the looks of that and the new price is more palatable! PXG has made some beautiful drivers the price just kept me out of trying them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting they were able to go to composite crown and lower the price by $275. And that is a very good looking driver.

Well I didn't see this coming in at the price point announced. That's a HUGE change. Also looks pretty darn good!

I think it's the best looking driver they have released at this point.

I agree 100%. I am a fan of the looks

That's a surprising release. Good looking driver. And, at a price point that rivals the main stream OEM's. I wonder what kind of shaft options they'll have.

I wonder if that means I'll actually see these at retail. In a smaller golf market so some things just don't show up around here.

Wow. I really like the looks of this one.

*cough* taylor *cough* made *cough* :doh:

It looks like a stealthed out m3 from the top. Sole still looks awesome

Glad they lowered the price, and looks pretty good. Any word on no-upcharge shafts?

At address it looks pretty cool to me, the "X" adds an aggressive look in my opinion. Guessing the reduced cost is to gain more demand vs. finding ways to lower the costs, but wouldn't be surprised if it's a combination of the two.

Doesn’t actually look terrible, and at a 575 price point, that’s more in lines of a feasible driver. All it takes is a few good custom shaft options and that’s around what people would pay anyway.

A very solid price point and the looks are much improved over the last version.

Well I didn't see this coming in at the price point announced. That's a HUGE change. Also looks pretty darn good!

Whats interesting is that the talk around this one from them is reaching more people and more of the masses, which is the exact opposite they have brought previously.

Whats interesting is that the talk around this one from them is reaching more people and more of the masses, which is the exact opposite they have brought previously.

They finally realized they need to sell units to make money?

Wonder why no fade option weight ports. What lofts are available ?

no dong? I'm disapointed

I like the crown, not so much the bottom.

But the price coming down that much makes it more accessible for more golfers. I wonder how many people who spent the $875+ are going to be pissed the new versions are $300 cheaper lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Much more appealing looks and price wise to me. No Dongs, so that is good. I don't know about the massive PXG on the bottom though, a bit overboard for my liking.

Definitely like the look of the crown compared to prior models, was quite shocked at the significant price cut especially given prior script on you get what you pay for.

Sounds like PXG is going after stealing some volume from the Tier 1 OEM’s. Will wait and see where from a pricing perspective where Callaway and TaylorMade’s new models start as far as list price. Going to be fun follow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really like the look. Still a bit too much $$$ for me, but kudos to them for lowering the price to bring in a potential new audience

Really like the looks and the price of this.

While attending an LPGA event last year I kind of fell in love with the sound of their previous driver. With the price they were asking I wouldn't have even really considered it (not to mention the dongs).

The way these drivers look, and from what I'm reading about their performance claims, they're very much in consideration for my bag in 2019. (Assuming I can find one to hit without driving to Chicago).

These are great looking drivers.

Back