obedt

Reaction score
Handicap
Creciendo
So, a little bit of a golf related New Year's Resolution:

I will not purchase another club until -> Insert golf goal here
I want to break 85 at my little executive course. It's short so really all it comes down to is iron and short game. Should be easy enough, but then again I suck at golf (and it's not the clubs' fault). Upgraded most of my bag last year, now it's time to step up my game a little (ok a lot).

Anyone else holding off on buying the latest and greatest? What's your 2019 Golf Resolution?

Vows to hold off buying the latest and greatest will fail in 3, 2, 1...

I also play an executive course. My goal is to break par on it.

Just replaced my irons last month and 2 fairway woods. SOOOO, bag is good to go for the year. :angel:

I broke 90 last year, barely with an 89. But still broke it. I'd like to become more consistent, but new irons is happening at some point this year. I think some properly fitted irons will do my game well instead of the 15 year old hand me downs that I currently have.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My bag was pretty much changed in 2018.
Cortex driver from Wilson Staff Proto, two Mizuno CLKs, reshafted my irons with Recoil 780 SMACWRAP, and bought a Spider Tour Black. And a OGIO Alpha Cart bag!! I think I am set for 2019...well maybe..LOL

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

I'm already out I think. I'll probably bust this resolution quicker than my gym at least 5 days a week pipe dream. I ordered a g400 hybrid 2 or 3 weeks ago and am just waiting for it to be delivered to my club to go pay for it. If that hybrid doesn't count I'll probably make it to around June before I cave and get another new driver. That's been my history.

I get a new bag in a couple of months - so I won’t get a new putter this year- I mean I might but not until April at least lol

I will not purchase another club until .... I have recovered from my surgery & have taken lessons to get me back on track with my new & improved revamped swing.

After replacing everything in my bag - even the bag itself - in 2018, I promise not to make any changes in 2019!

Honestly.

No really, I mean it!

Pinky swear!

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I will not purchase another club until...... I get more practice putting and chipping and it's time for a driver.

I will not purchase another club until...

I find something I want.

I'll win this contest, I'm sure.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Will not buy a new set of clubs this year.

I resolved to not purchase a club in 2018, which I managed to uphold (with an asterisk for replacing a lost/stolen club). Made it to January 2nd, 2019 before I broke down and purchased a new 3 wood.

I feel like most who vow to not buy are usually the first to buy hahaha

Reminded me of this episode of Seinfeld:

And yeah, I already failed. Just grabbed a new set of irons New year's eve

A regular occurrence at the beginning of every year, like detoxes and slimming teas . Good luck, y’all!

I will not buy a new club this year. Shouldn’t be an issue, being as I just got a new set that needs to be reviewed.

I will buy all the clubs I can afford - (at 2019 prices there won't be many) because it's fun!!

I think this is the first year ever that I can say I'm not going to buy a club and actually feel confident that it's going to happen.

I want to break 85 at my little executive course. It's short so really all it comes down to is iron and short game. Should be easy enough, but then again I suck at golf (and it's not the clubs' fault). Upgraded most of my bag last year, now it's time to step up my game a little (ok a lot).

Anyone else holding off on buying the latest and greatest? What's your 2019 Golf Resolution?
I don't foresee any club purchases in 2019. I just received my Cortex driver and C300 Forged irons from Staff Proto so I'm set there. I'm sure that there will be a putter or 20 that will tempt me but I need to prep a house for sale so my "modest" collection will have to do again this year.

This is the first year that I've been in a league and at 56 I'm the youngest member. To try and avoid having the geezers curb stomp we with "old man" golf I will be spending a lot of time at a nearby 9 hole par 27 course working on my short game.

A regular occurrence at the beginning of every year, like detoxes and slimming teas . Good luck, y’all!
So how many golf related products did you look at and/or buy in the time it too you to post this?? :alien:

I think this is the first year ever that I can say I'm not going to buy a club and actually feel confident that it's going to happen.

I’m a little disappointed, I don’t feel like I can call you out on that this year.

I'm not saying I wont buy a new club, but I have a good idea of what I want my bag to look like for 2019.

I will not add a single new club to my bag UNTIL I attend a THP event. So who knows how long that might be.

Easy to say with 2 or 3 putters to mess around with, and another set of irons at home..... but no new purchases.

golf is a funny game, isn't it? it's the only game where you would say, "once i achieve this specific milestone in my game, i will then allow myself to remove all the implements i used to attain that goal and start from scratch."

we have to laugh at ourselves sometimes!

my answer is, i have no answer. if i achieve my 2019 goal of shooting level par again, i better damn well leave those same clubs in the bag because they're working!

Back