Build Your Cobra KING F9 SpeedBack FW Woods

Power move right there. UT or F9 a la rickie?

UT for sure. I believe the HZRDUS black is an option so I'll roll with that... although I'll admit I'd be pretty dang curious to see what an AMT tour white would do for balancing in the bag.

Any updates from the Morgan Cuppers?

I'm still pretty sure I want two fwy's this year. A 3-4 and a 5-6 in place of a hybrid. Shafts are still the question mark for me but I'm leaning Atmos Blue. Very excited that these should be in stores this weekend!

I'm going both 3 and 5, with UTX Black, just don't know the shaft yet

I'm debating between 2 fairways and 1 fairway and 1 hybrid. Will depend on how my fitting goes this weekend. I'm fairly certain at least 1 fairway will be f9 tour 4-5.

I'm also, probably way overthinking everything.

I'm still pretty sure I want two fwy's this year. A 3-4 and a 5-6 in place of a hybrid. Shafts are still the question mark for me but I'm leaning Atmos Blue. Very excited that these should be in stores this weekend!

Sticking with my initial selections

I'm looking at a 3-4 and a 3h at the moment. Might be convinced to replace the 3h with a 2h but will depend on my fitting next week.

I could really see myself changing between lofts on the 3-4 wood quite a bit depending on the course (before the round of course). It's not something I've ever done before (and don't want to do on a regular basis), but having the option to dial up my layup distances (or real long par 3's) is pretty exciting to me.

Pretty much sticking with my initial selection at this point with minor adjustments:

3-4 fairway (initially set up as a 4 wood) with stiff flex UST Helium shaft playing 1/2" shorter than standard.

5-6 fairway (initially set up as a 6 wood) with stiff flex UST Helium shaft playing 1/2" shorter than standard.

The main difference is that I like both the avalanche and the yellow colorings so I'm considering my driver in yellow and fairways in avalanche.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

@JB

Clarification: On the first post it didn't include the F9 Tour Speedback FW or atmos blue ts 7. Are either of them options?

I am planning on going with the standard 3-4 fw in Avalanche and a Tour 4-5 fw, both most likely with the Smoke 6.0. I will play the 3-4 at 13.5 and the Tour head at 17. I like the smaller head of the Tour and with its adjustability, I could play it as high as 19 degrees, almost like a large headed hybrid.

If it goes as planned, though, the Tour 4-5 playing as a strong 5 wood will give me a club that I can use on par 5’s and the 3-4 will be a good, safe tee club when I don’t want to hit driver. I have had a chance to hit the 3-4 off a tee with a launch monitor and it was a very easy 3 wood to square up.

Ok I've finally hit everything possible and reached a shaft decision:

Standard 3w + 5w
Avalanche
HZRDUS Smoke
UTX Black

And now I'm leaning towards +2 wraps throughout my set

Right now the plan is 2 fairways. If the shortened 5 wood is a no go will probably go with a 2 hybrid.

F9 3-4 set at 13.5* yellow
Shaft: Fuji atmos ts blue 7 s or x
Length: 43"

F9 tour 4-5 set at 17.5*
Shaft: Fuji atmos ts blue 7 s or x
Length: 41.5"

Both at d3 with f9 standard grip

If the atmos ts blue 7 isnt an option I might do a shot in the dark with tensei or the nv green. I had some success with the nv blue last year but didn't like the extremely large but diameter.

I'm torn between regular 3w or tour 3w, haven't been able to hit one with a shaft I like. Place I was at today only had the smoke and its just not a fit for me. Also didn't realize shafts were different than driver haha.

I might do a regular yellow F9 3w set at 15.5 with a Mits CK Blue 70

Did they not have any of the regular f9 shafts?

Unless you are looking at x flex, they should have the atmos blue 7 (non ts) in stiff.

King F9 SpeedBack FW
UST Mamiya Helium 5
REL Black with two wraps

I have been thinking of this setup for than a minute.

Back