The Final Tally - 2018

lanoxrehab

Reaction score
Handicap
Golfed 212 rounds (half of them only 9 holes)
6 States (Utah, Idaho, Nevada, Texas, Oklahoma, Arizona)
63 different courses
65 Birdies

Good Year for me. How about you all ?

187 rounds posted to GHIN and probably another dozen or so not posted because of things such as tournament format.

All rounds in GA and FL at 8 different courses.

Approximately 400 birdies and 6 eagles.

You guys are iron men, that's a lot of golf. 78 rounds for me posted!

About 100-120 18 hole rounds - 88 posted
7 states (MO, MI, KS, IL, ID, WA, ME)
34 courses I can recall (18-MO, 5-MI, 4-KS, 3-IL, 2-ID, 1-WA, 1-ME)
(no new states added in last 3 years - 29 and holding)
2 eagles, guessing 80-90(ish) birdies

Trying to think how many states I golfed in, wasnt many.

1. Ohio
2. Florida
3. North Carolina
4. Nevada
5. South Carolina

Might be it

Last edited:
I played about 50 rounds, maybe a few more. Almost all were 18 hole rounds. Hit a major slump at the end of the year raising me from about a 2 to an 8.8 at the last revision. I probably played 15 courses, all in Ohio. About 80% of my rounds were at 2 courses though. One of them my dad's a member of and the other is 2 minutes from my house.

I hope to play at least that many in 2019 and I want to either attend an official THP event or at a minimum one of the unofficial get togethers. I'd also like to see that HC number get back to where it belongs.

66 rounds but 17 of those on a par 61 course. The rest were regulation-ish. Technically a few additional rounds that were scrambles, etc.

States were New Jersey, New York, California, North Carolina.

Played about 15 rounds all in WI, no eagles, maybe 4-5 birdies. Played 4 new to me courses though and had a blast with my buddies = priceless

I think I got in around 45 rounds give or take a few. Most of my rounds come from vacation trips were I am playing 3+ rounds in a given week/weekend.

Nevada (1)
Idaho (2)
Canada (2)
Florida (5)
California (The rest)

HOI (0)
Eagles (0)
Birdies (30 ish)
Par's (250 ish)
Bogey's (400 ish)
Doubles (150 ish)

66 rounds, on 4 courses in NC and 1 in Fl. And I missed 4 months due to illness. (recovery and all added a bunch to my handicap as well as lack of play)

I think i have 35 rounds in The Grint this year and probably another 5 to 10 that didnt get put in for various reasons. So that is a little higher then what its been in the past 2 years. Cant complain about that. Hopefully 2019 is even better.

63 different courses
65 Birdies

67 rounds (12, 9 hole)
4 states (OK, TX, AZ, MO)
16 different courses
~32 birdies
Met my first ~30 THPers!

Could have been better, but it was still a great year.

The Final Tally - 2018

I played in the following locales, ranked by number of courses:
Maryland
Virginia
South Carolina
Florida
West Virginia
Nevada
Germany

Last edited:
I don't have stats for every shot, but I've counted 36.5 18 hole rounds played (not all counted for GHIN or for individual hole score)

50.9% FIR
32.7% GIR
31-39 putts

13 birdies
141 pars
237 bogeys
105 doubles
63 dreaded others

Not good as compared to the past two or three years..we'll try to make 2019 better

I don't have stats for every shot, but I've counted 36.5 18 hole rounds played (not all counted for GHIN or for individual hole score)

50.9% FIR
32.7% GIR
31-39 putts

13 birdies
141 pars
237 bogeys
105 doubles
63 dreaded others

Not good as compared to the past two or three years..we'll try to make 2019 better

Pretty nice Brian, did you add any new states this year?

Pretty nice Brian, did you add any new states this year?

I forgot the fun stat of 31 different courses last year in those 36.5 rounds:
9 states
3 new states (TX with threeboysdad et al., TN with the Breaking 100 outing, and KY before I flew back north)
25/50 states + Canada

I'm hoping to take a trip up to VT, NH, and ME in the spring/early summer and then get to the Lake Tahoe Open in August for NV and CA.

63 different courses
65 Birdies

I can only wish I had that kind of money and time resources ...lol but good for you
As Gleason would have said...."how seat it is"

Wow, I thought I was spending too much time at golf. I no longer feel guilty about my 67 rounds.

I honestly have no idea how many birdies I had. According to Arccos, I birdied about 10% of my holes. I remember only 3 eagles, but according to Arccos, I eagled .06% of my holes.

Unfortunately, I played no golf outside of my home state of Utah, but I played 15 different courses, 13 of which are within 40 minutes of where I live.

I played 60 rounds according to Grint but I didn't start downloading scorecards until I decided to upgrade the account about halfway through the year.

I know that I had 10 eagles for the year and for the 28 rounds where I'd entered my scorecard, I had 63 birdies. No idea on the total for the full 60 rounds but I'd imagine in the 105-110 or so range as I played better from June until my last round than I did from January to May.

Only 7 or 8 different courses, all in NC.

I played 94 18 hole rounds
Started the yr on a 6.8 handicap and finished on a 6.5. Lowest i got to was 5.2 and highest was 8.6. Projected to a 5.8 next week.
I had 190 birdies which included 20 2s. Average is 2.02 birdies a round.

This yr ive set up a spread sheet on my phone to track, date,course,eagles,birdies,bogeys,others,putts just to see how i go through the yr.

You guys get around!

174 GHIN Rounds
16 off season
2 states
7 courses

Back